The Morrissey-solo Observer Newsletter

mspendl828

Banned
General Discussion​

With a break in Morrissey’s current tour of the United States the General Discussion board returned to somewhat normality this week and there was a more varied select of topics than we have been seeing lately. The most popular thread was "Moz mugged". This thread was started by FDR and opened with a youtube link of a girl jumping on Morrissey during the concert at Bakersfield and wrapping her legs around him. At press time this thread had 59 replies and 907 views. This was good thread and soon developed into a discussion of vaginal health and cleaning methods. I’ve not fully read the thread but from what I’ve seen it looks around ***1/2.
The Morrissey ‘frink’ thread continued it’s dominence of the forum and now stands at 153,126 views with an astonishing 4,086 replies at press time.
The user ‘Well I Wonder’ began a thread discussing the song America Is Not The World, asking why people in America did not like the song? Worm was quick to denounce the song, declaring it substandard to tracks like as I’m So Bored Of The USA by The Clash. Defence of America Is Not The World was taken up by Bassist-in-a-Tutu who said he felt it was an excellent was to open to the album. Ultimately however the feeling on the thread was that it was a poor song and people were not happy with the lyrical content on the whole. A good thread but was missing something so I can’t really go over ***
Ben Budd started an interesting titled thread – “I would kill each and everyone of you if it meant...” which ended up being about how he like the idea of Morrissey teaming up with Bernard Butler, formerly of Suede. This thread seemingly has not caught on and as a result I can only give it about * for effort.

Other Music​

Generally one of the quieter sections of the board, Other Music saw some activity, but is still unable to get a consistant run of quality going. With most threads struggling to get more than 10 replies it’s hard to see if this forum has much future on the board, but there are still a selection of hardcore fans that have stayed loyal the product.
One of the more popular threads with 17 replies was the “An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff” that was started by soundofthenorth. This thread is somewhat of an undiscovered diamond with the original poster uploading a selection of REM demo’s to download, as well as some alternative mixes. This is a thread I’d certainly recommend going out of your way to see. Easily ****.

Downloads / Bootlegs​

Always a popular forum on the board, Downloads / Bootlegs saw links posted to torrents of both Kristeen Young and Morrissey sets from the Ann Arbor concert last month. Although Flac files are not to everone’s taste, they are excellent quality recordings and come highly recommended. *****
Cossy also uploaded the Smiths last TV appearance together, when they mimed in Italian TV, and a video of Morrissey at the 2004 Reading Festival was also made available

Collectors Corner / Market Place​

No one really cares, surely?

Events​

The events folder often sees some tomfoolery from some of the Manchester based members of the board and this week was no different. On the thread dedicated to next Thursday’s ‘Maladjusted’ night in Manchester an argument began over two members apparent refusal to pay entry fee. The user ‘Jukebox Jury’ who will be on the door next Thursday was not happy with these threats and made sure that his opinion is know. There are though rumours that this was a set up just to wind up the veteran poster, but these are strictly unconfirmed. Unsurprisingly given the posters involved this quickly turned into a political debate, and one in which Jukebox Jury has given about 4 ‘last words’ on the subject. A highly entertaining thread, but with the ending still in doubt I can’t go for the full five stars, but will happily give ****

Off-topic​

The big debate of the sexuality of He-man exploded into the off-topic forum this week, sparking some intense debate. Elsewhere HIM celebrated his 3,000th post and Hatful declared they were still reading The Other Side of the Story despite beginning it two months ago. There was also an excellent thread about the local bus routes in Manchester, which gave to some entertaining debate and nostalgic remembrances from Manchester exiles such as adopted Scotsman Grim O’Grady.

Last edited:
The Events board is the only one i read these days. The humour and goarding of certain individuals on there is amazing. :D Plus, many sporting legends including Ian Botham, Peter Crouch and of course, Brian Musampa started off their Morrissey journey there!

Arrrrrgh, the reviewer missed Beth Ditto NME cover thread on other music!!
Bugger!

Many thanks for mspendle828 for posting. :)

An excellent post. I look forward to next weeks analysis.

General Discussion​

With a break in Morrissey’s current tour of the United States the General Discussion board returned to somewhat normality this week and there was a more varied select of topics than we have been seeing lately. The most popular thread was "Moz mugged". This thread was started by FDR and opened with a youtube link of a girl jumping on Morrissey during the concert at Bakersfield and wrapping her legs around him. At press time this thread had 59 replies and 907 views. This was good thread and soon developed into a discussion of vaginal health and cleaning methods. I’ve not fully read the thread but from what I’ve seen it looks around ***1/2.
The Morrissey ‘frink’ thread continued it’s dominence of the forum and now stands at 153,126 views with an astonishing 4,086 replies at press time.
The user ‘Well I Wonder’ began a thread discussing the song America Is Not The World, asking why people in America did not like the song? Worm was quick to denounce the song, declaring it substandard to tracks like as I’m So Bored Of The USA by The Clash. Defence of America Is Not The World was taken up by Bassist-in-a-Tutu who said he felt it was an excellent was to open to the album. Ultimately however the feeling on the thread was that it was a poor song and people were not happy with the lyrical content on the whole. A good thread but was missing something so I can’t really go over ***
Ben Budd started an interesting titled thread – “I would kill each and everyone of you if it meant...” which ended up being about how he like the idea of Morrissey teaming up with Bernard Butler, formerly of Suede. This thread seemingly has not caught on and as a result I can only give it about * for effort.

Other Music​

Generally one of the quieter sections of the board, Other Music saw some activity, but is still unable to get a consistant run of quality going. With most threads struggling to get more than 10 replies it’s hard to see if this forum has much future on the board, but there are still a selection of hardcore fans that have stayed loyal the product.
One of the more popular threads with 17 replies was the “An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff” that was started by soundofthenorth. This thread is somewhat of an undiscovered diamond with the original poster uploading a selection of REM demo’s to download, as well as some alternative mixes. This is a thread I’d certainly recommend going out of your way to see. Easily ****.

Downloads / Bootlegs​

Always a popular forum on the board, Downloads / Bootlegs saw links posted to torrents of both Kristeen Young and Morrissey sets from the Ann Arbor concert last month. Although Flac files are not to everone’s taste, they are excellent quality recordings and come highly recommended. *****
Cossy also uploaded the Smiths last TV appearance together, when they mimed in Italian TV, and a video of Morrissey at the 2004 Reading Festival was also made available

Collectors Corner / Market Place​

No one really cares, surely?

Events​

The events folder often sees some tomfoolery from some of the Manchester based members of the board and this week was no different. On the thread dedicated to next Thursday’s ‘Maladjusted’ night in Manchester an argument began over two members apparent refusal to pay entry fee. The user ‘Jukebox Jury’ who will be on the door next Thursday was not happy with these threats and made sure that his opinion is know. There are though rumours that this was a set up just to wind up the veteran poster, but these are strictly unconfirmed. Unsurprisingly given the posters involved this quickly turned into a political debate, and one in which Jukebox Jury has given about 4 ‘last words’ on the subject. A highly entertaining thread, but with the ending still in doubt I can’t go for the full five stars, but will happily give ****

Off-topic​

The big debate of the sexuality of He-man exploded into the off-topic forum this week, sparking some intense debate. Elsewhere HIM celebrated his 3,000th post and Hatful declared they were still reading The Other Side of the Story despite beginning it two months ago. There was also an excellent thread about the local bus routes in Manchester, which gave to some entertaining debate and nostalgic remembrances from Manchester exiles such as adopted Scotsman Grim O’Grady.

I LIKE YOU.:DTHIS SO CLEVER AND I SO NEEDED CHEERING UP:D

I have to concur. The events board is like watching Coronation Street on ITV2. With amusing outtakes. I love it.
Sadly that bird who was in Dream Team hasn't made an appearance. Yet. Ooh I would. Milfy milfy.

Other music captures my imagination. Theres more to life than Moz you know, but not much more. However we need more Phil Collins threads,.

Off topic I seem to be avoiding. He-man is obviously gay... he was invented by a toys company ffs.
At the risk of sounding racist it appears to have been taken over by banal Americans. Hijacking that pictures thread... Kewpie would have been fired if she were on the Apprentice.

And still Uncle Skinny continues to be one of the best. That JM interview typed lovingly for our perusal. CHEERS!

Events​
On the thread dedicated to next Thursday’s ‘Maladjusted’ night in Manchester an argument began over two members apparent refusal to pay entry fee. The user ‘Jukebox Jury’ who will be on the door next Thursday was not happy with these threats and made sure that his opinion is know.

How nice of you to reveal that I was one of the individuals involved in the arguement (I was the one suggesting people should pay to get in - not an unreasonable request, surely?) yet somehow - maybe out of embarressment -you forget to include that YOU are (one of) 'the otherside' of the arguement after I exposed you and your pals (yes there were three of you, not two) for refusing to pay at last months event and bragging how you intended to do the same next week.
So I shall name and shame the three of you NOW for all to see:eek:

Mspendl, Uncle Liam, Ben Budd - Manchester's Freeloaders.

I met someone off this board last night in Dry Bar and we discussed this issue, he naturally said that it was good to see an elder statesman from the board winding up the young upstarts. Well I do like to entertain. :D

My final word on the topic. Ever.

Jukebox Jury​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom