The official best Beatles record ever

If this isn't their best, it's definitely one of them... but I mostly love this footage because it's such a priceless piece of social history. Not only is it the infamous 'Beatles on the roof of Apple' concert, but the outraged 'old guard' in their bowler hats, the un-PC PCs, the red phone boxes and Black Marias, the un-gentrified rag trade buildings and the gobsmacked ordinary folk of the swinging sixties are preserved for eternity. I just love the absolute chaos this caused, with the plods trying to work out how to stop it. And I'm always struck by how absolutely bloody freezing they all look.

Last edited:
If this isn't their best, it's definitely one of them... but I mostly love this footage because it's such a priceless piece of social history. Not only is it the infamous 'Beatles on the roof of Apple' concert, but the outraged 'old guard' in their bowler hats, the un-PC PCs, the red phone boxes and Black Marias, the un-gentrified rag trade buildings and the gobsmacked ordinary folk of the swinging sixties are preserved for eternity. I just love the absolute chaos this caused, with the plods trying to work out how to stop it. And I'm always struck by how absolutely bloody freezing they all look.

:thumbsup:

As bloody freezing as The Smiths at Salford Lads Club? It makes me laugh how they can do something as trivial as feeling cold in their most iconic photo shoot. Mind you, they were young skinny lads, and young lads feel the cold. It's their hormones.

As bloody freezing as The Smiths at Salford Lads Club? It makes me laugh how they can do something as trivial as feeling cold in their most iconic photo shoot. Mind you, they were young skinny lads, and young lads feel the cold. It's their hormones.
Yes, exactly that too! I always thought they looked freezing as well. I have always felt the cold myself, so perhaps I'm just over-empathising :D

Yes, exactly that too! I always thought they looked freezing as well. I have always felt the cold myself, so perhaps I'm just over-empathising :D
I think it was Mike or Marr who said how cold it was during the shoot. Johnny just wanted to get it over with and get indoors. He was trying to use the other Smiths as wind barriers. Mike commented on the fact that he (Mike) didn't like how he had a fag on the go in a lot of Smiths photos.

Back
Top Bottom