The questions that are too trivial to warrant a thread of their own thread

Mclenarr

Does anyone know about this
The first solo efforts of Morrissey, made for night-time Radio 1 but not, at the singers request, broadcast?

Does anyone know about this
The first solo efforts of Morrissey, made for night-time Radio 1 but not, at the singers request, broadcast?
Wow, spooky. This just popped into my head this week, hadn't thought about it in ages and was just about to post a query on here about it.
Aparrently Moz recorded a solo session for the John Peel show in 1988, but it was apparently so utterly dire that he requested that it never be aired. Both Johns Walters (producer) and Peel concurred. I came across Ken Garner's encyclopaedic book on all the Peel sessions and it's not listed in there at all. I definitely recall it being mentioned in various interviews and features in the first few years after going solo, but no clue as to who featured on it, songs recorded, etc.
It's not listed on 'Passion' as far as I can find.
Anyone go it ? ;)
Anyone know anything more ?

In Simon Goddard's 'Songs That Saved Your Life' it is listed in December 1997 as ''Morrissey records solo session for John Peel at BBC Maida Vale with Vini Reilly, Andrew Paresi and Stephen Street. The tracks were never broadcast.''
No songs are listed.

I too have Ken Garner's excellent book on all the Peel sessions, presumably it lists all sessions played rather than just recorded.

Does anyone have that website for Stephen Street that was on here the other week? Does it have a contact email for him? Someone should ask him what tracks they were.:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Re: passion?

What does anyone think of my theory for the RoT cover.

Morrissey is , and this is just being jokey part, is the secret paymaster of animal rights extremists. Obviously hes the R and the experimenters are the T, HLF etc. He's playing the violin to offer mock sympathy for them!

In Simon Goddard's 'Songs That Saved Your Life' it is listed in December 1997 as ''Morrissey records solo session for John Peel at BBC Maida Vale with Vini Reilly, Andrew Paresi and Steven Street. The tracks were never broadcast.''
No songs are listed.

I too have Ken Garner's excellent book on all the Peel sessions, presumably it lists all sessions played rather than just recorded.

Does anyone have that website for Steven Street that was on here the other week? Does it have a contact email for him? Someone should ask him what tracks they were.:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Great idea.
Hope Stephen will give us details. :)

What does anyone think of my theory for the RoT cover.

Morrissey is , and this is just being jokey part, is the secret paymaster of animal rights extremists. Obviously hes the R and the experimenters are the T, HLF etc. He's playing the violin to offer mock sympathy for them!

I think you have too much time on your hands:rofl:

Jukebox Jury

I think you have too much time on your hands:rofl:

Jukebox Jury

The mock sympathy bit is quite credible really. It's a common gesture! I knew i shouldn't have put the jokey bit in. if i hadn't you might have taken the theory a bit more serious!

Hold on chaps and chapesses - isn't this the Born To Hang, Striptease With A Difference and Oh Phoney session?

Peter

Hold on chaps and chapesses - isn't this the Born To Hang, Striptease With A Difference and Oh Phoney session?

Peter

Well they didn't get a mention on Stephen Streets workings of early songs.... and wasn't the other version of Piccadilly Palare in with that collection (or were they all recorded at different times?)

Peter, change your picture back..... I miss you roving Morrissey:)

Jukebox Jury

Maybe he's not roving anymore?

Well they didn't get a mention on Stephen Streets workings of early songs.... and wasn't the other version of Piccadilly Palare in with that collection (or were they all recorded at different times?)

Peter, change your picture back..... I miss you roving Morrissey:)

Jukebox Jury

Change is upon us Phill. Things must be done.

I recall the session at radio 1 being related by Morrissey as a terrible experience - he said that the staff treated him and the band really badly. For some reason I'd always thought that Oh Phoney, Striptease..., Born To Hang were part of this session.

Peter

Ah...That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore.....

*sigh* Such a perfect song.

***oops, wrong thread*****

sorry :o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom