The Official "Twin Peaks" thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Fury Road is amazing, yes! Absolutely loved it! I like Tom Hardy, but honestly, this was the Mad Max film Mel deserved and I can't help but feel the film suffered from his absence. Hardy played Max almost like a mumbling, socially awkward teen as opposed to someone who has just lost their humanity after all they've been through

Yeah my son and I talked about that. It didn't bother us too much but it did come off a little contrived. The only part where we really laughed at it (not sure if you'll recall this little part) was when Furiosa was dying and he is giving her his blood and holding her and he finally tells her his name; he's like, "My name's Max! Mm-hmm, yes it is,"...I don't know. It was just silly the way he said it, and with the overdub. Other than that, no worries.

There were a couple parts I didn't care for...just little nags...mostly the hallucinations of Max's child that for some reason now they've turned into a daughter?

100 percent agree. At the beginning when the hallucination/flashback effects first happened I was like "f***, please don't let this be some American Horror Story/Korn video interpretation of Mad Max." But thankfully it wasn't. Still an unnecessary contrivance but they kept it to a minimum and it was done somewhat tastefully. So it's a small price to pay for the f***ing two hours of kick ass that surrounded it.

Yeah my son and I talked about that. It didn't bother us too much but it did come off a little contrived. The only part where we really laughed at it (not sure if you'll recall this little part) was when Furiosa was dying and he is giving her his blood and holding her and he finally tells her his name; he's like, "My name's Max! Mm-hmm, yes it is,"...I don't know. It was just silly the way he said it, and with the overdub. Other than that, no worries.

Yeah, I felt like in places he was doing Bronson all over again...which just isn't appropriate for a character like Max. It didn't help though that according to Hardy, they shot the film without a script.

100 percent agree. At the beginning when the hallucination/flashback effects first happened I was like "f***, please don't let this be some American Horror Story/Korn video interpretation of Mad Max." But thankfully it wasn't. Still an unnecessary contrivance but they kept it to a minimum and it was done somewhat tastefully. So it's a small price to pay for the f***ing two hours of kick ass that surrounded it.

Yeah, I cringed at the beginning and thought "oh great, here we go with more Beyond Thunderdome crap"...I was pleasantly surprised when they quickly did away with that and just got on with the almost non-stop chase.

I don't quite understand everyone's complaints about Max being a side character in his own movie...I didn't get that feeling at all.

My fav TV programme as an impressionable teenager. Tried to get 'er indoors to watch it but she's been brought up n British soap operas and The Sopranos.

Mad Max film is bonkers btw. Feckin' awesome

Production has started.

run-silent-run-drapes-nadine-hurley-shop-785x975.jpg

DoubleRDiner_3.JPG

Back
Top Bottom