The Origin Of Morrissey Dissent

His motives are what they are. I'm either right or wrong. At least it's logical.
He definitely hasn't been doing it all for money because he could have made so much more if that was the goal. He'd have done that reunion he discussed with Marr for one thing. As for the beliefs you and Karen hold, they're immune to logical tests as they seem to be the result of chance and improvisation.

His motives are what they are. I'm either right or wrong. At least it's logical.”

lol. Your opinion.

He definitely hasn't been doing it all for money because he could have made so much more if that was the goal. He'd have done that reunion he discussed with Marr for one thing.”

As far as most can see, that seems to be true. So, I agree.

As for the beliefs you and Karen hold, they're immune to logical tests as they seem to be the result of chance and improvisation.”

Lol. Yes, and I consult the I Ching for all of my posts. You do have some funny opinions.

You're projecting pal. Being against mass immigration is a reasonable, logical position
Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you. At last somebody has said it.👍

It’s not racist, it’s just common sense. We’re only a small island, how many people can we take in???

You wouldn’t invite the whole street to come & live in your house, would you?

But try telling that to Gary Lineker.

His motives are what they are. I'm either right or wrong. At least it's logical.”

lol. Your opinion.

He definitely hasn't been doing it all for money because he could have made so much more if that was the goal. He'd have done that reunion he discussed with Marr for one thing.”

As far as most can see, that seems to be true. So, I agree.

As for the beliefs you and Karen hold, they're immune to logical tests as they seem to be the result of chance and improvisation.”

Lol. Yes, and I consult the I Ching for all of my posts. You do have some funny opinions.
Of course they're opinions but they're either true or false. I don't claim to "know" because I can "hear it in his voice," for example. I might be wrong but of the four of us I'm the only one willing to say that.

Of course they're opinions but they're either true or false. I don't claim to "know" because I can "hear it in his voice," for example. I might be wrong but of the four of us I'm the only one willing to say that.

I trust my feelings. :rock:

I’ve started posts with ‘I may be wrong...’ then gave my opinion. Try not to be so sensitive and don’t take others views so personally.

There’s gotta be more important things in your life to concern yourself with, well, I hope so.

:tiphat:

Trolling for attention fake c ?

Anyway you do a very good job of explaining why you think Morrissey does what he does in your post above, even if it may not be true for all and is only your opinion.

:tiphat:

Fake C doing his usual explaining backed up with nothing?

He wouldn't know logic if it bit him on the arse.

You're projecting pal. Being against mass immigration is a reasonable, logical position
Indeed it is, pal - I even share that view myself. The view I don't share is the wholehearted endorsement of a far-right political party who will slash taxes for the richest people in society (including multi-millionaire pop stars), deny the existence of a climate crisis, and spend billions more on the military. If you can show an example of anything in The Smiths and M's back catalogue that supports these policies, please do. There isn't - it's total anathema to almost everything they/he ever stood for hence the mass exodus of fans on a scale hardly ever seen before in popular music.

I might have been mistaken, but for me it seemed the OP asked what are reasons behind their "dissent". And not trying ro convince each other about our "truth". You asked, we listed our reasons (for which many -Breivik comment, Paris single fiasco etc nobody could bring up any excuse). Also can't see Fake C would "hate" Morrissey, and neither do I. So might as well everyone could move on.

I might have been mistaken, but for me it seemed the OP asked what are reasons behind their "dissent". And not trying ro convince each other about our "truth". You asked, we listed our reasons (for which many -Breivik comment, Paris single fiasco etc nobody could bring up any excuse). Also can't see Fake C would "hate" Morrissey, and neither do I. So might as well everyone could move on.

The Brevik comment was part of Animal Liberation theory. You might not like it, but it's a whole philosophy that animal life is equal to human.

Paris thing, is one of those discussions that shouldn't have gone public. Releases are always considered around events.

The Brevik comment was part of Animal Liberation theory. You might not like it, but it's a whole philosophy that animal life is equal to human.

Paris thing, is one of those discussions that shouldn't have gone public. Releases are always considered around events.
I'm experiencing déjà vu with this thread. 🥱

Apologies if they haven't, I was just commenting on what seemed to be the same old, same old...

It's always the same old, same old.

You have to be tough on Morrissey, tough on the causes of Morrissey.

Aha. So if I love animals I can tell Morrissey "its very sad what happened to your mother. But it's nothing compared to...", can't I?

Anyway - I'm sad to see the length some go to defend the inexcusable. Be it anybody. Whatever. Like I wrote, no-one will convince the other, so might as well move on.

Aha. So if I love animals I can tell Morrissey "its very sad what happened to your mother. But it's nothing compared to...", can't I?

Anyway - I'm sad to see the length some go to defend the inexcusable. Be it anybody. Whatever. Like I wrote, no-one will convince the other, so might as well move on.
The sycophants can roll their eyes all they like, but this is absolutely right. For Christ's sake, Morrissey stormed offstage in a fit when someone held up a "JOYCE 1 - MOZ 0" sign at a concert in the late-90s, but he's comfortable telling the parents of recently murdered children that it's nothing compared to KFC. He can dish it out, but he can't take it.

That wasn't what he said - he was saying that those deaths were awful & we should ALSO consider the deaths of animals awful because they ALSO feel pain & terror.

There would be no point trying to convince people to care about a cow if they didn't care about their own mother.

That wasn't what he said - he was saying that those deaths were awful & we should ALSO consider the deaths of animals awful because they ALSO feel pain & terror.

There would be no point trying to convince people to care about a cow if they didn't care about their own mother.
That isn't what he said. The quote was: "We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day."

You can split hairs all you want, but when every f***ing thing out of someone's mouth has to be massaged by a PR agent to make it palatable, then perhaps the issue isn't with the public's perceptive abilities.

The sycophants can roll their eyes all they like, but this is absolutely right. For Christ's sake, Morrissey stormed offstage in a fit when someone held up a "JOYCE 1 - MOZ 0" sign at a concert in the late-90s, but he's comfortable telling the parents of recently murdered children that it's nothing compared to KFC. He can dish it out, but he can't take it.

Verso he didn't say that. He was trying to make the concert goers think about animals in the way they think about people. He didn't say to a parent your child matters less than a chicken.

Back
Top Bottom