The Smiths Official YT: "What Difference Does It Make?" - TOTP '84 (January 20, 2021)

Screenshot_20210120-162608~2.png

(Perhaps a nod to the debated release date? I remember buying it on the Monday back then, but what do I know!?).
Regards,
FWD.

One of the greatest TOTP appearances by any band ever,
A “Bowie” moment paving the way forward for Britpop and everything else that followed.
I love the dance moves at the start when Moz is on one foot, and moving backwards....

Every single thing about this video is why The Smiths were so perfect and why they will never be tarnished or pushed from their place in music history. Plus it's still an amazing song and hasn't aged a day. Peerless.

One of the greatest TOTP appearances by any band ever,
A “Bowie” moment paving the way forward for Britpop and everything else that followed.
I love the dance moves at the start when Moz is on one foot, and moving backwards....
It was a curious decision, to omit the microphone. But one that helped with the dancing.

It was a curious decision, to omit the microphone. But one that helped with the dancing.
I would presume that the smiths offered to do a live performance and were turned down, Hence the wild dancing and lack of a microscope, so he could make his point...
A few acts back in the day wanted to do a live performance and were turned down, so the various singers would refuse to have a microphone..
I’m sure I seen the wedding present lead singer just stand there and do nothing, not even pretending to mime, or move....
Just stared up to the heavens...
Another solid preference...

I would presume that the smiths offered to do a live performance and were turned down, Hence the wild dancing and lack of a microscope, so he could make his point...
A few acts back in the day wanted to do a live performance and were turned down, so the various singers would refuse to have a microphone..
I’m sure I seen the wedding present lead singer just stand there and do nothing, not even pretending to mime, or move....
Yes, it was the Brassneck single. Great days.

Yes, it was the Brassneck single. Great days.
Ah yes , seen it on BBC4 the other week, I think that was the year they released 12 singles in a year, one a month....
What a preference that was, if I knew how to post it on here I would...

You should have a look at the official video, stands the same way whilst getting battered about by dancers.

Ah yes , seen it on BBC4 the other week, I think that was the year they released 12 singles in a year, one a month....
No it wasn't the same year. 1992 was the year of the 12 singles, mate.

No more apologies - quite

It is hardly a comment on the Biden inauguration today? People celebrate like mad when there is a new president. And then nothing changes. Although in fairness it is hard not to celebrate the exit of Don Chump and his ridiculous hair-minge (I don't mean his feline faced wife).

Yah it's funny. New Order did most of theirs live and it sounded shite, and according to Barney Sumner the single always nosedived off the charts after TOTP. But Moz sings well live and it's a pity the stiff arses in the BBC didn't let the artists decide for themselves.
Robert Smith was ordered to tone down his look for Lullaby in '89. Would have loved to have seen the version Robert wanted.

It is hardly a comment on the Biden inauguration today? People celebrate like mad when there is a new president. And then nothing changes. Although in fairness it is hard not to celebrate the exit of Don Chump and his ridiculous hair-minge (I don't mean his feline faced wife).

No it wasn't the same year. 1992 was the year of the 12 singles, mate.
Right now I'm listening to the '92 Zenith concert on Beethoven Was Deaf vinyl. I've had it since '93. Where did all of the time go?

Right now I'm listening to the '92 Zenith concert on Beethoven Was Deaf vinyl. I've had it since '93. Where did all of the time go?
Still feels like yesterday.
Older you get, the faster time seems to pass. :(

Was that The Smiths cd single reissues? I bought How Soon Is Now, This Charming Man, There Is A Light, 2 different CDs for each. Were there 9 other releases that year? My memory must be a fog full of ghost sailors with hooks.

images-w1400-770x470.jpeg

Was that The Smiths cd single reissues? I bought How Soon Is Now, This Charming Man, There Is A Light, 2 different CDs for each. Were there 9 other releases that year? My memory must be a fog full of ghost sailors with hooks.

images-w1400-770x470.jpeg
He's meaning The Wedding Present released 12 singles, 1 every month for the year.
The 3 Smiths cd's were nice, was it 7 different mixes of This Charming Man on the 2nd cd ?

Last edited:
Fave song on there is NF disco...where the guitars go on forever.....
We might release this as a single,
Do you think it will be a hit? (Deathly silence) errr what!!!
I don’t think Moz has ever had a hit single in France, or has he?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom