The Mike Joyce interview when he was in The Smiths that so irked Morrissey

butley

...Just reading about this in the Meetings With Morrissey book. Apparently Mike Joyce gave an interview when he was in The Smiths and it led to an agreement that the rhythm section wouldn't be interviewed again.
Can I find a copy of the interview anywhere?
Thanks

Re: The Mike Joyce interview when he was in The Smiths that so irked Morrissey... ...

I can't find anything in what Joyce said that could be seen as offensive, why would Morrissey be so irritated by it?

I can't find anything in what Joyce said that could be seen as offensive, why would Morrissey be so irritated by it?

Sadly Morrissey didn't think Mike had a right to represent Smiths.

In his view he and Johnny should do the press interviews, not Mike and Andy.

Sadly Morrissey didn't think Mike had a right to represent Smiths.

In his view he and Johnny should do the press interviews, not Mike and Andy.

We all know that. But was it that particular article (that I posted) that led Morrissey to officially declare this? It obviously wasn't always that way. That IS what the poster wants to know. Or was there no such crucial moment, and the claims in the book, Meetings With Morrisey, are false?

We all know that. But was it that particular article (that I posted) that led Morrissey to officially declare this? It obviously wasn't always that way. That IS what the poster wants to know. Or was there no such crucial moment, and the claims in the book, Meetings With Morrisey, are false?

I wasn't replying your comment.

Morrissey was furious to discover Mike's interview on No.1 August 1985

Morrissey will not admit these things anyway.
Reading Mike and others' comments, Morrissey didn't want to give any responsibilities / credit to Mike and Andy.

Mike actually asked Morrissey if he could help him and Johnny such as managerial stuff of the band, but he refused.

Back
Top Bottom