pieter_brueghel_700.jpg

Johan Vermeers:

Vermeer%20Girl%20with%20a%20Pearl%20Earring.jpg

unicorn_tapestry.jpg

The Unicorn in Captivity
The seventh tapestry of the series, The Hunt of the Unicorn
Probably Flemish, about 1500
From the Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Cloisters Collection

When I lived near NYC, I used to spend entire days wandering around The Cloisters, hoping they'd forget about me at closing time so that I could live there for just one night. This was my favorite thing there.

I know that you are not talking to me, but since I've already ingratiated myself with the Moz community by posting Mr. Wimpy, I now follow with Bruegel the Elder's The Hunters in the Snow. ;)

huntersje6.jpg

well, since the moz community is reasonable (at least on occasion, and this can be considered one of them), we will just give this one the benefit of the doubt that troll(s) is/are the quarry...........

;-)

The Unicorn in Captivity
The seventh tapestry of the series, The Hunt of the Unicorn
Probably Flemish, about 1500
From the Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Cloisters Collection

When I lived near NYC, I used to spend entire days wandering around The Cloisters, hoping they'd forget about me at closing time so that I could live there for just one night. This was my favorite thing there.

this one is very striking... fantastic.

Melina Meixueiro

"My works represent moments, parts of life, introspectives, moments with oneself, but also memories, dreams... My sources of inspiration are different, but for the main part the human being is present: lonely stroller, dancing barefooted or wandering around city centres, he is the guardian of the memory, this memory which crosses the history and the writings. Men and women, who find themselves immersed in their thoughts, in their everyday worries, the bodies are distended in the space, absorbed in their states of mind. I use the words as graphic support, carrier of ideals or messages, of thoughts, this are visual elements, re-mountings which create an effect of material, of texture. Through my work I try to express these anxieties and thoughts about life, about the human nature, by nourishing myself with journeys, meetings, everyday life, wherever I am and wherever I will go, because I believe that beyond its origins and its culture, the human being travels through the adventure of existence."

La Rupture II
artmei3qf1.jpg

Bleu de mes rêves
artmei19jz2.jpg

Le Rêveur II
artmei18wg0.jpg

Partir
mei7im5.jpg

To celebrate people who celebrate love:

Jean-Honoré FRAGONARD

The Swing
Oil on canvas, 81 x 64 cm
Wallace Collection, London

07swing.jpg

The Stolen Kiss
1787-89
Oil on canvas
The Hermitage, St. Petersburg

11stolen.jpg

Crying Girl: Roy Lichtenstein
Crying_Girl_1.jpg

Caravaggio has always been great:

caravaggio_amor.jpg

SMariaMaddalena.jpg

Luke 1:26-38 The birth of Jesus is announced to Mary

Melchior Broederlam: The Dijon Altarpiece

17-4.jpg

Angelico: The Annunciation

advent-angelico-annunciation.jpg

Botticelli: The Annunciation

Cestello%20Annunciation%20Sandro%20Botticelli.jpg

Petrus Christus: the Annunciation

15_petrus_christus_annonciation__berlin_gemal.jpg

(part II)

Leonardo Da Vinci: Annunciation

Florence66.jpg

Henry Ossawa: Annunciation

Henry-Ossawa-Tanner-Annunciation-.jpg

Pieter Paul Rubens: Annunciation

rubens_annonciation.jpg

(yes, it's clear I'm fond of immaculate conception..)

(yes, it's clear I'm fond of immaculate conception..)
wolve, I just wanted to point out that the dogma of the 'Immaculate Conception' refers not to the mysteries of the Incarnation, but rather the notion of the Blessed Virgin Mary's being conceived without the taint of original sin.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07674d.htm

Now, one more time and Sr. Clippers (
nunpv8.gif
) will swat you with a ruler!
It has to be a ruler, I've confiscated all her paddles.

Tags
art no moz pix omg colorz wutizdat
Back
Top Bottom