The Smiths nominated for Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame 2015

Re: Vote for the 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees (including The Smiths)

No thanks.

The Smiths is against the establishment, no need to be included in a showbiz shoulder-patting crowd.

Last edited:
Re: Vote for the 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees (including The Smiths)

bernard has the guitar now anyway and i doubt hed be willing to give it up like ever

No thanks.

The Smiths is against the establishment, no need to be included in a showbiz shoulder-patting crowd.

I want them to win, if only to see Moz (and Johnny?) issue a scathing refusal to have anything to do with it. :p

No thanks.

Are you kidding? Morrissey adores and craves being the top of any list.

http://rockhall.com/voting/2015-rock-hall-nominees-fan-vote/

*EDIT*

Needs more work...

kU9fNPK.jpg

P.

Last edited:

If they serve meat at the awards show he won't go.

Johnny would tell everyone to vote for Chic.

This is great news! And long past due.

Green Day, Nine Inch Nails, Smiths Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Rolling Stone
Lou Reed, N.W.A and Sting are also in contention for the Class of 2015, with voting again open to fans

Vote for the 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees - Rolling Stone. Link posted by Detritus.

The Smiths, Lou Reed, Kraftwerk, Nine Inch Nails, Green Day, N.W.A. Nominated For Rock Hall of Fame - Pitchfork. Link posted by Bluebirds.
Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Bill Withers, more also make the 2015 nominee list

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2015 Nominees:
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Chic
Green Day
Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
Kraftwerk
The Marvellettes
N.W.A.
Nine Inch Nails
Lou Reed
The Smiths
The Spinners
Sting
Stevie Ray Vaughan

Lou Reed, NIN, Green Day top 2015 nominees for Rock Hall - LA Times. Link posted by Robert and also Steve.

The 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees Fan Vote - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Link posted by Uncleskinny.
Cast your vote for the nominees you believe to be most deserving of induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! The top five artists, as selected by the public, will comprise a fans’ ballot that will be tallied along with the other ballots to choose the 2015 inductees.

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you kidding? Morrissey adores and craves being the top of any list.

http://rockhall.com/voting/2015-rock-hall-nominees-fan-vote/

*EDIT*

Needs more work...

kU9fNPK.jpg

P.

Pretty tough competition IMO. Green Day and NIN have left quite a mark on the US rock scene. Lou Reed is a legend...VU and all. And The Spinners...Philly represent! Stevie Ray being "Late" adds a few more votes his way. Joan Jett's catalog could be considered "thin", but she is influential given she is one of a number of very few women to front a successful rock band.

It is not supposed to be the US Hall of Fame, but I think it will take a lot more to push the Smith's into the Hall. Let's hope for knowledgeable, aware voters, and if The Smiths are voted in I hope they can be adult enough to show up together. There is no need for them to perform, but it would be a shame to waste a once in a lifetime moment to accept an honor that each of them earned even if it is argued on this site as to the degree each is deserved.

I care not for the RRHOF, but here are the fan results after just this morning's voting.

1. Stevie Ray Vaughan 19.55%
2. Green Day 15.94%
3. Nine Inch Nails 8.94%
4. Joan Jett & the Blackhearts 8.47%
5. Lou Reed 8.30%
6. Sting 7.53%
7. The Smiths 6.41%
8. Bill Withers 4.98%
9. War 3.92%
10. N.W.A 3.62%
11. The Spinners 3.04%
12. Kraftwerk 2.93%
13. The Paul Butterfield Blues Band 2.47%
14. The Marvelettes 2.37%

do they go solely on fan vote?

You do realise, if they did get inducted, the only four Smiths who would turn up would be Mike Joyce, Andy Rourke, Craig Gannon and Dale Hibbert? Maybe they could play 'Money Changes Everything' - that would be quite interesting.

What a headache if they won though.

I don't mind that they don't get in by the fact that terrible band like green day would. They've sold many a record but not many of them good.

Oh. Good god. This could be very interesting indeed.

Will the "lawnmower repair man" get onto the stage.

I KNOW that's bitchy, but I don't care.

x

Tags
cancer hall of fame marr morrissey the smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom