The Secret of Pop Muzik

William Fisher

Listening face down
Hello, it suddenly struck me that the beginning of The Secret of Music is very similar to Pop Muzik by M.

Anyone else hear the resemblance? Is it deliberate, I wonder...

I know what you mean and there is a slight resemblance. It's this (for lack of a better word) sort of "boing-y" sound.

Personally, the beat and the sound of the drums in Secret Of Music kind of remind me of Housequake by Prince.

I've said it before on another thread that The Secret Of Music reminds me of the song Maladjusted, probably to do with the way Moz sings both songs makes them sound similar.

I've said it before on another thread that The Secret Of Music reminds me of the song Maladjusted, probably to do with the way Moz sings both songs makes them sound similar.

I agree about the vocals sounding like maladjusted

yeah its like a slowed down version,well spotted,never noticed it before.

Almost as if the words are being pulled out of him.

yeah. I like it though. It does sound like it, the words, are being pulled out of him but really it makes me think of him being pulled to all the sounds with him resisting. Resisting a not the word but the tension of the vocal and sudden spurt of words makes me feel the pull of the songs theme namely the pull of the instruments and the sounds hes drawn to

yeah. I like it though. It does sound like it, the words, are being pulled out of him but really it makes me think of him being pulled to all the sounds with him resisting. Resisting a not the word but the tension of the vocal and sudden spurt of words makes me feel the pull of the songs theme namely the pull of the instruments and the sounds hes drawn to
I think your description perfectly fits his vocal on Maladjusted. I listened to The Secret Of Music a couple of times yesterday and although I don't think it sounds that similar to Maladjusted I can still hear what you're describing.

I think your description perfectly fits his vocal on Maladjusted. I listened to The Secret Of Music a couple of times yesterday and although I don't think it sounds that similar to Maladjusted I can still hear what you're describing.

yeah its really just the rhythm of the vocal. Maladjusteds music builds where the secret of music sorta flows to my ears. It’s a cool song though. I love the lyrics

Back
Top Bottom