The Official "Twin Peaks" thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

twin-peaks-blu-ray-the-entire-mystery-290x290.jpg

There’s a new Twin Peaks box set coming out July 29, and it includes nearly 90 minutes of never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes from the prequel film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

This is the footage that fans created a Facebook petition for back in 2011, and now they’ll get their wish, thanks to a box set that was personally supervised by Twin Peaks mastermind David Lynch.

“During the last days in the life of Laura Palmer many things happened, which have never been seen before,” Lynch said in a statement. “They’re here now alongside the new transfer of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me and Twin Peaks, the television series.”

The eccentric mystery series ran on ABC for only two seasons starting in 1990, followed by the 1992 prequel film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, but it has gained a rabid cult following in the decades since. While the “complete series” has been released on DVD in the past, a box set has never included the prequel film.

Twin Peaks – The Entire Mystery arrives July 29 on Blu-ray.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/15/twin-peaks-blu-ray-box-set/

Last edited by a moderator:
twin-peaks-blu-ray-the-entire-mystery-290x290.jpg

There’s a new Twin Peaks box set coming out July 29, and it includes nearly 90 minutes of never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes from the prequel film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

This is the footage that fans created a Facebook petition for back in 2011, and now they’ll get their wish, thanks to a box set that was personally supervised by Twin Peaks mastermind David Lynch.

“During the last days in the life of Laura Palmer many things happened, which have never been seen before,” Lynch said in a statement. “They’re here now alongside the new transfer of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me and Twin Peaks, the television series.”

The eccentric mystery series ran on ABC for only two seasons starting in 1990, followed by the 1992 prequel film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, but it has gained a rabid cult following in the decades since. While the “complete series” has been released on DVD in the past, a box set has never included the prequel film.

Twin Peaks – The Entire Mystery arrives July 29 on Blu-ray.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/15/twin-peaks-blu-ray-box-set/

I never watched this show but my friend Ron was a big fan. I may buy this box set. The only show I watch on a routine basis is "Ghost Adventures." If it's not too pricey, I might buy it. At least it would keep me from posting on here so damn much.

I just watched the trailer. I don't even know what to say.

How about you tell me how you feel about Istanbul...Lol.

Meh. It's alright. The World Peace song blew me away the first night I heard it, just because it's so much better productionwise than the last album. Now I don't know; it wore off pretty quick. Istanbul still hasn't grabbed me. I don't like the bass sound; all sharp and 90sish. Kind of fake sounding, and the lyrics are a tad overdramatic, even for Morrissey. It's OK. Nothing amazing. Still better than two thirds of YOR...

Meh. It's alright. The World Peace song blew me away the first night I heard it, just because it's so much better productionwise than the last album. Now I don't know; it wore off pretty quick. Istanbul still hasn't grabbed me. I don't like the bass sound; all sharp and 90sish. Kind of fake sounding, and the lyrics are a tad overdramatic, even for Morrissey. It's OK. Nothing amazing. Still better than two thirds of YOR...

Twin-Peaks-GIF-6.gif

Gorgeous set.
tumblr_n5mrjaIkGh1tbdlvvo1_1280.jpg

I wonder how definite the deleted scenes will make it that Cooper is trapped for good?

Gorgeous set.
tumblr_n5mrjaIkGh1tbdlvvo1_1280.jpg

I wonder how definite the deleted scenes will make it that Cooper is trapped for good?

I'm very interested in seeing this as well. I think not enough is known about BOB's history; but we've only seen him inhabit Leland and then he only left at the point of death so it's hard to say whether Cooper's fate was sealed or not. But Mike could arbitrarily be Gerard, and even Leland was, presumably at some point early on, able to be regular Leland inbetween BOB manifestations so maybe Cooper's BOB wasn't also set in stone?

And there's that weird snippet in the trailer when he asks the Little Man how to escape. And Annie made it out, and Garland made it out of the White Lodge, and Jeffries reappeared (albeit briefly) so clearly it IS possible to get out.

Eugene Mirman (comedian and annoying voice of Gene in Bob's Burgers) was at the Twin Peaks Cafe today, he's doing a tour up there.

10385394_10152259917266219_839089552943860797_n.jpg

"So cool that the Twin Peaks diner sells over-the-counter birth control pills!!"

If you have facebook or instagram a couple of people are commenting on experiences in the same cafe which I take it is odd and full of inside jokes.

10343680_10152259996316219_7239057837632751420_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very interested in seeing this as well. I think not enough is known about BOB's history; but we've only seen him inhabit Leland and then he only left at the point of death so it's hard to say whether Cooper's fate was sealed or not. But Mike could arbitrarily be Gerard, and even Leland was, presumably at some point early on, able to be regular Leland inbetween BOB manifestations so maybe Cooper's BOB wasn't also set in stone?

And there's that weird snippet in the trailer when he asks the Little Man how to escape. And Annie made it out, and Garland made it out of the White Lodge, and Jeffries reappeared (albeit briefly) so clearly it IS possible to get out.

This is how I saw it:

Briggs made it out because he had perfect courage.
Annie made it out because, from the look of it, Earle f***ed her up and she was unconscious so she never had to truly face anything in the Lodge.
Leland never entered the Black Lodge. He was simply possessed. Soul intact. He could be both Leland and BOB because he was both Leland and BOB.
Cooper's soul however was "utterly annihilated" because of imperfect courage. I see it as he is solely BOB now and his soul is still trapped in the Black Lodge...I would assume the only way to get BOB out would be either death, some kind of exorcism, or getting BOB to enter the Black Lodge again.

I have no idea about Jeffries because his appearance seems to contradict the very rules of the Black Lodge that the show laid out.

This is how I saw it:

Briggs made it out because he had perfect courage.
Annie made it out because, from the look of it, Earle f***ed her up and she was unconscious so she never had to truly face anything in the Lodge.
Leland never entered the Black Lodge. He was simply possessed. Soul intact. He could be both Leland and BOB because he was both Leland and BOB.
Cooper's soul however was "utterly annihilated" because of imperfect courage. I see it as he is solely BOB now and his soul is still trapped in the Black Lodge...I would assume the only way to get BOB out would be either death, some kind of exorcism, or getting BOB to enter the Black Lodge again.

I have no idea about Jeffries because his appearance seems to contradict the very rules of the Black Lodge that the show laid out.

Jeffries went to the convenience store though, not the Lodge. So maybe there's that. I've started reading the original script, but it's massive. I found it online and it's legit; I've already read several scenes that are in the bluray trailer.

I like your theory about Annie but I still want to know how she physically made it out, if she was unconscious.

I am seriously going to stick my dick in this box set when it arrives...

:lbf:

I've not seen this ever, I don't know why, it looks right up my street. Weird backwater American towns with weird, narrow minded residents.

It's really dark. I remember when it was on television, someone advised me not to watch it and I didn't. I saw the movie though and it sort of tripped me out. So I bought the soundtrack. THen I bought the soundtrack to the show without having seen it. I know the music very well but have never seen the show. I should watch that too. Silverado Canyon literally shut down and EVERYONE watched it and talked about it the following week, it was sort of a huge event, people had parties every week and gathered around the television, even the Bible Study was cut short at the postmaster's house so they could watch Twin Peaks. My dad didn't watch it, he doesn't care for supernatural stories. We were probaly watching Fraiser and Coach while everyone else was watching Twin Peaks.

:lbf:

I've not seen this ever, I don't know why, it looks right up my street. Weird backwater American towns with weird, narrow minded residents.

It's an amazing show, but don't get too hung up on preconceived notions..."backwater" and "narrow minded" are not terms that apply to the show or to the fictional town/residents that inhabit it. American and weird, though...yes.

It's an amazing show, but don't get too hung up on preconceived notions..."backwater" and "narrow minded" are not terms that apply to the show or to the fictional town/residents that inhabit it. American and weird, though...yes.

Sounds like a t-shirt that would be available in XXXL at Hot Topic...

Back
Top Bottom