The Perfect Morrissey Song

starless

★★★★★
I just want to state that _I Know Very Well How I Got My Name_ is probably the perfect Morrissey song. Short, simple and sweet.

People like the _Dear God Please Help Me_ melody, but dislike the lyrics, some can't stand the _Speedway_ intro or the solos in _Southpaw Grammar_.

But how can you not love everything about the gem that is _I Know Very Well How I Got My Name_.

Last edited:
I might be inclined to concur...
Everytime when I get home, it's the first thing I strum when I sit on the stairs and pick up my little Spanish guitar!

It's so effortlessly perfect...

I posted this awhile back... After listening to this tune, I would really love to hear Morrissey perform an acoustic album. I know the concept is somewhat "played;" however his voice and lyrics would be perfect for a lovely acoustic album.

That's so funny you say that about playing acoustic. A while back, I was thinking about the release of the Greatest Hits album. It would have been great if Morrissey had released it but all the tracks be acoustic. I think it would sell even more copies. Some people won't buy it cause they already have the tracks that are on it with the exception of the 2 new songs which can be downloaded.

I just want to state that _I Know Very Well How I Got My Name_ is probably the perfect Morrissey song. Short, simple and sweet.

People like the _Dear God Please Help Me_ melody, but dislike the lyrics, some can't stand the _Speedway_ intro or the solos in _Southpaw Grammar_.

But how can you not love everything about the jewel that is _I Know Very Well How I Got My Name_.

Especially the classical guitar version which is even more beutiful than the single commercial release.

The never played symphonies

Good one, di! I love how he sez symph...phonies

Might I add a few that come to mind...Skin Storm, My Life is a Succession of People Saying Goodbye and The Public Image :)

I've always loved the melody of Hairdresser on Fire. Pretty close to perfect all 'round.

I Know Very Well How I Got My Name is very perfect, I am glad others think so also. :D It isn't my favourite Morrissey song or anything but there's nothing not great about it, yknowzz.

other ones..Everyday Is Like Sunday, Suedehead, Trouble Loves Me, Hairdresser On Fire, and Speedway ..and there could be other ones that I am not remembering at the moment. :p

Last edited:
That's so funny you say that about playing acoustic. A while back, I was thinking about the release of the Greatest Hits album. It would have been great if Morrissey had released it but all the tracks be acoustic. I think it would sell even more copies. Some people won't buy it cause they already have the tracks that are on it with the exception of the 2 new songs which can be downloaded.

The Cure did this with their Greatest Hits album (the 2 disc version). The first disc features the regular songs and the "bonus" disc features all the exact same songs on disc one, except they were redone acoustically. Fabulous! I would have been happy to just buy the "bonus" disc (the first disc is practically a throwaway)! In the future if Morrissey decides to release yet another compilation album, I hope he considers going this route to satisfy the people who already own all his albums!

Can't choose between life is a pigsty and let mekiss you..strange but perfect to me..

I posted this awhile back... After listening to this tune, I would really love to hear Morrissey perform an acoustic album. I know the concept is somewhat "played;" however his voice and lyrics would be perfect for a lovely acoustic album.

I think a Morrissey acoustic album would/could break alot of people

Back
Top Bottom