The Killers and Johnny Marr perform "This Charming Man" on Glastonbury

Now we know what the surprise was that he mentioned in the NME interview, I watched it live last night and didn't expect that at all - great performance of the song as well.

From the BBC website -

Then Johnny Marr arrived for a version of This Charming Man - 35 years after The Smiths' only Glastonbury show.

The song's familiar jangly riff drew a huge cheer from the crowd - by far the biggest at the Pyramid Stage this year.

"They say never meet your heroes," said frontman Brandon Flowers, "but I say that went over alright."

A good day for Johnny - a massive crowd watching his set and 100k watching him play a Smiths classic

Cool performance, but I can just imagine this making Morrissey even more angry when he sees it - this huge crowd cheering for a song he co-wrote during the headline act at Glastonbury, whilst he is currently Public Enemy Number One in this country (and would have been showered in sharpened coins and bottles of piss by the same audience if he had walked on stage as a guest instead of Johnny). Get ready for another drunken post on 'Messages From Morrissey'!

Cool performance, but I can just imagine this making Morrissey even more angry when he sees it - this huge crowd cheering for a song he co-wrote during the headline act at Glastonbury, whilst he is currently Public Enemy Number One in this country (and would have been showered in sharpened coins and bottles of piss by the same audience if he had walked on stage as a guest instead of Johnny). Get ready for another drunken post on 'Messages From Morrissey'!

True, but it's entirely his own fault for running his mouth off like a twat.
If anything, he should be grateful that Johnny is so visible and that such love remains for the Smiths.

Yes, amazing!

That's a rendition from someone who has listened to Charming Man.. many, many times - even replicated the yelp from the studio track! :D

That's a rendition from someone who has listened to Charming Man.. many, many times - even replicated the yelp from the studio track! :D
Yes, like we all like doing once in a while.

Brandon is of course a great fan, also opening for Morrissey in the past and covering Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself.

The Killers sold out after their debut album and are not the same band that made Hot Fuss. Brandon's big white teeth are vulgar and a testament to Ameri-can't obsession with appearance.
Plus, Brandon is as fake as f***, nodding to the audience and behaving like a degenerate baby kissing politician. Reminds me of Martin Sheen/Greg Stilson from The Dead Zone. Bowie had that same fake tendency. It's undignified.

the-dead-zone-charlie-sheen.jpg

The Killers sold out after their debut album and are not the same band that made Hot Fuss. Brandon's big white teeth are vulgar and a testament to Ameri-can't obsession with appearance.
Plus, Brandon is as fake as f***, nodding to the audience and behaving like a degenerate baby kissing politician. Reminds me of Martin Sheen/Greg Stilson from The Dead Zone. Bowie had that same fake tendency. It's undignified.

the-dead-zone-charlie-sheen.jpg
as I posted earlier acton he looked like one of the thunderbirds.

I liked it very much, and whatever else...no one plays guitar like Johnny Marr! :guitar:

The Killers are one of the crappiest bands I have ever heard. Their music is useless, shallow. it 's wallpaper music. Johnny must have lost temporary his head to perform with them, well his wallet must have decided to do this instead of his alma. Credibility matters, mister Marr !

A bit fast but still wonderful

I think part of the problem is The Killers got the wrong guitarist on stage. They had Johnny f***en Marr up there instead of Johnny Marr :guitar::lbf:

On a side note Brandon looked incredible. Quiff riding hide and with enough foppish fey energy to make it almost seem like a young Morrissey reincarnated. You could tell he'd been playing that moment in his head, all the way back to his teenage box bedroom rebel days growing up in Vegas. It must be epic to have such a bucket-list moment like that come true in your life.

Well following Queen plus Adam Lambert might we have The Smiths plus Brandon Flowers. The Killers don't really exist anymore, it's Brandon, the drummer, and road musicians.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom