The return of Morrissey the Consumer Monkey

Looks like Reeves could soon be getting that long overdue punch in the face from Moz:lbf:

I heard Bob on the radio recently say that MtCM was born after Morrissey (the flesh and blood one) had agreed to appear on a 'Vic Reeves Big Night Out' Christmas special, but had then cancelled last minute (I know, shocking!)

Bob stated the reason Moz gave for bailing was 'creeping alopecia' (which, funnily enough, Bob has a fine display of).

Or it may well have been subsequent to the disasterous Hook End studio session with Vic/Jim, when he pissed Morrissey off for life. Somehow.

And so was born the consumer monkey stand-in.

this just kinda looks like that doll thing that was on here not long ago. dont know who this guy is or what its about but i dont think i care. does he do some sort of puppet show or something such

Bob Mortimer has been asking for fans' ideas for characters for the upcoming Reeves and Mortimer live tour. And he has said that one character who'll definitely be on the tour is Morrissey the Consumer Monkey.

Last edited by a moderator:
When was the last time Morrissey wore those black rimmed glasses on stage?

I'm surprised the puppet isn't the bloated 5 bowls of pasta, cheese, and bread break from touring Morrissey if this guy wanted to be more of an ass.

I'm surprised the puppet isn't the bloated 5 bowls of pasta, cheese, and bread break from touring Morrissey if this guy wanted to be more of an ass.

Have you seen how thin Morrissey has gotten?

I think 'Benny The Idiot Troll' or 'Bummie The Vegan Policeman' would be hilarious characters too.

Hmm illiterate, witless and a virgin. You and BB must get on very well together.

You know this was very old, not recent when they did this.

I remember Morriseey saying he found the monkey extremely hurtful. I also remember Moz saying he liked Bob, but Vic couldn't shut up, as if he was frightened he would turn into a bowl (or pile?) of dust if he stopped talking.

Jesus Christ. Fire your props guy immediately. No, light him on fire first and then tell him he's out of a job. I've seen better puppetry done by toddlers.

Jesus Christ. Fire your props guy immediately. No, light him on fire first and then tell him he's out of a job. I've seen better puppetry done by toddlers.

It's meant to be like that. The Vic and Bob humour is very Dadaist, very British and a bit hard to grasp if you watch this clip out of the context of their other sketches and humour.

Like most comedy sketch shows before and since, you've really got to be in a certain place to find it remotely funny, probably a few years either side of adolescence.

It's meant to be like that. The Vic and Bob humour is very Dadaist, very British and a bit hard to grasp if you watch this clip out of the context of their other sketches and humour.

Like most comedy sketch shows before and since, you've really got to be in a certain place to find it remotely funny, probably a few years either side of adolescence.

That explains a lot. Thank you.

I found Night Out absolutely hilarious when I was 15/16, now I find it hard to watch.

Looks like Reeves could soon be getting that long overdue punch in the face from Moz:lbf:

Moz couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag.

He'd agree to the fight. Promote it. Then cancel because one of those few moments of reality set in and he realized who and what he is.

Poor, poor Moz.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom