The Most Expensive Spirits In The World

The Seeker of Good Songs

(original link http://www.divinecaroline.com/article/22145/49644-most-expensive-spirits-world)

http://consumerist.com/tag/fancy-booze/?i=5010384&t=the-most-expensive-spirits-in-the-world

Henri IV Dudognon Heritage Cognac Grande Champagne - $1,946,617
This cognac comes in a bottle covered in 24K gold and sterling platinum. The bottle sports 6,500 diamonds crafted by a master jeweler. The cognac itself has been aged for over 100 years giving it an alcohol content of 41%.
cognac_01.jpg

La Ley del Diamante (the Diamond Sterling) Tequila - $1,547,880

The bottle is a hand-blown creation made by 32 Mexican craftsman, covered in 4kg. of platinum and silver and covered with 6,000 diamonds. 3,6 and 9 year old tequilas are blended in cured barrels with an alcohol content of 42%.
tequila_01.jpg

DIVA Premium Vodka - $1,060,000

The vodka is made from natural spring water. It is triple distilled, first through ice then Nordic birch charcoal then through granulated diamonds and gems. The center of the bottle is filled with various precious and semi-precious gems.
vodka_01.jpg

Nun’s Island, Galway Distillery, 20-Year-Old Pure Pot Still Whisky and Nun’s Island, Galaway Distillery, 25-Year-Old Pure
Pot Still Whisky - $194,661
The Galaway Distillery went out of business in 1908, the bottles were distilled in the 1800's. Good luck finding any.

The Macallan Fine and Rare Collection, 1926, 60 Years Old - $38,000
Macallan's revolutionary Fine & Rare Collection 1926 can be found the Homestead Steakhouse in Atlantic City for $3,300 per dram.
whiskey.jpg

Wray and Nephew Rum - $50,638

This rum is made by the Jamaican distillers Wray and Nephew and was bottled in the 1940's. Some of the rum dates back to 1915. There are only 4 unopened bottles in the world.

The vodka is made from natural spring water. It is triple distilled, first through ice then Nordic birch charcoal then through granulated diamonds and gems. The center of the bottle is filled with various precious and semi-precious gems.

Anybody who pays more than $20 for a bottle of vodka is brain-dead. "Distilled through granulated diamonds and gems"? WTF? Diamonds & gems aren't porous, so they aren't exactly imparting any flavor or removing any impurities.

Pearls, on the other hand...

Anybody who pays more than $20 for a bottle of vodka is brain-dead. "Distilled through granulated diamonds and gems"? WTF? Diamonds & gems aren't porous, so they aren't exactly imparting any flavor or removing any impurities.

Pearls, on the other hand...

If one can afford to put down $1M on a bottle of anything, it no longer matters what anything costs. $20/$30/$1M; it's all the same...nothing.
Those same people think their
747px-Human_Feces.jpg
looks like diamonds. And it just may.

weekend specials:

Last edited:
well in all honesty,the most i ever paid for booze was 145 for a bottle of absinthe,and have paid like 80 or so for some aged jamesons.

whatever.

i love booze

booze :sweet:
holy crap. :eek:

What's the cheapest liquor you've ever had? haha.

My dad used to drink Mad Dog, and Everclear when he was a teen. Purple Passion I believe it was...

holy crap. :eek:

What's the cheapest liquor you've ever had? haha.

My dad used to drink Mad Dog, and Everclear when he was a teen. Purple Passion I believe it was...

cheapest?

i would have to say boone's farm wine.it is like 5 or 6 bucks a pop?
it tastes like juice,not wine ,which is probably why i enjoy it.i dislike wine.

cheapest?

i would have to say boone's farm wine.it is like 5 or 6 bucks a pop?
it tastes like juice,not wine ,which is probably why i enjoy it.i dislike wine.
Damn.
I don't particularly like wine a whole lot either. has a weird taste.

Apparently Mad Dog is basically hobo wine.

Which, really doesn't surprise me a whole bunch, with a name like "Mad Dog."

boxed wine is never ever good,its like buying a suit off the rack.

awful.

On the other hand, you have to wonder what premium you're paying for all that glass. And I'd still rather buy 10000 cartons of boxed German wine than 1 diamond-encrusted bottle of Pinot Grigio. Just sayin'...

Coiff.

On the other hand, you have to wonder what premium you're paying for all that glass. And I'd still rather buy 10000 cartons of boxed German wine than 1 diamond-encrusted bottle of Pinot Grigio. Just sayin'...

Coiff.

that is also very true.my rule with drinking is i will pay a little bit more than the cheapest crap but i wont go overboard ,because after two or three,I am not even going to be able to tell the difference,even if i could tell before the first glass.

(original link http://www.divinecaroline.com/article/22145/49644-most-expensive-spirits-world)

http://consumerist.com/tag/fancy-booze/?i=5010384&t=the-most-expensive-spirits-in-the-world

Henri IV Dudognon Heritage Cognac Grande Champagne - $1,946,617
This cognac comes in a bottle covered in 24K gold and sterling platinum. The bottle sports 6,500 diamonds crafted by a master jeweler. The cognac itself has been aged for over 100 years giving it an alcohol content of 41%.
cognac_01.jpg

La Ley del Diamante (the Diamond Sterling) Tequila - $1,547,880

The bottle is a hand-blown creation made by 32 Mexican craftsman, covered in 4kg. of platinum and silver and covered with 6,000 diamonds. 3,6 and 9 year old tequilas are blended in cured barrels with an alcohol content of 42%.
tequila_01.jpg

vodka_01.jpg

Nun’s Island, Galway Distillery, 20-Year-Old Pure Pot Still Whisky and Nun’s Island, Galaway Distillery, 25-Year-Old Pure
Pot Still Whisky - $194,661
The Galaway Distillery went out of business in 1908, the bottles were distilled in the 1800's. Good luck finding any.

The Macallan Fine and Rare Collection, 1926, 60 Years Old - $38,000
Macallan's revolutionary Fine & Rare Collection 1926 can be found the Homestead Steakhouse in Atlantic City for $3,300 per dram.
whiskey.jpg

Wray and Nephew Rum - $50,638

This rum is made by the Jamaican distillers Wray and Nephew and was bottled in the 1940's. Some of the rum dates back to 1915. There are only 4 unopened bottles in the world.

Now, if you can tell me where I can buy a bottle of absinthe......you know my address :D

Tags
booze
Back
Top Bottom