The rant page (aka things that piss me off constantly)

If the Earth is approx 4.6 Billion years old, why do we still refer to Earth being 2011 years old? Shouldn't we be more respectful to actual date of how old the Earth is...I know it's nice to say to your Mum that she is younger than she is, but come on this is the Earth we live on. What makes it even worse is that we are all accept that Jesus Christ was born approx 2011 years ago...doesn't that make it seem a bit weird for Atheists and other religions and cultures to base Earth's present date on something that has not been 100% proven. If they had based it on Henry VIII's reign or The Battle of Hastings, that would have made much more sense as at least we know we have 100% proof that it happened.

We don't. We now live in the year 2011 A.D. (Anno Domini), i.e. 2011 years since Jesus was born (the opposite being B.C. - before Christ). 2011 is not counted since the supposed birth of the earth. And I'd say that it is quite likely that the historic figure Jesus actually has existed but he wasn't born 2011 years ago though since someone sometime counted wrong with a few years. And not all religions and cultues live 2011 A.D., e.g. I am quite sure that the muslim world has a calendar of their own; counting from when Muhammad had his revelation or retuned to Mekka or something similar. I also belive that China has their own calendar and a different year than we have and probably more religions/cultures.

We don't. We now live in the year 2011 A.D. (Anno Domini), i.e. 2011 years since Jesus was born (the opposite being B.C. - before Christ). 2011 is not counted since the supposed birth of the earth. And I'd say that it is quite likely that the historic figure Jesus actually has existed but he wasn't born 2011 years ago though since someone sometime counted wrong with a few years. And not all religions and cultues live 2011 A.D., e.g. I am quite sure that the muslim world has a calendar of their own; counting from when Muhammad had his revelation or retuned to Mekka or something similar. I also belive that China has their own calendar and a different year than we have and probably more religions/cultures.

Jesus was most likely born sometime between year 8 and 6 BC. Since the first christians expected Jesus to return soon it didn't matter when Jesus had lived. It wasn't until later when they realized that Jesus probably wasn't coming back anytime soon that they got interested in when Jesus lived and was born. And then they counted wrong.

And everyone are not using 2011 as year now. The jews for example use 5771. And why do they do that? What do they count from? They count from the first thing that happend in the Torah..???..yes, the creation! How have they counted that? Well it say "blablabla lived so and so many years and he had a son who lived for so and so many yeard who had a son who lived so and so many years" and that's how they counted that out. Although most jews today don't believe that the erath is 5771 years old, it's mostly fundamentalist christians in the US that believe that today. And there are other years, sikhs count from the birth of Guru Nanak, buddhists count from Buddha entering nirvana, hindu's count from....well a lot of stuff, since hinduism isn't one religion (as christianity or judaism for example) but rather a name that is used about a group of several religions that have some stuff in common, there are several different years within hinduism. In india it's a constant chaos around everything, if you go from one town to another town you may go from one year to another year.

What were we talking about again?

Jesus was most likely born sometime between year 8 and 6 BC. Since the first christians expected Jesus to return soon it didn't matter when Jesus had lived. It wasn't until later when they realized that Jesus probably wasn't coming back anytime soon that they got interested in when Jesus lived and was born. And then they counted wrong.

And everyone are not using 2011 as year now. The jews for example use 5771. And why do they do that? What do they count from? They count from the first thing that happend in the Torah..???..yes, the creation! How have they counted that? Well it say "blablabla lived so and so many years and he had a son who lived for so and so many yeard who had a son who lived so and so many years" and that's how they counted that out. Although most jews today don't believe that the erath is 5771 years old, it's mostly fundamentalist christians in the US that believe that today. And there are other years, sikhs count from the birth of Guru Nanak, buddhists count from Buddha entering nirvana, hindu's count from....well a lot of stuff, since hinduism isn't one religion (as christianity or judaism for example) but rather a name that is used about a group of several religions that have some stuff in common, there are several different years within hinduism. In india it's a constant chaos around everything, if you go from one town to another town you may go from one year to another year.

What were we talking about again?

Things that piss us off constantly. :D

I also want to point out that if one as an agnostic/atheist don't want to use the christian terms B.C. and A.D. to count in which year we live one can instead use the terms CE (Common Era) and BCE (Before Common Era). That is, we don't live in the year 2011 in the year of our lord (Anno Domini) but in the year 2011 common era.

However as I said, we do not live in the year 2011 regardless of religion or whatever else, as it is not the Earth's actual age...and I doubt we will ever find exactly how old the Earth is, as it's all estimates and such. 4.6 Billion sounds a better year than 2011. I think we say 2011 as it's just an easier number to pronounce for stupid people :p

Grrr...Hurry up week! I want it to be the 18th January so I can talk to the woman to start getting my money. I've got what I want to say all in my head, but I have to wait a bloody week and one day to tell her and it's pissing me off! World please turn faster! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody Prostitutes probably getting loads of money than anyone here on the forum! They make bloody a fortune for one shag! And bitches who sell their virginity. f***ing hell how bad is that?? Oh well, at least we still got clean bits, right? :lbf:

I agree! Although it may be disappointing for the "customer"

honestly, I have never gotten the whole wanting to f*** virgins thing :confused:
in my limited experience with virgins(1, I think :straightface:)
its just weird, and like, as a dude, a lot of pressure man, too much for me these days :squiffy::p

Virgins know absolute jack shit about sex anyway, so why would a man possibly want to have sex with one?
Me and my girlfriend doing it for the first time was awkward and I'm glad things have changed since then :lbf:

Those BASTARDS who wear their scarves in that way,men especially,one end tucked into that loop that they do,f***ing clones.And postmen who wear shorts in freezing weather,twats

Those BASTARDS who wear their scarves in that way,men especially,one end tucked into that loop that they do,f***ing clones.And postmen who wear shorts in freezing weather,twats

Postmen wearing shorts in cold weather, wtf! :lbf:

Next Managers, they're f***ing smug...when I was working there this month! Basterds!
All Next Managers and supervisors are all the same...sad lonely gits!

Democrats blaming the Arizona shooting on the Tea Party movement. So desperate are they to silence the people......

Robbing basterds (Burglars) loved to rob off the bloody poor as:

1. The Rich have better alarms and anti-burglar shit in the house, so it's harder to rob
2. Rich people can easily pay for the stolen stuff - but for poorer people it's much harder

For all robbing basterds, frauds....f*** YOU

Who is that? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom