The Official "Is/Does Morrissey..." thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
No, I didn't say that. I said "I don't particularly believe a word Morrissey says". He has emitted several statements which seem to be more along the lines of how he wants reality to be rather than how it is, and the Joyce situation comes into that. Some money has exchanged hands, that's not the point. Morrissey has written his side of history and I don't necessarily buy it

This is not about re-writing history. This is looking at the information available when it comes to discussing who receives royalties. It's not about if Joyce deserves it, did he sign a contract, when he dies will his ears grow bigger yet or anything else open to interpretation.

However I can see myself entering one of these never-ending vortexes of yours where you squabble over semantics, providing you opportunity to backtrack over sentiment and implication.

"I don't particularly believe a word that Morrissey says" means that you think he is lying when it came to how much Joyce received in royalties. Merck provided additional information but it appears you think this too, is highly dubious. What gives you reason to think that Merck also is lying in this instance?

This is not about re-writing history. This is looking at the information available when it comes to discussing who receives royalties. It's not about if Joyce deserves it, did he sign a contract, when he dies will his ears grow bigger yet or anything else open to interpretation.

However I can see myself entering one of these never-ending vortexes of yours where you squabble over semantics, providing you opportunity to backtrack over sentiment and implication.

"I don't particularly believe a word that Morrissey says" means that you think he is lying when it came to how much Joyce received in royalties. Merck provided additional information but it appears you think this too, is highly dubious. What gives you reason to think that Merck also is lying in this instance?
I don't necessarily take Morrissey's account of how things happened to be gospel. I don't see any vortexes to be honest

That's my opinion.

I'm not sure who you are exactly, or why you spend so much time replying to my posts. You could ignore if you want to

I don't have enough information to comment one way or the other on this topic, but I think Morrizsey's point might be along the lines of the fact that Morrissey isn't known historically for telling the truth. He hides a lot.

I don't have enough information to comment one way or the other on this topic, but I think Morrizsey's point might be along the lines of the fact that Morrissey isn't known historically for telling the truth. He hides a lot.

"However I can see myself entering one of these never-ending vortexes of yours where you squabble over semantics, providing you opportunity to backtrack over sentiment and implication. "

Be careful the above doesn't happen. We might enter something before she goes to sleep....she's gone to sleep

That's my opinion.

I'm not sure who you are exactly, or why you spend so much time replying to my posts. You could ignore if you want to

This thread was started to answer common questions with available information.

Out of your last 100 posts, I have responded to four, five now. All have been in this thread. Hardly a constant stream of responses from me. I would say get over yourself but I realise this is just your m.o.

tornado-rips-apart-barn-o.gif

Last edited:
I don't necessarily take Morrissey's account of how things happened to be gospel.

Yeah, you keep saying that...all while ignoring that she stated people other than Morrissey have supported his version of the situation. You are intentionally or unintentionally ignoring half of the point.

That's my opinion.

Probably because she is trying to get through to you...something you keep resisting. The ignorance is almost painful to watch.

Yeah, you keep saying that...all while ignoring that she stated people other than Morrissey have supported his version of the situation. You are intentionally or unintentionally ignoring half of the point.

Probably because she is trying to get through to you...something you keep resisting. The ignorance is almost painful to watch.

You didn't have to use insulting terms in your post. The links don't change my opinion of Morrissey's statements because they don't provide evidence. Merck Mercuriadis made a statement which didn't prove anything, they were words which may well be true, but they were just words. Patrick Savage also made comments which were dismissed. That's it

You didn't have to use insulting terms in your post. The links don't change my opinion of Morrissey's statements because they don't provide evidence. Merck Mercuriadis made a statement which didn't prove anything, they were words which may well be true, but they were just words. Patrick Savage also made comments which were dismissed. That's it

the_rock_gif.gif

Unlike you, apparently, I have better shit to do...

Argue with your fiancé and not return to solo as it's a painful reminder of your courtship? :p

He's a moderator, wouldn't it follow he'd be called upon to be here every day? :squiffy:

Last edited:
Because it's always funny when little kids try to act like grown ups.

Do little kids generally edit their posts? Or throw an identity-crisis tantrum and just delete them? I always get confused on that one.

Back
Top Bottom