The New European article comparison with nationalism and patriotism

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND EVERYBODY!

View attachment 59616

You too!

20201002_164205.gif

(Perhaps I should make this my signature... 🤔)

You're a grown woman. You can have it all ✊

I don't have a signature because I can't decide.

I really can’t have anything at all because of indecisiveness.

I don't have a signature because I can't decide.

I really can’t have anything at all because of indecisiveness.

í think the tongue-one may detract from even your most scintillating of posts.

But you could always have a different sig for every day of the week?

í think the tongue-one may detract from even your most scintillating of posts.

But you could always have a different sig for every day of the week?

Every day a new era. From fluffy twink to racist uncle in under 48 hours.

I'll think about it.
Expect a decision by Nevermas 2076.

This excerpt is Old Young Moz in Excelsis Deo

From 8:00 ~ 11:15; Gurrrils to bitter...

:flowers:

Oh dear, he's cute. :love:

It really isn't true at all that girls/women weren't represented in the earlier material though. They're just not portrayed in the usual objectified pop-serviceable way.

Jeane (?), Pretty Girls Make Graves, Wonderful Woman, Girl Afraid, What She Said... all seem to deal with very diverse types of female characters.

Oh dear, he's cute. :love:

It really isn't true at all that girls/women weren't represented in the earlier material though. They're just not portrayed in the usual objectified pop-serviceable way.

Jeane (?), Pretty Girls Make Graves, Wonderful Woman, Girl Afraid, What She Said... all seem to deal with very diverse types of female characters.

Agreed; Muriel was being a naughty gurrril there.

í think he was on the good meds that day {not the Streatham batch...}

Oh you're not missing anything Nelly. Kev seems a good sort, and if he does disagree with Moz on some issues, he appears to be the rare old type that doesn't write off his entire existence. Basically his argument was ~ they are pop stars, why would í ask them how í should vote or what to think about the issues du jour? The presenters were gently trying to set it up for the score, but he wouldn't say anything about anyone. Blamed the weed, etc. He did mention that Moz sells face masks online, but Moz, as far as í'm aware, has never come all out for mask-burning. Alot of people are just mixing everyone and every issue all together.

And it's cos you have a big heart that you can't take it. But take it easy anyhow.

It was an interesting 'listen' actually; the guy's got his head screwed on right & recognises that 'pop-stars' live in a world largely removed from reality, & like to do things to 'provoke' & appear 'controversial'...all par for the course & part of the territory.

Agreed; Muriel was being a naughty gurrril there.

í think he was on the good meds that day {not the Streatham batch...}

I had the same thought earlier. Not the dubious "‘mood’ tablet known as Pastalin", it would seem.

And not mixing it with a bottle of wine might have helped, too.

The way he utters the word "her". Like it's a particularly shameful obscenity. :lbf:
You get the impression his ears must be bright red...

The way he utters the word "her". Like it's a particularly shameful obscenity. :lbf:
You get the impression his ears must be bright red...

And with that curious soft Scouse lilt of his. He really was silly-for-Cilla that year, wasn't he?

And any interview that climaxes with him saying "I want to die" is a winner in my jotter.

And with that curious soft Scouse lilt of his. He really was silly-for-Cilla that year, wasn't he?

And any interview that climaxes with him saying "I want to die" is a winner in my jotter.

Nineteen-eighty-Cilla.

I love the way he says "at all".

But it's a duel of the cute accents, she's fierce competition.

Wasn't there another interview with sweet Muriel? Meat Is Murder era?

Nineteen-eighty-Cilla.

Yes, but í've never watched it cos of Muriel's hair.

Kevin really was always one of the best too. The new book is fantastic.

What I would give for some pictures of Morrissey in 2020 taken by KC.

(Or any talented photographer, really...)

Did you have a chance to read it?
Is Morrissey featured in there? I followed the Brit-pop scene from a distance at the time, and I am never sure if Morrissey is considered part of it (as he released some of his best work in that era) or not (because the Blur versus Oasis battle caught most attention).

Nineteen-eighty-Cilla.

Oh no, í cringe at Muriels brogue. Cringe yet simultaneously feel a warm glow. Probably cos it's near-as-dammit my own. The thrill & horror of home. "The Best Gurrril in the Wurrild" Etc ~ love & romance never stood a chance in this neck of the woods.
But í think Moz loves us Jocks, so that's the main thing. As @Nerak knows...

Yes, but í've never watched it cos of Muriel's hair.

She just looks like an edgier version of Madonna here.

"They probably feel like I'm somewhat too clever to do what I do."

Uh-huh.

Last edited:
She just looks like an edgier version of Madonna here.

"They probably feel like I'm somewhat too clever to do what I do."

Uh-huh.

í think the hair brought back terrible memories of that girl that stole my lunch money one time.

They say you get over these things. But six months is early yet...

Did you have a chance to read it?
Is Morrissey featured in there? I followed the Brit-pop scene from a distance at the time, and I am never sure if Morrissey is considered part of it (as he released some of his best work in that era) or not (because the Blur versus Oasis battle caught most attention).

Not all of it. So far I've mostly marvelled at the photographs.

I think he wasn't considered to be a part of it. The Smiths were often cited as an influence on many bands of course but I think he himself was too separated from the "scene" and too much "locked in the past" to be a part of it.

His early fascination with Suede, who were clearly going for a Morrissey/Bowie-hybrid type of aesthetic, quickly went sour, if I recall correctly.

The year Oasis started out with an album full of drug and rock'n'roll references, he released a soft, romantic, nostalgic album and in 1995, at the height of Britpop, he followed up with what must have almost sounded like prog rock to most people.

But honestly, as much as I love the whole era, I've never liked the term "Britpop" much. So it's not necessarily a bad thing that Morrissey didn't fit in.

Back
Top Bottom