The Smiths nominated for Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame 2016

Where can I cast my vote to have them removed from the nominations?

Amen, they aren't a band that need a star in the rock'n rocll hall of fame.

:thumb:

Yep it's just a perfunctory waste of space and time. Anyone gunning for the Smiths to take part in this farcical ceremony clearly have no idea what The Smiths were and still are about.

Yep it's just a perfunctory waste of space and time. Anyone gunning for the Smiths to take part in this farcical ceremony clearly have no idea what The Smiths were and still are about.

Agreed, but the fact remains they should still be in there.

Never gonna happen, Morrissey has burned any bridge of a chance the Smiths had, but who gives a f***? It's the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Never gonna happen, Morrissey has burned any bridge of a chance the Smiths had, but who gives a f***? It's the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Yeah I highly doubt he's inching to follow in Janet Jackson's footsteps :)

It doesn't really matter what you think of the honor. The point is that most bands that are inducted show up to the ceremony, and many perform. That makes it interesting whatever the odds may be of any of this happening.

It doesn't really matter what you think of the honor. The point is that most bands that are inducted show up to the ceremony, and many perform. That makes it interesting whatever the odds may be of any of this happening.

perhaps but id doubt he show to play a reunion set. if he turned down marrs request i dont think hell do it for the rock and roll hall of fame

Completely agree.

Smiths currently in 12th place.

Can't believe Yes is first. I think they were awful.

- - - Updated - - -

If inducted, would they reunite to perform? Wouldn't that be awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

But I'm still going to vote for them.

Can't believe Yes is first. I think they were awful.

- - - Updated - - -

If inducted, would they reunite to perform? Wouldn't that be awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

But I'm still going to vote for them.

i can believe it. fans of the rock and roll hotel tend to be classic rock fans in general imo. i expected yes or a deep purple type of band

All the other bands on that list are total shite. Morrissey and Marr should request that The Smiths are removed from that idiotic and useless award. Surely it has zero credibility if the likes of Jackoff Jacksin is on the list.

All the other bands on that list are total shite. Morrissey and Marr should request that The Smiths are removed from that idiotic and useless award. Surely it has zero credibility if the likes of Jackoff Jacksin is on the list.

Not to mention that none of them are actual rock and roll bands, except maybe the J.B.'s. The absurdity of inducting these groups in to a hall of fame for "Rock and Roll" is a complete joke.

We're so far removed from this, what's even the point?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Cars weren't the greatest band but they definitely weren't shit. I think they deserve being inducted.

The Cars weren't the greatest band but they definitely weren't shit. I think they deserve being inducted.

Inducted into a prehistoric histrionic haggard haggis of regurgitated rectal rubbish masquerading as finger on the pulse artistic awareness.

the Smiths were/ are as Brittish as as the Big Ben, therefor alone would a star in rock hall of fame be incorrect,
they never were afeter getting prices and awards, yes their albums got sold well because we bought them.

- - - Updated - - -

well Chic, can get my vote, because of Nile Rogers, once a member of Chic

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom