The Smiths, Morrissey and Marr are mentioned in a new Bananarama interview with The Guardian

Siobahn says she was obsessed with The Smiths when she left the group

‘People wet their knickers when they find out I was in Bananarama’: the 80s trio return - The Guardian

Excerpt:

“It was a combination of the fact that, musically, we’d gone absolutely full-on pop, at a time when I was feeling lost and dark and depressed in my life. I was obsessed with the Smiths, and I just wanted something that would …” Fahey pauses. Even after three decades, it doesn’t seem to be a comfortable topic. “It had been a real pressure cooker, the three of us being together 24/7, for years. It couldn’t continue.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Mentions The Smiths & her obsession - with zero acknowledgement of the link to Fahey owing the name Shakespears Sister to adapting The Smiths song title - odd.
Bananarama weren't ever a group I could like - made worse by going anywhere near the human twat-waffle that is Pete Waterman.
S.Sister were a bit more interesting though (I think I bought 'You're History' 12").
Interesting read.
Regards,
FWD.

Mentions The Smiths & her obsession - with zero acknowledgement of the link to Fahey owing the name Shakespears Sister to adapting The Smiths song title - odd.
Bananarama weren't ever a group I could like - made worse by going anywhere near the human twat-waffle that is Pete Waterman.
S.Sister were a bit more interesting though (I think I bought 'You're History' 12").
Interesting read.
Regards,
FWD.
Thats true .. on the other hand looks like the first of many other articles if they really come back together..the article is supposed to be about the 3 of them but Siobah has a lot to say huh?
I must admit I did like them

Reckon WTF is Bananasrama? Reckon me think the title of the article should be "Morrissey and Maher are playing Nike tonight, Google tomorrow, and Apple Tuesday.

they were fine,they were of the era.if their song came on the radio it had a kind of summery feel to it so iv got nothing against them.

What's less well known, is that the reason Johnny left the Smiths was because he was obsessed with Bananarama at the time.

They were always lighweight fluffy disposable crap pop. One of them looked good but to me they were one step above Spice Girls. I'm watching old Top Of The Pops episodes these days (currently being rebroadcast on BBC4) and a lot of it is rubbish, including Bananarama. Some of it is ace though: The Cure, Depeche Mode, New Order, etc.
Anyway here is the band member I liked. Her name is Keren but for some reason i cant post her bloody photo from my phone. She's nice anyway.
Not as nice as Wendy James from Transvision Vamp though:
imgres

Last edited:
They were always lighweight fluffy disposable crap pop. One of them looked good but to me they were one step above Spice Girls. I'm watching old Top Of The Pops episodes these days (currently being rebroadcast on BBC4) and a lot of it is rubbish, including Bananarama. Some of it is ace though: The Cure, Depeche Mode, New Order, etc.
Anyway here is the band member I liked. Her name is Keren but for some reason i cant post her bloody photo from my phone. She's nice anyway.
Not as nice as Wendy James from Transvision Vamp though:
imgres

I disliked the name. Too long.
Banananarananama.
And I am sorry but Venus by Shocking Blue hasn't been covered in any good way by them.
It is an icon of a pop single never to be covered again by anyone. :thumb:

Last edited:
What's less well known, is that the reason Johnny left the Smiths was because he was obsessed with Bananarama at the time.

You can't be serious!
I goes against anything I would think Johnny Marr would appreciate. :squiffy:

Anyone know if Siobahn posts here? Would be amusing if she turned out to be Benny the Butcher, or Midnight or someone.

the best song was their first with Fun Boy Three...'it ain't what you do it's way that you do it'... well they in the clip

Robert de Niro, the dream of all women though 30 years later, you hear
not much about this legendary actor

shy boy writes they were good looking ladies, and always wonderfull dressed

They're were just young women with good looks. About credible as the Spice Girls, Girls Aloud, and the Saturdays...

and their hometown is very much visible for you :)

Yes, it is.
Sorry if this off-topic but many years ago I bought a car and I heard Robbie van Leeuwen, who was the composer and guitarist of Shocking Blue, lived in a house nearby the Alfa Romeo carshop.
He sometimes went there just to talk a bit with the mechanics.
He was a loner. Lived alone and seemed a bit paranoid.
Tried to avoid human contact as much as possible but the mechanics seem to like him and told some stories.
They were protective and didn't even want to say if his car was there in service too.
Cheers!

WTF are you on about there, chief?

I hope you will get an answer from him but if not, to cut a long story short:
Moz and Johnny play highly secret, utter confidential, strictly forbidden to talk about sets for the big shots of American enterprise companies for enormous soms of money.
He, Aztec is in the know of this through his big information network and he has some moles at the company organizing it.
His most reliable sources are the interns Kylie and Jeremy.
Hush, you didn't hear it from me. :D

When Siobhan left, was the headline "Bananarama split"?

:laughing::rofl:

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom