The official 'post whatever you want to' thread.

ROBERT

Usage: English, French, Scandinavian, German, Czech, Polish, Russian, Slovene, Romanian

Other Scripts: Роберт (Russian)

Pronounced: RAH-burt (English), ro-BER (French), RO-bert (German), RAW-bert (Polish), RO-byert (Russian) [key]
Means "bright fame", derived from the Germanic elements hrod "fame" and beraht "bright". The Normans introduced this name to Britain. It belonged to three kings of Scotland, including Robert the Bruce who restored the independence of Scotland from England in the 14th century. The author Robert Browning and poets Robert Burns and Robert Frost are famous literary bearers of this name. Also, Robert E. Lee was the commander of the Confederate army during the American Civil War.

No, we don't have anything that means exactly the same thing, so it would have to be Robert again! Sorry! There are names that mean 'bright' and 'fame', but I haven't heard them combined!

Fishy, the same site said my name means 'YAHWEH is gracious', is that right??? :p

I'm so lonely, so lonely. I may write a poem about it. The Edinburgh metal scene rejected me, artic monkey forum shunned me, shitty small living space, crap jobs, sexist men...NOW THIS!

if this gets reported the black and white mugshot will be posted I promise

@ chica: It's close (it means God has graced, and please don't print the holy name, thanks ;) ). I wasn't talking about the meaning, I was talking about how it sounds :p .

thx for the 411
gracious
Robert E. Lee was kind of a bad guy, right? :o
I'm so lonely, so lonely. I may write a poem about it. The Edingburgh metal scene rejected me, artic monkey forum shunned me, shitty small living space, crap jobs, sexist men...NOW THIS!
Who are you? Come on, tell us, I can't guess + I didn't read the veggie thread :p

Fishy - how does it sound? Please??? :)

Robert E. Lee was kind of a bad guy, right? :o

Who are you? Come on, tell us, I can't guess + I didn't read the veggie thread :p

Fishy - how does it sound? Please??? :)

I used to be called joroberts17 around these parts.

brb - got to go for a quick "solo" one ;)

Yochanana :D (ch similar to the Scottish, like in "loch") . The male version, Yochanan, is sometimes used, but the female version really isn't :p .

I'm so lonely, so lonely. I may write a poem about it. The Edinburgh metal scene rejected me, artic monkey forum shunned me, shitty small living space, crap jobs, sexist men...NOW THIS!

if this gets reported the black and white mugshot will be posted I promise

awww... darling, would you like to cuddle, for a bit? :)

Mel Gibson's off his rocker (yes, not news, I know).
How extremely bizarre (the Waldo one)! I haven't heard about this film, it looks scary. But the title reminded me of this song, Apokalipso - I love it! Here's the recording from Exit festival:

P.S. The violinist is amazing! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Noip has best emoticons, she even has baseball ones!

Too bad this thread is crooked, I love it

yeah thanks, and here is one specially for chica:
running_bunny.gif

oh, and another for chica (for other times... )
whipping.gif

and bonus for chica
taart.gif

and specially for robby:
camper.gif

(i might have other special ones for robby too)

Back
Top Bottom