The official 'Where's my f***ing post?' thread

Emotional Guide Dog

Chairman Of The Bored
Strike starts tomorrow, it's a good job I've got nothing for sale on eBay.

This is true by the way: my employers are launching a new mail order website (all orders to be delivered by Royal Mail) & the site launches TOMORROW.

Genius

Last edited:
Up the workers....!!:thumb:

Cheers Hellie.

I hope that the public realise that the Postmen and women across the U.K. taking strike action today is in the public's interest.
10 years ago, Royal Mail was the pride of Britain - now it is a shambles. We have lost the 2nd Delivery, 25,000 Post Offices, 60,000 Staff, and a lot of the mail arrives in the middle of the afternoon.
Management will tell you that there is a 10% year on year drop off in the mail volumes, so the 'business' has to adapt. Firstly, this is bullshit. There may be a 10% drop off in personal mail being sent every year, but Royal Mail compensates for this downturn by delivering millions of other letters and leaflets (crap) through your door. Royal Mail made a £321 million profit last year, it's first profit in 20 years. Secondly, Royal Mail should not be run as a business anyway. Royal Mail should always be run as a public service - subsidised in full by government... with profits put back into the service.
We currently have hard-nosed busnessmen running the affairs of Royal Mail, who choose to pay themselves millions in bonus payments every year - all this while we apparently are going through a national crisis.
The Postmen and women have no agenda here, and we do not want more money...and are losing money each day due to making a stand.
Things need to change.
The public need to realise that if things continue as they are at the moment, they will be no deliveries at all in 5 years' time - they will be picking their mail up themselves each day from a depot in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
How easy would it be to set up an alternative postal service by the time the strike kicks in? There's surely money to be made here.

The right to strike is fundamental.So good on them.

The right to strike is fundamental.So good on them.

Why is that true? Why is it whenever some privatisation hating union decides they've been wronged, it's always the ordinary person on the street that gets kicked in the testicles/fanny?

It seems as the years go on, the right to strike has less & less to do with defending workers rights & more & more to do with taking the piss out of people because you can.

Cheers Hellie.

I hope that the public realise that the Postmen and women across the U.K. taking strike action today is in the public's interest.
10 years ago, Royal Mail was the pride of Britain - now it is a shambles. We have lost the 2nd Delivery, 25,000 Post Offices, 60,000 Staff, and a lot of the mail arrives in the middle of the afternoon.
Management will tell you that there is a 10% year on year drop off in the mail volumes, so the 'business' has to adapt. Firstly, this is bullshit. There may be a 10% drop off in personal mail being sent every year, but Royal Mail compensates for this downturn by delivering millions of other letters and leaflets (crap) through your door. Royal Mail made a £321 million profit last year, it's first profit in 20 years. Secondly, Royal Mail should not be run as a business anyway. Royal Mail should always be run as a public service - subsidised in full by government... with profits put back into the service.
We currently have hard-nosed busnessmen running the affairs of Royal Mail, who choose to pay themselves millions in bonus payments every year - all this while we apparently are going through a national crisis.
The Postmen and women have no agenda here, and we do not want more money...and are losing money each day due to making a stand.
Things need to change.
The public need to realise that if things continue as they are at the moment, they will be no deliveries at all in 5 years' time - they will be picking their mail up themselves each day from a depot in the middle of nowhere.

Excellently put, and yes I do work as a postie and have for 24 years and never known it so bad.............. belive me I have stuff in the post but sometimes you have to wait for things in life, Part of "THE PLAN" is that towns will have 1 delivery per day about 15.00 hrs and 16.00 hrs in the country HOW THE F*** is that a service ???????????????:crazy:

Part of "THE PLAN" is that towns will have 1 delivery per day about 15.00 hrs and 16.00 hrs in the country HOW THE F*** is that a service ???????????????:crazy:

That's a good plan actually. Because if the plan is for post to be delivered in the afternoon it might actually turn up early the following morning.

Back
Top Bottom