The Meat Thread

I had the nicest crab meat last night! Gorgeous!!! With Avacado purée and shrimps in Marie Rose sauce.

Just took this at my local market. They had a display at the foot of one of the isles. About lost my appetite for lunch right then and there. :sick:

9472657533_f42fdba53a_c.jpg

Chickens just wanna keep the peace, man. Respect! :sweet:

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like vomit soaked in kool-aid then rolled in dirt. But it's not that bad, it's just a mound of animal misery and fear.

Wow, I didn't know cod can reach 6 feet ! Always assumed they were much smaller. Thanks for posting the fish and chips info realitybites . Makes me hungry for some . Think I'll try our Americanized version next time I go out .

Wow, I didn't know cod can reach 6 feet ! Always assumed they were much smaller. Thanks for posting the fish and chips info realitybites . Makes me hungry for some . Think I'll try our Americanized version next time I go out .

Newfoundland used to have vast cod banks until they were destroyed by human greed for animal flesh. Britain had vast stocks in the North Sea until they to pillaged them and allowed the Spanish to do so as well. We then went to war with Iceland when they tried to protect their fish stocks from voracious predatory nations. I am 'virtually vegan', but I am also occassionally a 'Sea-gan'. Oysters are no more conscious than some plants. Fish are preyed upon by other sea life forms. It's a totally different issue to Industrial Ruminant Food (aka: beef/pork/lamb). Is anyone here into the Paleo diet? None of our genetic ancestors eat farmed land mammals or farmed cess-pit fish. Has anyone here been to the Faroes/Shetlands/Iceland and eaten seabirds? What will you eat when the fish have gone? Please eat fish responsibly if you can afford it, choosing sustainable sources of fish, or advocate for an end to the War On Fish. Watch the trailer to "The End of The Line".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QWB8KJ1aIJ4#t=12

And be aware that larger fish (tuna, swordfish) are now extensively polluted with chemicals and Gulf of Mexico seafood is suspect still. Not to mention Fukushima effects on California Sushi. Educate yourself about your religious affiliation to Carnism and check your privilege to see if it is conscious and examined or just conformism to Carnist convention:

"[h=2]What Is Carnism?[/h]Carnism is the invisible belief system, or ideology, that conditions people to eat certain animals. Carnism is essentially the opposite of veganism; “carn” means “flesh” or “of the flesh” and “ism” denotes a belief system. Most people view eating animals as a given, rather than a choice; in meat-eating cultures around the world people typically don’t think about why they find the flesh of some animals disgusting and the flesh of other animals appetizing, or why they eat any animals at all. But when eating animals is not a necessity for survival, as is the case in much of the world today, it is a choice - and choices always stem from beliefs."

http://carnism.org/

"Carnism is an extremely important concept that has the potential to dramatically transform the way society thinks about eating animals."
─ Gene Baur, president and cofounder of Farm Sanctuary and author of Farm Sanctuary: Changing Hearts and Minds about Animals and Food

I've been reading this thread with interest and I thought it would be interesting to propose a thought experiment.

Nigella Lawson once ate a pig fetus. Would you eat this?

If so, would you eat a human fetus?

If not, why not?

Why do you eat some animals but not others? Why do you eat lamb or veal but not their miscarriages and abortions?

What moral issues would you see in eating an aborted human fetus?

If you crashed in a plane in a remote location, the evidence suggests you would practise cannibalism to survive, eating either dead corpses or killing someone to eat them.

As human beings are omnivores, our eating habits are culturally composed, defined and policed by Totalitarian Corporations who are custodians of Totalitarian Industrial Ruminant Torture and Slaughter.

Why do we waste the protein and other nutrients of aborted human fetus remnants? Why don't we eat the dead in our hospital morgues?

I hope this 'thought experiment' is interesting for you Carnists. It certainly is for me as an almost total Vegan (I'm a Seagan as I eat molluscs which I can harvest. But only bivalves, which have the consciousness of acquatic plants, just as carnivorous plants have the approximate level of consciousness of oysters.

With every good wish
Yours, in jubilo

Had a lovely bit of meat last night, I had an 8 inch piece of pork sword ballotine with a creamy white seminal reduction. Mmm, lovely.

I've been reading this thread with interest and I thought it would be interesting to propose a thought experiment.

Nigella Lawson once ate a pig fetus. Would you eat this?

If so, would you eat a human fetus?

If not, why not?

Why do you eat some animals but not others? Why do you eat lamb or veal but not their miscarriages and abortions?

What moral issues would you see in eating an aborted human fetus?

If you crashed in a plane in a remote location, the evidence suggests you would practise cannibalism to survive, eating either dead corpses or killing someone to eat them.

As human beings are omnivores, our eating habits are culturally composed, defined and policed by Totalitarian Corporations who are custodians of Totalitarian Industrial Ruminant Torture and Slaughter.

Why do we waste the protein and other nutrients of aborted human fetus remnants? Why don't we eat the dead in our hospital morgues?

I hope this 'thought experiment' is interesting for you Carnists. It certainly is for me as an almost total Vegan (I'm a Seagan as I eat molluscs which I can harvest. But only bivalves, which have the consciousness of acquatic plants, just as carnivorous plants have the approximate level of consciousness of oysters.

With every good wish
Yours, in jubilo

I didn't need this thought experiment as I have already pondered these issues.

I don't eat pig fetuses because I don't have to. Just like I don't have to eat beetles and mealworms. But I would if I had no other source of nourishment. I am glad I have a choice. But for all I know I have eaten these things. Perhaps they were used as filler in some raviolis or hamburger I consumed. What you don't know may not hurt you. We don't waste animal byproducts. We render them into all sorts of things. Nothing gets discarded. Nothing. It is all very efficient, really. Ya, there is pollution involved. But those who use any means of transportation that requires a power source other than one fueled by human calories or the sun, should keep their moralizing to themselves. We are all consumers of something that pollutes the Earth. No one is innocent. A vegan who flies on a plane often, or even just a few times a year, has a greater carbon footprint than a flightless omnivore.

If I was starving, I would eat human flesh--even a human fetus. But I would not kill a human to eat it in order to survive. I would, however, kill an animal--any animal--and eat it. That is, except my cat. I don't care if you want to pin the label speciest on me. I am one.

Had a lovely bit of meat last night, I had an 8 inch piece of pork sword ballotine with a creamy white seminal reduction. Mmm, lovely.

Was that served with a garnish of fresh pube sprouts?

Back
Top Bottom