The Meat Thread

I don't know anything about that astrology shit. You do remind me of Assad.

So anyway, tell us in your own words the difference between the suffering of an anally raped cat and a tortured plucked goose?

- - - Updated - - -

Neither of you come across well here. It's really embarrassing.

I think that means I'm winning because I gave up impressing people here years ago. :D

Also maybe you could stop researching and fake lecturing and use your own thoughts to answer the question. You do have your own thoughts, right?

Have you ever written a research paper? We are all standing on the shoulders of giants. Nobody pulls ideas out of the thin air. We have formulated opinions and worldviews over time by what we have been influenced by, be it our familial upbringing, formal education, or informal reading and researching on our own. When I write, I rely on all of these resources to construct an argument and persuade my reader. That is what effective writers do. If I use statistics, quotes, or historical facts, I try to cite the sources. This is how it is done. I know you have a trade school degree in font. But didn't you have to write a few papers somewhere along the line? Didn't you have to take general education courses the first two years? Didn't they include the humanities, ethics, moral philosophy? Surely you have written an 8-10 page research paper? If not, this explains your lack of understanding. With the type of degree I earned, that was pretty much all I did. Even my undergraduate electives had me producing paper after paper. Liberal Arts degrees tend to demand such output. Yours is a B.S. More technical and math-based. Not so much writing... or philosophy, psychology, sociology, history, or humanities. Your handicap is apparent. Reading literature in your spare time teaches you nothing about writing a carefully constructed and documented paper. Or how to think critically. Or how to argue without resorting to ad hominem attacks or emotional appeals.

You've got the skills to pay the bills as a reality TV actress. But not so much as a great conversationalist in polite company.

Leave the fine dining to those with china. You carry on with your spork.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither of you come across well here. It's really embarrassing.

Are you a vegetarian? I don't feel embarrassed. Do I look like I am in the gutter? I'm not trying to look cool. Or proper. Or perfect. Just posting on a forum.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about that astrology shit. You do remind me of Assad.

So anyway, tell us in your own words the difference between the suffering of an anally raped cat and a tortured plucked goose?

- - - Updated - - -

I think that means I'm winning because I gave up impressing people here years ago. :D

"What justification is there that the "physical harm" and "great suffering" the cat is subjected to is ANY DIFFERENT than the physical harm and great suffering the farm animal is subjected to?"

This was your initial question. This is the one I will address. Says nothing about a goose. You added a second post after this.

I will answer this. I am letting the question simmer in my head. May not be able to type anything until later. Or tomorrow. But I will. I am not going anywhere. And unfortunately, neither are you.

Laters. For now.

California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo is not a trade school.

I have written many papers.

I have a mother and a father and a brother and a sister and many friends and we are all friendly with one another.

Posting memes and symbolic thoughts and animal stories on solo is not indicative of my normal life (ad hominem attacks anyone?).

Everyone is laughing at us. The difference is I am aware that they are laughing at me and you are posturing intellectual while spitting out half-thought ideas like a child acts out their favorite Disney character. And at the end of the day, you still can't answer the question because you're so busy trying to impress us with being smart that you don't know how to think for yourself and just answer the question.

Are you a vegetarian? I don't feel embarrassed. Do I look like I am in the gutter? I'm not trying to look cool. Or proper. Or perfect. Just posting on a forum.

I am, yes. That really makes no difference to what i'm saying though. I'm not knocking the animal rights talk, just everything else.

You clearly want to appear intelligent, to the point where you say "i am intelligent.".

Your back and forth with cg is what's embarrassing.

"You're not intelligent."

"Yeah i am."

"No."

"Yeah i am. And you're ugly."

It's juvenile and embarrassing. That's just my opinion though. Keep it up.

I am, yes. That really makes no difference to what i'm saying though. I'm not knocking the animal rights talk, just everything else.

You clearly want to appear intelligent, to the point where you say "i am intelligent.".

Your back and forth with cg is what's embarrassing.

"You're not intelligent."

"Yeah i am."

"No."

"Yeah i am. And you're ugly."

It's juvenile and embarrassing. That's just my opinion though. Keep it up.

OK. Before you get all high and mighty, maybe you should revisit your handiwork. I didn't post on that thread. I thought it was embarrassing and juvenile. We all have our faults. I don't hold that thread against you. I'm sure you are not proud of what you wrote and did. It was not your finest moment. I know you make thoughtful contributions in the General forum. Don't judge me solely by my interactions with Geezer. I am more than that. As is she. So she claims.

OK. Before you get all high and mighty, maybe you should revisit your handiwork. I didn't post on that thread. I thought it was embarrassing and juvenile. We all have our faults. I don't hold that thread against you. I'm sure you are not proud of what you wrote and did. It was not your finest moment. I know you make thoughtful contributions in the General forum. Don't judge me solely by my interactions with Geezer. I am more than that. As is she. So she claims.

I just wish I was as pretty and thin as you. :tears: That's the real pain here, not your superior intelligence, but your beauty.

It's way too late. I can't stop feeling high and mighty.

The difference between that thread and the back and forth in this thread is that i never responded with "oh yeah? well you're dumb and ugly" alongside proudly proclaiming my intelligence.

Also i don't feel bad at all about my actions. Thanks for telling me that i should though. And thanks for not judging me. I'm not judging you based on what you've said. I'm just judging what you've said in this thread. I think it's embarrassing.

It's way too late. I can't stop feeling high and mighty.

The difference between that thread and the back and forth in this thread is that i never responded with "oh yeah? well you're dumb and ugly" alongside proudly proclaiming my intelligence.

Also i don't feel bad at all about my actions. Thanks for telling me that i should though. And thanks for not judging me. I'm not judging you based on what you've said. I'm just judging what you've said in this thread. I think it's embarrassing.

I'm not judging you per se. I think it was a little odd what you did. And posting it here. But hey, that is what a forum is for. To express, vent, argue. I just don't think my actions here, in this thread, are any stranger than the things you wrote about in that thread. Semantics. But you have an excuse. You are young. I have no excuse. Neither does Geezer. We are grown women who should know better. Maybe we just don't have outlets in real life to be so snarky... and get away with it. That is what I am going with. I'm actually much kinder and have a great deal of humility in real life. This is the Internet.

As far as your actions mentioned in that thread... well, I wouldn't look through someone's cell pics. In fact, I wouldn't even turn on their phone without their permission. Even if it was my husband's. I respect a person's privacy. But you are from a different generation. Maybe boundaries are more blurred. Or it is a cultural thing. Or just how you roll. I'd be pissed if someone was snooping through my stuff, including my phone. You can say she deserved what she got, because she was being dishonest. Well, you know what they say about trust? Without it, you have nothing. That's all. I'm not going to comment on the whole train thing... or texting her boyfriend.

I'm not judging you per se. I think it was a little odd what you did. And posting it here. But hey, that is what a forum is for. To express, vent, argue. I just don't think my actions here, in this thread, are any stranger than the things you wrote about in that thread. Semantics. But you have an excuse. You are young. I have no excuse. Neither does Geezer. We are grown women who should know better. Maybe we just don't have outlets in real life to be so snarky... and get away with it. That is what I am going with. I'm actually much kinder and have a great deal of humility in real life. This is the Internet.

As far as your actions mentioned in that thread... well, I wouldn't look through someone's cell pics. In fact, I wouldn't even turn on their phone without their permission. Even if it was my husband's. I respect a person's privacy. But you are from a different generation. Maybe boundaries are more blurred. Or it is a cultural thing. Or just how you roll. I'd be pissed if someone was snooping through my stuff, including my phone. You can say she deserved what she got, because she was being dishonest. Well, you know what they say about trust? Without it, you have nothing. That's all. I'm not going to comment on the whole train thing... or texting her boyfriend.

You are judging him. You are telling him who he is, what generation he's from, how he's different from you. That's called JUDGING. You don't get to slap a per se on the end and not say that you are a non-judgemental moral person with kindness and humility.

"What justification is there that the "physical harm" and "great suffering" the cat is subjected to is ANY DIFFERENT than the physical harm and great suffering the farm animal is subjected to?"

OK. I am going to answer this from the heart and not my head.

Raping or sexually molesting any animal by a human is unacceptable, regardless if it is a cat or a cow. Even if the animal seems to enjoy it... like if your favorite sheep doesn't seem to mind if you sneak up on her out in the pasture and have a quick go at it. And, in fact, you actually think she seems to enjoy it. I still say it is wrong. The law says so as well, in most states/countries. I agree with the notion that there is no consent involved. An animal is incapable of offering consent. As is a child. Thus we must act as custodians of their welfare. We must protect them. And assume that they would not want to have sexual relations with us. That is the default setting. And because they cannot say otherwise, due to lack of language or emotional maturity, we must assume this is so.

Now, as far as torture in general goes. This is also unacceptable regardless of the species of animal. Cat, cow, or human... torture is wrong. No ifs, ands, or buts. Suffering is another issue altogether. I can suffer with an abscessed tooth. There may be no way around it. But, if a dentist drilled into my gums on purpose for fun to torture me, this would be suffering unnecessarily... and thus, wrong. One is clearly avoidable and unnecessary. The other is not. Cause and motive must be considered.

Animals raised for food, sadly are not afforded the same protection against cruelty and abuse like companion animals and wildlife are. This is wrong. I agree that farm animals need greater protection. I support these efforts 100%. Sadly, poultry birds have virtually no protection whatsoever as they are not protected under the Humane Slaughter Act. Neither are animals subjected to religious slaughter methods.

I am, and have always been, firmly opposed to furrowing crates and calf tethering. I have never consumed veal in my life. And would not sit at the table with my parents when that was on the menu. I guess it is odd to eat beef but not veal... to some. I agree, I suppose. I just draw the line somewhere. I was a vegetarian for seven years. Strict one. This was before Morning Star burgers, and Quorn, and soy products everywhere. It is much easier now. I ate meat again for the first time at a place I was working at. I was broke. The pizza offered had peperoni on it. I gave in. I was sick. But then went full force. Eating raw meat. My family was shocked, to say the least, to witness their daughter, who refused to eat any flesh her entire childhood--especially pork--eating meat so hardily for the first time in her late teens. I have read all the major animal rights books and seen all the films. I know what goes on. Much of it makes me ill. Downer cows, electric prods, live dismemberment, confinement, crowding, disease, stress. These things are upsetting. And everything should be done to change them... prevent them from happening. Factory farming and all its abuses does look like torture at times. It is not ideal. There is a better way. There is veganism for everyone. Or there are more humane farming and slaughter practices.

For the record, I don't think cats are more deserving of protection than pigs. But the law does. I guess pets are owned by people who have emotional bonds with them. Maybe we are actually protecting the people's rights from harm? Remember when rape was seen as a violation of the husband's property and not the woman's personhood? Same reasoning, I think.

I don't know if this answers the question. I just know that rape is never OK. Torture is not OK. Farm animals deserve greater protection against cruelty and abuse. Farm animals should be raised and slaughtered as humanely as possible.

I am against wearing fur from animals raised and killed for this purpose. I am also opposed to zoos and places such as Sea World which confine animals for human entertainment. Sanctuaries are another thing.

Last edited:

First of all, i don't think i've ever mentioned my age here so for you to bring it up is quite odd. I understand that you're just telling me that i reacted in an immature way. Thanks for not judging though.

Second, why would i trust someone has proven with their actions that they are untrustworthy? I'd be pissed if someone was snooping through my stuff too but i'd be more than pissed if i was given a concrete reason to think such a thing might be necessary. You don't earn trust by being a lying cheating pile of shit.

Anyway, you could have brought this up on that thread. You clearly have opinions. I wouldn't have responded with "you're ugly and dumb" because i think such a response would come across as embarrassing and childish.

That's all i was saying. I'll let you two get on with it.

And again, thanks for not judging me.

Last edited:
First of all, i don't think i've ever mentioned my age here so for you to bring it up is quite odd. I understand that you're just telling me that i reacted in an immature way. Thanks for not judging though.

Second, why would i trust someone has proven with their actions that they are untrustworthy? I'd be pissed if someone was snooping through my stuff too but i'd be more than pissed if i was given a concrete reason to think such a thing might be necessary. You don't earn trust by being a lying cheating pile of shit.

Anyway, you could have brought this up on that thread. You clearly have opinions. I wouldn't have responded with "you're ugly and dumb" because i think such a response would come across as embarrassing and childish.

That's all i was saying. I'll let you two get on with it.

And again, thanks for not judging me.

I only mentioned that thread because you said my posts here in this thread are embarrassing. I got defensive. Sorry. That was my frame of mind yesterday. I assume you are young because you are single, and out having fun and having lots of sex. Was I wrong? Older people do do those thing too, of course. But most are then divorced with kids and hooking up through dating sites not Morrissey gigs. And the lady, well she seemed young. If she was a character in a novel and that was how you were describing her, I would picture someone young in my mind. Let me say this, your story was well written and entertaining. I don't want to be on bad terms. Can we start fresh?

Last edited:
It was long overdue. Somebody had to step up to the plate. :D

Glad you like it.

Now what's your poison?

I'm kind of craving this right now...

capital_steak.jpg

Ugh that looks gorgeous. I just had a f***ing brilliant steak (only the second time cooking it for myself too), no pics though as I devoured it too fast. Says the girl who was veggie for 4 years...*hides*. I just like it too much and have shitty shitty willpower- I actually felt more guilty continuing to restrict myself when my heart wasn't in it anymore, it seemed disingenuous.

Recipe for Seitan Pot Roast.

http://thevword.net/2013/04/seitan-pot-roast.html

I never really got eating something that looks like animal flesh if you're opposed to eating animals, but I guess it;s not a lot different from masturbating and emaulating sex in your brain rather than having sex. It looks pretty convincing for any meat eaters thinking about making the switch for their health. I think the fast food people should start pushing this. Baby steps. As a former carne asada eater, Chipotle's sofritas soy substitute is pretty f***ing amazing.

seitan+pot+roast+(6).JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom