The Smiths Remastered CD and 180g Vinyl LP's

Dave2006

For hard core collectors only me-thinks...

According to an email from Record Store this morning:

On March 26th The Smiths are issuing the individual remastered CD's and 180g Vinyl LP's from the 'Complete Deluxe Collectors Box Set'.
This eight album collection is the ultimate The Smiths remasters collection.
The collection includes all four of the band's studio albums - 'The Smiths' (1984), 'Meat Is Murder' (1985), 'The Queen Is Dead' (1986), 'Strangeways, Here We Come' (1987) and their sole live album 'Rank' (1988) as well as firm fan favourite compilations 'Hatful Of Hollow' (1984), ?The World Won?t Listen' (1987) and 'Louder Than Bombs' (1987). Each has been taken back to original tape sources and remastered by master-engineer Frank Arkwright, assisted by Johnny Marr at the world famous Metropolis Studios in London.​

All available to pre order now (before they sell out!) http://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/Smiths-Remasters/

Dave

Hi Dave

I think you would need to be an ultra hard core collector to buy the vinyl, surely most of us collectors would have already have all the vinyl in the 'limited' boxset. The cd's are more likely to sell to the casual fan.

Isn't it funny that you can still buy the 'limited' vinyl boxset new from all the usual places.

Hi Dave

I think you would need to be an ultra hard core collector to buy the vinyl, surely most of us collectors would have already have all the vinyl in the 'limited' boxset. The cd's are more likely to sell to the casual fan.

Isn't it funny that you can still buy the 'limited' vinyl boxset new from all the usual places.

Well ULTRA ULTRA hard core collector....I would say!
Cheers Moz

another easy way of hearing it
is
SPOTIFY
for free
:)

-Ms V.G.

I believe you should be an ultra serious collector to purchase the vinyl, surely the majority of us enthusiasts might have curently have all of the vinyl within the 'limited' boxset. The cd's may target the sporadic fan.

Back
Top Bottom