Morrissey Central THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY' (November 25, 2020)

THE RIGID RULES AND RESTRICTIONS OF ‘DIVERSITY’
November 25, 2020

" When the new BMG Executive says he now wants a label of 'diversity', what he
actually means is he wants all of his artists to be exactly the same. Make no mistake, the
word 'diversity' is already trailing in the dust as an overused catchword that in fact means tighter restrictions and a fierce
exclusion of individuality. I have been dumped by BMG because I am TOO diverse for them. They cannot cope with an
artist such as Morrissey … who is, in fact, the very essence of diversity … whose lyrical concerns are multiple, different,
and who has been writing about all of our human differences since 1982. So, please don't be fooled into thinking the
word 'diversity' means varied and open; it has been warped to mean exactly the opposite. With these absolutely
incomprehensibly senseless new guidelines, I'll be surprised if BMG still exists in 18 months time. Or, if they do,
they'll be a label that no true artist would want to sign to. Perhaps this is what BMG prefers - a roster of artists
who are so diverse that you'll never be able to distinguish one from the other?"
Morrissey, November 2020.

"There are artists who feel abandoned by the record business yet are still producing new music which connects with an audience." Hartwig Masuch, BMG.

Morrissey World scrapped due to its 'narrow' appeal :

Related items:

Related articles (first link contains the quote cited by Central):

I am tired. I need to rest. I can't deal with central's posts anymore. Don't tell me, he is the same who he ever was. Things were more subtle then....not now. :-(
Frank, calm down , it’s been a while olde boy, hasn’t it.....
love your picture , just as glamorous as I'd imagine you would be ....
I never bother with central
It would be like looking at your girlfriends used gusset.....
Things won’t change frank in morrissey land , we all know this ..
The next step for us “unhinged wankers” will be either a shitty rerelease, or a gig ....
Either, or , shall be a long time coming ......
can I ask if you were the drummer in Big fun ? 🤫🤫🤫

Prediction: next week Dodwell, Rayner and Moz's new lawyer Rudy Giuliani hold a press conference where they vow to legally challenge BMG's diversity policy and force them to release more Morrissey albums.

In before people, certainly Uncles, drop in to complain about something they could very easily remove from their lives if they just stopped following Morrissey and Morrissey-related news.
Very true, but don’t you realise those very people NEED this hatred in their lives? I mean, if they stopped following him, where would they vent their anger?

I pity them, & even more so when he dies. No doubt he can be ‘racist’ from beyond the grave though, somehow...

I'd personally say the mainstream media and haters online are far more damaging than the two people who publicly support mozza

True.

But they do provide the haters & the media with more things to hate him for.

Which kind of defeats the purpose.

Stepping away or finding a better line of attack might be a good idea.

Prediction: next week Dodwell, Rayner and Moz's new lawyer Rudy Giuliani hold a press conference where they vow to legally challenge BMG's diversity policy and force them to release more Morrissey albums.
First class post😂 anyone in trouble should demand Ruddy , not as good as George Carmen though.... I’ve used George a couple of times 🤫

Agree. A sure sign that he's hanging on to the real world by the thinnest of threads at this point. The whole quote seems like something Dodwell would have written, but...attributed to him? It's just bizarre.

The way the pronouns change literally within the scope of two lines is definitely worrying. :paranoid:

If Moz only cared about money and record sales he would keep his mouth shut and say nothing critical of the woke bullshit that we are up to our necks in - like pretty much every other artist out there. But to Moz saying what he wants to say is way more important. It's a freedom that is on its way out.

This really is full on Trump style.
It's awful what has happened to M . It really is. M is a living example as to why British talent (esp deeply British personality types like M) should never move to the USA, especially LA . He is also a cautionary tale in the dangers of relying on the not to clever "die hard" elements of ones own fan base- yes the Latinos make up the numbers and pay your hotel bill but it delivers hollowed out art , simplified for the English as second language speakers, lazy as the easily pleased and easily lead will except anything.
Its also a cautionary tale in being over trusting with family and friends. Its nice he gave his nephew a job to please his mom, there are limits though .

Having been caught out in a number of lies publicly, making him seem Trump like pathetic (its this new level of patheticness which has driven away more fans that the "racism" I expect) you would hope M would get a better game.

First he pretends he was dumped when we know he wasn't. He even said on his own site last year it was a for three LP deal and that was coming to and end .

Then he tries to pretend he was dropped due to some woke "Diversity " agenda. Giving him a righteous stage to protest and set himself up as "Truth sayer", man against the fake nazi system (something he used to be)
All lies. Stupid provable lies . All dished out probably due to the fact he didn't sell hardly any records. At least nowhere near the amount he used to .
Also as a "brand" he is now considered toxic ( I don't think its fair he toxic but he is . Now people from a fan site can get 12 people to press like when they disagree he doesn't sell as much as he used to at the moment but thats not the "real world")

Although M hasn't been dropped I think what may have happened is BMG has pulled out from re releasing his old stuff. Which is a shame and i can see why he would be upset, so in a sense, if that is true, its kinda like being dropped.

I think BMG would sight lack of sales and a narrow fan base as to why they don't want to do any further business. It would do M well, to accept whats happened to his sales and his audience and act accordingly . I worry, where as before M was aware of the "real world" but chose to ignore it and/or pervert it, now he seems to be lost in a world of hollow truths and outright lie,s designed to boost his ego, thats rooting him from the inside out .

At this point, I'm also willing to wager that Sam Esty Rayner and Fiona Dodwell have done more to damage Morrissey's once-flawless aesthetic than Morrissey himself.
No doubt ,
You can understand him getting SER on board, he did that for his mom but why on Earth rely over and over on this pleb Fiona. Not only is she clueless but even a passing reader can tell she is a hired hand and simply cheap PR . Its a real shit show

If Moz only cared about money and record sales he would keep his mouth shut and say nothing critical of the woke bullshit that we are up to our necks in - like pretty much every other artist out there. But to Moz saying what he wants to say is way more important. It's a freedom that is on its way out.
Perhaps he could give up music and undertake a lecture tour?

Too right. And sadly many twats on here agree with it being on its way out as well...

Last edited:
Frank, calm down , it’s been a while olde boy, hasn’t it.....
love your picture , just as glamorous as I'd imagine you would be ....
I never bother with central
It would be like looking at your girlfriends used gusset.....
Things won’t change frank in morrissey land , we all know this ..
The next step for us “unhinged wankers” will be either a shitty rerelease, or a gig ....
Either, or , shall be a long time coming ......
can I ask if you were the drummer in Big fun ? 🤫🤫🤫
Nice to hear from you, Baz. I am still the drummer in The Delta Darlings. That much is true.

Well said... just like when moz was a “nobody” a term I despise...
when he was seen at the Huddersfield gay march, or being a feminist.... and other things he championed well before being “famous “
Yes he is a rich man, why... he got off his arse and earned his money, it wasn’t inherited, nor given to him... He made his own way ....
From what I’ve learned with the smiths or moz recordings , is chart positions..... very obvious if indeed , it’s all he talks about ..... me to I’m from that era when ears were positioned to the wireless,
And NEVER was your song at number 1 , or even top 40 .... yes we all know that heartache, don’t we ...

The woke stuff is bullshit . Watching the brilliant Douglas Murry take the wokesters apart has been a highlight of 19/20.

But if you think Morrissey got "dropped" rather than not given a new contract, then you are wrong . If you think BMG decided not to give M a contract for any reason other than money then you are mad

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom