"The Smiths - 30 years of The Queen Is Dead" triple DVD box set (out Aug. 12, 2016)

I just noticed this on Bull Moose pre orders.. Has anyone heard of this?

The Smiths: 30 Years of the Queen is Dead - VideoETA

While the title may appear a little passe and the message somewhat less outrageous than it did 30 years ago, The Smiths' sophomore album remains among the finest pieces of musical work to appear during the eighties - if not the finest since punk and new wave broke in the mid to late '70s. And while our beloved premier (overseas readers excepted) may count it as one of his own fave raves, we won't let that put us off - most of us round here don't believe him anyway - being that such a fine and creative array of music is captured in its grooves. So in celebration and honour of this dynamic album's pearl jubilee comes this triple disc box set of DVDs. Featuring three separate films focussing on The Smiths in general, The Queen Is Dead album and the Morrissey/Marr angle too, all featuring a plethora of archive footage, exclusive and classic interviews, contributions from those who knew the group best plus lashings of the music that made it all come alive, these programs will delight and enthral all those still flying the flag for arguably one of the very finest UK bands ever.

Amazon.com pre-order

Description:
  • Format: Box set, Color, NTSC
  • Language: English
  • Region: All Regions
  • Aspect Ratio: 1.77:1
  • Number of discs: 3
  • Studio: The Collector'S Forum
  • DVD Release Date: August 12, 2016
  • Run Time: 311 minutes

38840_91yIY3a8xtL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"all featuring a plethora of archive footage".....they need to release the full "Rank" or any of the live video they have of the band....

I'd say at least half of it will be filler with talking heads spouting drivel and telling us nothing we don't know already. That's some amount of crap to fill three dvds though. Unless there is a dvd showing the recording sessions and another dvd showing a concert I'm not interested. Hoe many times can one horse be resurrected for another flogging?

Who wrote the press for this? S/he was thorough in qualifying every superlative (arguably/quite possibly the very finest/best band/album)....

Lovely cover photo, though!

Got excited there for a minute but looks like a right load of rubbish. And yeah, "Sophomore" album - that's like one after freshman isn't it? Not a common description of anything here in the UK.

I have a feeling "The Smiths: The Queen Is Dead - A Classic Album Under Review" DVD is included in this 3 pack.

MVD released it and they are behind this release.

Please somebody tell me it was just a boring dream !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I just noticed this on Bull Moose pre orders.. Has anyone heard of this?

The Smiths: 30 Years of the Queen is Dead - VideoETA

While the title may appear a little passe and the message somewhat less outrageous than it did 30 years ago, The Smiths' sophomore album remains among the finest pieces of musical work to appear during the eighties - if not the finest since punk and new wave broke in the mid to late '70s. And while our beloved premier (overseas readers excepted) may count it as one of his own fave raves, we won't let that put us off - most of us round here don't believe him anyway - being that such a fine and creative array of music is captured in its grooves. So in celebration and honour of this dynamic album's pearl jubilee comes this triple disc box set of DVDs. Featuring three separate films focussing on The Smiths in general, The Queen Is Dead album and the Morrissey/Marr angle too, all featuring a plethora of archive footage, exclusive and classic interviews, contributions from those who knew the group best plus lashings of the music that made it all come alive, these programs will delight and enthral all those still flying the flag for arguably one of the very finest UK bands ever.

Amazon.com pre-order

Description:
  • Format: Box set, Color, NTSC
  • Language: English
  • Region: All Regions
  • Aspect Ratio: 1.77:1
  • Number of discs: 3
  • Studio: The Collector'S Forum
  • DVD Release Date: August 12, 2016
  • Run Time: 311 minutes

38840_91yIY3a8xtL._SL1500_.jpg
What's up with that devious, truculent, unreliable look on Johnny's face?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
And Moz has a better look in his eye ? I think all band members are at the point in any photo shot where everybody feels, " Lets just get this OVER and DONE with !"

That picture really captures the relationship of Morrissey and Joyce. Morrissey up front creating and leading, Joyce in the background creepy and scheming.
Mike Joyce is such a f***ing dud.

Right. But if the Smiths existed today he would be highly praised.
The were all good. They were the Smiths ffs. There can only be one leading man and he always steals the spotlight.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom