The Smiths – An Ordinary Name for the Rock Hall of Fame - Goldmine Mag

We take it that The Smiths are not already in The Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame" ? What a dreadful oversight this is. Rolling Stone Magazines book, "The History of Rock N' Roll", has the book devided by decades and a full color picture of a group that personified that decade at the start of each new chapter. No surprises here friends. Elvis in the 50's , The Beatles in the 60's, the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin in the 70's and guess who in the 80's? The Smiths ofcorse, Who else could even come close? These 5 acts were the top of the charts then and nothing has changed today. Save for the fact that in every case, all 5 of these acts continue to grow in poularity and their records continue to grow in value and sentiment. Oh yes, Morrissey warned us all of the dangers of nuclear power with "Panic". Maybe someone besides us should give "Panic" a listen. Just thought we'd toss that in. Cheers England from San Diego

We take it that The Smiths are not already in The Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame" ? What a dreadful oversight this is. Rolling Stone Magazines book, "The History of Rock N' Roll", has the book devided by decades and a full color picture of a group that personified that decade at the start of each new chapter. No surprises here friends. Elvis in the 50's , The Beatles in the 60's, the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin in the 70's and guess who in the 80's? The Smiths ofcorse, Who else could even come close? These 5 acts were the top of the charts then and nothing has changed today. Save for the fact that in every case, all 5 of these acts continue to grow in poularity and their records continue to grow in value and sentiment. Oh yes, Morrissey warned us all of the dangers of nuclear power with "Panic". Maybe someone besides us should give "Panic" a listen. Just thought we'd toss that in. Cheers England from San Diego

no he didnt

no he didnt
what dod you think the song "Panic" was all about? You stupid f***ing ass may want to read up on why Morrissey wrote the song in the first place scumbag, before you issue your trash. You are dumber than you look and that's tuff to do. Back to f***ing normal....being nice does NOT work with this lot. "I WILL NOT CHANGE, I WILL NOT BE NICE" ... "My life has been spent in RUINS, because of people who are nice" If I looked like your lame lop ass, I"d jump off a bridge and DIE, and stop polluting the world.:lbf::lbf::lbf:

what dod you think the song "Panic" was all about? You stupid f***ing ass may want to read up on why Morrissey wrote the song in the first place scumbag, before you issue your trash. You are dumber than you look and that's tuff to do. Back to f***ing normal....being nice does NOT work with this lot. "I WILL NOT CHANGE, I WILL NOT BE NICE" ... "My life has been spent in RUINS, because of people who are nice" If I looked like your lame lop ass, I"d jump off a bridge and DIE, and stop polluting the world.:lbf::lbf::lbf:

and you sounded so flowery.ah well

Who cares about the Rock'n roll Hall of Fame? If there's a rock canon, it's not defined by a ridiculous institution like that.

No they need to start their own Hall of Fame. It could be a shrine to Morrissey's heroes on Hollywood Boulevard and then maybe sell franchises or something if it's a big hit.

Who cares about the Rock'n roll Hall of Fame? If there's a rock canon, it's not defined by a ridiculous institution like that.

yeah who the f*** is Justin beeper:sick:

seems to be the popular guy in music at the moment

he was on tour, never heard of the young lad, not even talking of his songs though
he was in holland and 14/15 year old girls screameing makes me glad I'm not
know 90% in the hitlist.

ps;
...and I'm mentally ill...:crazy:

Last edited:

Are you 14 years old? Feel better when you embed Morrissey lyrics in your response?
I agree that nuclear power is no bueno, but "Panic" is a teenage angst anthem, not a stern warning of nuclear catastrophe. Although, both topics can occupy equal emotional footing to an impressionable teenager/young-adult, "Panic" is what The Smiths were about- identifying with their base.

Its not just a body the curates and preserves the memory of their career forever, but also puts up an exhibit at the museum. How fricking cool would that be; a Smiths exhibit. You'd go in a heartbeat and so would I.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom