The Smiths film probably won't feature a white band

What about that classic Hogan's Heroes episode with Kinchloe (and Hogan buddies) in undercover uniform as a German Nazi... :thumb:

= :squiffy:

Oh my f***ing god! I can't f***ing believe this! They've actually gone and done to books what they did to the Dark Tower film and the upcoming David Copperfield film.

"Books pulled over 'literary blackface' accusations

The largest bookseller in the US has pulled a new series of "culturally diverse" classic book covers after facing widespread criticism.

Barnes and Noble launched the new Diverse Editions on Tuesday, featuring new covers illustrating the main characters as people of colour.

But the initiative to mark Black History Month received a swift backlash with authors calling it superficial.

The bookseller said it had acknowledged the criticism and suspended the series.

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Moby-Dick and Frankenstein were among the titles included.

On the back of the redesigned covers, the company said: "For the first time ever, all parents will be able to pick up a book and see themselves in a story."

But the move faced a barrage of criticism.

"This is essentially literary blackface," tweeted author Frederick Joseph.

Many said that the company should do more to promote black authors rather than simply changing the skin colour of characters on the front cover."

More idiocy here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51399355

IMG-3065.jpg

FFS! They've only gone and done it again! This time they've done it to High Fidelity.

Excerpt:

"Hulu’s High Fidelity Reboot Is A Perplexing Attempt To Rewrite The Past

But this particular High Fidelity attempts to present itself as a much different beast than its predecessors. For one, the property has been gender-flipped Ghostbusters-style, with Zoë Kravitz as Rob and Rob’s formerly-cishet and white coworkers replaced by a black woman (Da’Vine Joy Randolph, her Cherise standing in for Jack Black’s Barry) and a gay man (David Holmes as Simon, in place of the film’s Stiff Little Fingers-loving Dick)."
https://www.stereogum.com/2073477/high-fidelity-remake-hulu-zoe-kravitz/franchises/sounding-board/

So, to recap, they've done it to:

The Dark Tower film
Dickens' David Copperfield
Covers of classic novels
High Fidelity

Have I missed anything?

Back
Top Bottom