Morrissey Central THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY' (November 25, 2020)

THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY’
November 25, 2020

" When the new BMG Executive says he now wants a label of 'diversity', what he
actually means is he wants all of his artists to be exactly the same. Make no mistake, the
word 'diversity' is already trailing in the dust as an overused catchword that in fact means tighter restrictions and a fierce
exclusion of individuality. I have been dumped by BMG because I am TOO diverse for them. They cannot cope with an
artist such as Morrissey … who is, in fact, the very essence of diversity … whose lyrical concerns are multiple, different,
and who has been writing about all of our human differences since 1982. So, please don't be fooled into thinking the
word 'diversity' means varied and open; it has been warped to mean exactly the opposite. With these absolutely
incomprehensibly senseless new guidelines, I'll be surprised if BMG still exists in 18 months time. Or, if they do,
they'll be a label that no true artist would want to sign to. Perhaps this is what BMG prefers - a roster of artists
who are so diverse that you'll never be able to distinguish one from the other?"
Morrissey, November 2020.

"There are artists who feel abandoned by the record business yet are still producing new music which connects with an audience." Hartwig Masuch, BMG.

Morrissey World scrapped due to its 'narrow' appeal :

Related items:

Related articles (first link contains the quote cited by Central):

The latest victim is 'comedian' Jack Whitehall. I can relate to people not finding him funny, but when a guy as bland and pc as this becomes the focus of cancel culture...

What these virtue signalling tossers don't realise (because they're too thick) is that they are re-establishing a Western culture of intolerance and censorship that it took centuries to break down, and that within a generation the censorial power that they are enthusiastically entrusting to our social media institutions to enforce will be turned on them again as, inevitably, the right wing takes advantage of it.

John Cleese has been taking on the f***wits recently. As he says about the woke - if you can't control your emotional response to what others say and do then your only option is to seek to control what others say and do.

The latest victim is 'comedian' Jack Whitehall. I can relate to people not finding him funny, but when a guy as bland and pc as this becomes the focus of cancel culture...

What these virtue signalling tossers don't realise (because they're too thick) is that they are re-establishing a Western culture of intolerance and censorship that it took centuries to break down, and that within a generation the censorial power that they are enthusiastically entrusting to our social media institutions to enforce will be turned on them again as, inevitably, the right wing takes advantage of it.
Complaining about the offensiveness of someone making derogatory comments about a minority is not cancel culture, it's people complaining about the offensiveness of someone making derogatory comments about a minority. Sometimes I think that half the problem is that when someone makes a justifiable complaint about someone being gratuitously offensive about or towards a minority group, people like you blow it out of all proportion and instantly scream 'CANCEL CULTURE' when no request to 'cancel' has in fact been made. Certainly a google search on 'ban Jack Whitehall' doesn't bring up anything remotely relevant.
Perhaps you could enlighten us on how Whitehall is being 'cancelled?'

Complaining about the offensiveness of someone making derogatory comments about a minority is not cancel culture, it's people complaining about the offensiveness of someone making derogatory comments about a minority. Sometimes I think that half the problem is that when someone makes a justifiable complaint about someone being gratuitously offensive about or towards a minority group, people like you blow it out of all proportion and instantly scream 'CANCEL CULTURE' when no request to 'cancel' has in fact been made. Certainly a google search on 'ban Jack Whitehall' doesn't bring up anything remotely relevant.
A small group of people got upset.

You're right: he's not being cancelled, of course.
One short (no pun intended) segment from a performance of his (recorded in 2014) will no longer be shown on the BBC's "Live at the Apollo" reruns after it was complained about by two viewers that the joke took a stereotypical view of dwarfism. You could, at a push, argue that it's "political correctness gone mad" etc but this example is a long, long way from anything to do with cancel culture, however one defines that.

Sure, happy to oblige, Radish:

From BBC news:

"The offending bit, from a show broadcast in 2014, featured in a recent repeat of his Live at the Apollo set, which was shown on BBC Two.
The BBC's Executive Complaints Unit has said it will not be re-broadcast."

So the prospect of any future repeat of said bit has been cancelled. That's cancel culture.

You're right: he's not being cancelled, of course.
One short (no pun intended) segment from a performance of his (recorded in 2014) will no longer be shown on the BBC's "Live at the Apollo" reruns after it was complained about by two viewers that the joke took a stereotypical view of dwarfism. You could, at a push, argue that it's "political correctness gone mad" etc but this example is a long, long way from anything to do with cancel culture, however one defines that.
BBC has a shortage of dwarf jokes.

Sure, happy to oblige, Radish:

From BBC news:

"The offending bit, from a show broadcast in 2014, featured in a recent repeat of his Live at the Apollo set, which was shown on BBC Two.
The BBC's Executive Complaints Unit has said it will not be re-broadcast."

So the prospect of any future repeat of said bit has been cancelled. That's cancel culture.
No. Expurgating or censoring something offensive is not 'cancel culture,' not least because it's been happening since forever, especially with the BBC. From what I read this hilarious routine is still available on DVD so people who are yearning to hear small people being called 'little freaks' can still get their fix.

No. Expurgating or censoring something offensive is not 'cancel culture,' not least because it's been happening since forever, especially with the BBC. From what I read this hilarious routine is still available on DVD so people who are yearning to hear small people being called 'little freaks' can still get their fix.
It's the same people complaining about the banning of the word 'f-a-g-g-o-t' in Fairytale of New York. They don't give a shit about diversity - they simply want the ability to carry on being offensive to minorities. And yet they try to dress it up otherwise. There'e nothing new here, just right-wing arseholes being, and wanting to be offensive to people less able to defend themselves. Cowards and bullies the lot of them.

I skipped past the sex scandal. 🙃
Sort of unrelated to that particular incident, but:

"I simply wanted this matter cleared up since I have the strongest intention never to be misunderstood."

Bittersweet foreshadowing, May 1983.

MozLetterMcCulloughMay1983.jpg

I don't like Douglas Murray. I'm a Morrissey fan.

Morrissey is way bigger than BMG. Morrissey will come back bigger and better after this!

Has Morrissey ever talked about Douglas Murray?
Yes.... BUT next time do your own research .

Murray , strikes me as a Smiths fan...Though not maybe a Morrissey solo fan. well not since he went American ,

There is some truth here. "Morrissey's transgressions quickly and totally overwhelmed his music," is undeniable. And I'm sure there are people who've been lying in wait for him to pile on at every chance.
I think it's more about your first point. Morrissey is more well known to most people for something he said than he is for his music. He seems to like it this way. I think he wants to be famous for making "outrageous" statements more than he does for his music. I think his last record is great and as far as I'm concerned I am ready to move on, ignore his politics and listen to his music. To someone who isn't really a fan though I think that's asking a lot. There are so many ways to distract ourselves that to ask someone to really give the music a chance, when he might have already turned them off and they aren't fans anyway, is probably too much to ask.
For me, "Dog" is a great record and the previous three were not, so that does make a difference but I also just kind of got tired of the whole discussion about his statements and his politics.
But with your combination of people that want to get their revenge and his seeming desire to destroy his career by focusing on all the wrong things it makes it difficult to pull out of the nose dive even if he did release music of the quality he once did. He needs some help with that. But pop stars his age are pretty rare anyway and even if he does stop what is basically trolling and focus on speaking about his music instead he really has an uphill battle to maintain his audience, let alone see it grow.
🧐

FC WTF?

Morrissey is more well known to most people for something he said than he is for his music. He seems to like it this way.

more WELL KNOWN to MOST PEOPLE??? most people know him for his music but more so for what he said????:rolleyes:

makes no sense FC.:blushing:

It's the same people complaining about the banning of the word 'f-a-g-g-o-t' in Fairytale of New York. They don't give a shit about diversity - they simply want the ability to carry on being offensive to minorities. And yet they try to dress it up otherwise. There'e nothing new here, just right-wing arseholes being, and wanting to be offensive to people less able to defend themselves. Cowards and bullies the lot of them.

:rolleyes:

psycho babblin like FC now.:blushing:

Oh, I really can't even be arsed reading what you posted but I just wish you'd simply 'c***-off' from this website you c***ish c***. I can't think of any other way to make that message any stronger. c***ishly c***-off & die!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom