The London riots - any thoughts/explanations etc?

Look, I merely stand behind any social uprising that is in retaliation of police brutality. I do, however, feel terrible for those who've lost their homes in the process. I admit, I was being a smart ass about it with my original post. I admire the thought behind the initial retaliation, but maybe it's because I'm a little sick of police brutality. People are killed by the police all the time here and it feels like the majority of people don't care in the least. Hell, I'm not even an anarchist. I was joking. You know this.

*performs Kriah*

I don't know you anymore...

And who will lead us out of this mess...

This is what I worry about most.

sacred-heart-of-jesus.jpg

That looks like Hari Krishna Jesus. :squiffy:
What does he want from us?! :confused:

But... I love the romance of crime.

I have seen it, been a witness to it and partially involved in it more than I should have. It is not as romantic as one thinks...

People (Asian men) killed in birmingham tonight and there is currently a UK mainstream media blackout.

Channel 847 Sangat TV are the only news channel in UK following events properly

Quite frightening developments outside of London.

Look, I merely stand behind any social uprising that is in retaliation of police brutality. I do, however, feel terrible for those who've lost their homes in the process. I admit, I was being a smart ass about it with my original post. I admire the thought behind the initial retaliation, but maybe it's because I'm a little sick of police brutality. People are killed by the police all the time here and it feels like the majority of people don't care in the least. Hell, I'm not even an anarchist. I was joking. You know this.

Except none of the 'riots' now are in reaction to anything, it's just an opportunity to loot and burn cities for the sake of a new TV or computer. As for police brutality - our police have done nothing but stand and watch as the Northern cities have been attacked. They are powerless and nobody respects them anymore - which is half the reason this whole mess has escalated to such an extent. I don't know your nationality, nothappynotsad, but it sounds like you don't really understand this situation or know much about the UK police. England is not America.

Except none of the 'riots' now are in reaction to anything, it's just an opportunity to loot and burn cities for the sake of a new TV or computer. As for police brutality - our police have done nothing but stand and watch as the Northern cities have been attacked. They are powerless and nobody respects them anymore - which is half the reason this whole mess has escalated to such an extent. I don't know your nationality, nothappynotsad, but it sounds like you don't really understand this situation or know much about the UK police. England is not America.

To be fair, she DID say she was joking, Amy...which I assure you, she was. Believe me, living in LA with the LAPD, she knows EXACTLY what these riots are like.

So this is what its all about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough, but that kind of points back to me post earlier in this thread - it's down to poor parenting and lack of decent role-models in the black community especially. And no-one but them can sort that out.

I'm curious about the black community in England. How does it differ from other races?

If this was America, there'd be about 10,000 dead black people by now. So American posters can stfu.

Actually, the LA riots in 1992 had 53 deaths:

http://www.laweekly.com/2002-05-02/news/the-l-a-53/

"The violence crossed racial and ethnic lines. The dead included 25 African-Americans, 16 Latinos, eight whites, two Asians, one Algerian, and one Indian or Middle Easterner. Men outnumbered women, 48 to 5."

Those girls sound like they are from a Catherine Tate sketch. Wonderful future generation we have to look forward to, eh?

article-2024203-0D5F1DBD00000578-126_470x578.jpg

Back
Top Bottom