The principles of Morrissey (or, what a f***ing sell out)

Theo

So let me get this straight.

Just a couple years back Morrissey was posting scuzzy, deranged rants on the True-To-You web site praising Animal Rights Militia actions. Animal Rights Militia actions are, by definition, actions that take no precautions for the safety of others. This includes, for example, terrorist acts such as mailing nail bombs to the family residences of scientists who are working on treatments for diseases such as AIDS and cancer.

But, when Morrissey has gone some years without a release worth speaking of, he decides to sell one of his old songs for use in a commercial for the John Lewis department store.

Tell us, Morrissey. Should I pop in to a John Lewis and enjoy their full Scottish breakfast?
Includes: bacon, sausage, beans, scrambled egg, potatoes, tomato, black pudding, scone, and toast. £5.25.
Served: Monday to Friday 9.30 - 11.30, and Saturday 9.00 - 11.30

Before purchasing a sheepskin trim jacket?

For a stylish, autumnal leather piece, opt for the 1971 Reiss Tropez jacket, with seasonal sheepskin features at the collar and cuffs, a fitted style and diagonal front zip.

Sure to be your go to for off-duty layeirng over your new knits and jersey basics.

Material: 100% lambskin.

Or perhaps a fancy leather car coat?

Made in soft leather, the John Lewis Men Car coat will remain stylish season after season. To create a rugged, outdoors look, keep to warm, earthy colours like this and add dark coloured trousers.

Then we can chill on my new couch.

Traditionally-styled, leather-covered quality grand sofa for an elegant drawing room look. With a hardwood frame and fully coil-sprung seat for comfort. The back cushion is filled with feather and the antique finish solid beech turned feet are on brass castors. Exclusive to John Lewis.
Feather filled back and scatter cushions (2x 60 x 60cm and 2x 45 x 45cm) are included.

Well, I dunno. Perhaps Morrissey's been living beyond his means and he has no choice but to sell out.

I recall when Morrissey scolded Mike Joyce for "living beyond his means" when Joyce just wanted Morrissey to pay him what Morrissey owed him. Morrissey's been crying about that for years.

I just hope that if Morrissey ever gets a disease like cancer he rejects any treatments developed by scientists he encouraged people to send mail bombs to.

Hey, Morrissey. Are you gonna throw another drama scene the next time you perform at a festival where you might smell meat being cooked? How come you sat on the patio of The Cat & Fiddle in California day after day when THEY were cooking meat?

LOL!

Last edited:
Oh, hey, if you're a scientist working on a treatment for AIDS, Morrissey says it's cool if some nutcase mails a nail bomb to your home and it blows up in the face of your child.

I support the efforts of the Animal Rights Militia in England and I understand why fur-farmers and so-called laboratory scientists are repaid with violence - it is because they deal in violence themselves and it's the only language they understand - the same principals that apply to war. You reach a point where you cannot reason with people. This is why the Animal Rights Militia and the Hunt Saboteurs exist. They are usually very intelligent people who are forced to act because the law is shameful or amoral. -- Morrissey

But if Morrissey is living beyond his means and hasn't had a hit in awhile, it's groovy if he sells one of his songs to the John Lewis department store! Because it's VERY IMPORTANT that Morrissey be able to afford his GUCCI fashion wear.

Last edited:
f*** morrissey solo!!!!!!

Someone should create a real site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a couple years back Morrissey was posting scuzzy, deranged rants on the True-To-You web site praising Animal Rights Militia actions. Animal Rights Militia actions are, by definition, actions that take no precautions for the safety of others. This includes, for example, terrorist acts such as mailing nail bombs to the family residences of scientists who are working on treatments for diseases such as AIDS and cancer.

The irony is laughably obvious. Wind your neck in.

The irony is laughably obvious. Wind your neck in.

Why are you posting on this site? If you ain't up on things, Boz Boorer had HAD IT with people exercising their freedom of speech and had Morrissey and the band where t-shirts saying f*** MORRISSSEY-SOLO.COM. You see, they prefer the TRUE TO YOU style of web site.

What do you have to say about the pop singer who posted his admiration for TERRORIST-STYLE VIOLENCE against "so-called scientists" because he feels we've reached the point where reasoning with people does no good and VIOLENCE is the only language they understand? Morrissey was pretty HARDCORE, INTOLERANT, PRO-VIOLENCE, PRO-TERRORISM on that True-To-You rant, wasn't he?

Nothing to say about that, eh?

And you'd think that a pop singer who said ALL THAT would be very careful about what HE does, no?

Yet when the Animal Rights Milita loving pop singer wants some MONEY, he sells his song to a company that kills animals.

Wow!

LOL!

tumblr_lupjy4qQQo1qbsjqno1_r1_500.gif

Theo,

You bring out the most radical example of their doings (which, by the way, I've read somewhere a long time ago already?), leaving the expression that this is what this group of people were actually doing, trying to stop the developement of important drugs? I am not fully inormed, but hasn't the main problem always been unnecessary suffering, for the cosmetic industry etc?
And as a sidenote, after decades of brutal animal exeriments, where are the cures for aids and cancer? And what would one achieve by boycotting every place that has got something to do with meat? The fact that he got the wide attention on the meat eating issue (whether good or bad, an other topic) doesn't mean that he can't ever dine in a proper restaurant again.. Or.

But, when Morrissey has gone some years without a release worth speaking of, he decides to sell one of his old songs for use in a commercial for the John Lewis department store.

Tell us, Morrissey. Should I pop in to a John Lewis and enjoy their full Scottish breakfast?

Before purchasing a sheepskin trim jacket?

Or perhaps a fancy leather car coat?

Then we can chill on my new couch.

Well, I dunno. Perhaps Morrissey's been living beyond his means and he has no choice but to sell out.

I recall when Morrissey scolded Mike Joyce for "living beyond his means" when Joyce just wanted Morrissey to pay him what Morrissey owed him. Morrissey's been crying about that for years.

I just hope that if Morrissey ever gets a disease like cancer he rejects any treatments developed by scientists he encouraged people to send mail bombs to.

Hey, Morrissey. Are you gonna throw another drama scene the next time you perform at a festival where you might smell meat being cooked? How come you sat on the patio of The Cat & Fiddle in California day after day when THEY were cooking meat?

LOL!

get%20a%20life-1.jpg

If you like records by (random bands) the Kooks or Travis or The Strokes or anyone, you like the records & don't give a shit what they say off the record, why should you? Their opinions are the same as yours - worthless.

I don't understand why people hang on Morrissey's every word like he's the oracle when more often than not, away from the music he's a tosser.

And for about the fiftieth time (on various media) permission to use this cover version on the advert was not Morrissey's to give. Warners own the rights, John Lewis approached Morrissey as a courtesy & if he'd said no they'd have used it anyway.

Right...because as we all know, anyone that speaks out against Morrissey here is a loser with no life. After all, the common logic is that since this is a Morrissey fansite, all discussion of Morrissey should be positive. Any "anti-Morrissey" sentiments must, by their very existence, be borne of insane, loser trolls who are pushed through life by the desire to wind up the decent, good people of Solo, and their absurd opinions and statements could not ever possibly be actual valid thoughts worth considering.

Then at the very least he'd -sorry, He'd- have wasted no time in clarifying his views on the subject/role in the situation on True To You...you know, the way he always does whenever a new Smiths comp comes out that he had no role in putting together, or whenever anything happens that he feels he needs to impart his feelings on to the poor plebeian masses, like the death of a writer he liked or something else equally Earth-shatteringly important, lest we have our own opinions and thoughts on things. God forbid we miss the memo'd mandates on how to think, what to do, what not to buy, what not to eat, and which musical groups are important.

there%2527s+a+whole+world+out+there.jpg

The point isn't not being able to tolerate any criticism of Morrissey. The point is, for me anyway, that Theo periodically posts this kind of over-punctuated, hysterical rant about anything and everything (although mostly Morrissey and Obama)- presumably for attention. It's tiresome, that's all.

Last edited:
I don't see his post here as "hysterical." Show me the hysterical part. I see something written with articulation and a patient didacticism. As this is a public forum, anyone who posts anything here with any kind of regularity is looking for attention. Most people here are looking for attention...that's why they join. What exactly is the crime in looking for attention? People have thoughts and opinions that they sometimes want to share and bounce off others. Big deal.

Are you saying he only does it for attention? That is an opinion of yours; you can't prove it. More realistically, you most likely disagree with his views but, in lieu of being able to debate him head-on as tenaciously as you'd like to, you just sweep it all under the carpet of hyperbolic attention seeking, and laugh him off.

That's lazy of you to do, and unfair to Theo. I've only seen a few of his posts, and yes, I get that he's very anti Obama...I don't involved in that shit, it bores me, so I don't care, but I definitely don't see him as hysterical or ranting in this particular post. Strong views, spoken clearly, that are contrary to any given majority consensus (the one here being that Morrissey is some kind of ethically infallible Godhead as opposed to simply a very good pop artist) often polarize people who'd much rather not confront certain ideas in those views. I'm not saying that's the case with you, but it sounds like it could be.

arguing-on-the-internet-bra-on-teats-on-bull-demotivational-poster-1281570485.jpg

I don't see his post here as "hysterical." Show me the hysterical part.

Well...

LOL!

f*** morrissey solo!!!!!!

Someone should create a real site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you'd think that a pop singer who said ALL THAT would be very careful about what HE does, no?

Yet when the Animal Rights Milita loving pop singer wants some MONEY, he sells his song to a company that kills animals.

Wow!

LOL!

I dunno, just to me, all that hyperbole and capitalisation smacks of overreaction and hysteria.

As this is a public forum, anyone who posts anything here with any kind of regularity is looking for attention. Most people here are looking for attention...that's why they join What exactly is the crime in looking for attention? People have thoughts and opinions that they sometimes want to share and bounce off others. Big deal.

Of course. It just sometimes seems to me that he posts threads purely to get a strong reaction. Which yes, I realise I am giving him.

Are you saying he only does it for attention? That is an opinion of yours; you can't prove it.

Of course not; and I wouldn't want to try either. The one thing I despise in debates or argument is people trying to pass off their opinion as absolute fact, so I try my best to make it clear that I don't do that.

More realistically, you most likely disagree with his views but, in lieu of being able to debate him head-on as tenaciously as you'd like to, you just sweep it all under the carpet of hyperbolic attention seeking, and laugh him off.

Actually, I can understand in some ways what he's trying to convey. There are definitely issues with Morrissey's sweeping statements about the ARM, and I don't defend them at all.

It's not that I can't debate him or the issues he raises, more that I don't really want to- not here, in any case. It seems that recently on this site, anyone who's not 100% opposed to everything Morrissey does (or, more to the point, has issues with criticising him constantly) is labelled a sycophant and is quietly sniggered at, so what's the point?

Strong views, spoken clearly, that are contrary to any given majority consensus (the one here being that Morrissey is some kind of ethically infallible Godhead as opposed to simply a very good pop artist) often polarize people who'd much rather not confront certain ideas in those views. I'm not saying that's the case with you, but it sounds like it could be.

Trust me, it's really not.

Strong views, spoken clearly, that are contrary to any given majority consensus (the one here being that Morrissey is some kind of ethically infallible Godhead as opposed to simply a very good pop artist) often polarize people who'd much rather not confront certain ideas in those views. I'm not saying that's the case with you, but it sounds like it could be.

I find this interesting. Is it the majority? My understanding is that the AYNIM was set up because there was too much negativity/honesty (take your pick, depending on your view) spoken about Morrissey here.

It's funny, it's like a spectrum isn't it? Swinging from overly positive to balanced to overly anti.

Do you think that this site it too AYNIM leaning?

Back
Top Bottom