The new Morrissey song, 'Scandinavia'...

Maurice E

Morrissey said in a recent interview that he didn't want to unveil any more new songs before recording the album, but that's exactly what he's gone and done!
It would appear to be called Scandinavia.
Intriguing stuff. I love it when Moz sings about the geography of Europe (Christian Dior, Arms around Paris etc).
He's always been relatively popular in Scandinavia (relative to other countries outside UK and US) - I think he's even had some number one albums there.
I am particularly excited when Moz unleashes a new song that isn't about journalists, bitterness, court-cases, bluntness etc.
It seems that this is quite an unusual sounding song, so who wrote it now that, presumably, Alain's no longer contributing? Most Boz and Jesse songs are relatively conventional sounding these days. Could it be a new Morrissey/Street song - the first for 20 years?
Also, the timing is intriguing. Perhaps with all the negativity of recent days, it was done to get us talking/thinking about the music again. If so then it's worked - well for me at least!

Last edited:
"Stab me in your own time in Scandinavia"

Anal sex?

Sounds really intriguing both musically and lyrically, little apparent structure. Really hope it sticks around the set-list for Warsaw.

I admit that I was disapointed at the first 3 new songs, but this sounds promising! Can't wait to hear a studio version of it!

My brother (45!?) seems to think "you have killed me" is referring to anal sex, and went on to say that when M sings "yes I walk around somehow..." well you get the general idea.
For f*** sake Viva give up.

My brother (45!?) seems to think "you have killed me" is referring to anal sex, and went on to say that when M sings "yes I walk around somehow..." well you get the general idea.

I actually think 'You Have Killed Me' is about AIDS...

"I entered nothing and nothing entered me
Til you came with the key and you did your best but
As I live and breathe, you have killed me, you have killed me
Yes, I walk around somehow, but you have killed me, you have killed me"

Obviously about AIDS...

Really like the sound of the song on first listen, would be great to hear it all the way through. Reminds me of a Maladjusted song, which is always a good sign for me. :cool:

always good to hear your views on the new stuff.
do you think it might be written by someone other than Boz or Jesse?

Thanks - it's always nice to discuss the music, isn't it?

I don't tend to guess the co-writer so much, but going from a few listens of the YouTube clip this does seem to have a Maladjusted/Lifeguard Sleeping feel about it to me - so it could very well be Boz. I instantly like it, I must say.

Back
Top Bottom