The Smiths vs Michael Jackson - "Oscillate With You" (BRAT Mashup)

Susie sends the link:

The Smiths vs Michael Jackson - "Oscillate With You" (BRAT Mashup) - BRAT Productions

TRACKS:
The Smiths - "Oscillate Wildly" (Slightly Re-edited Album Version)
Michael Jackson - "Rock With You" (Acapella from unnamed source)

DESCRIPTION:
Where do I start? Before Smiths fans get pissed off at me, let me try to explain...

I've always loved Oscillate Wildly. It's a great song. I've also always loved Michael Jackson's "Off The Wall" album (specifically "Rock With You"). Yeah...you can have Thriller. I'll take Off The Wall anyday.

When the acapella for MJ floated into my inbox, I nearly shit myself. I spent a few hours trying to think of a suitable song. As much as I didn't want to face it, The Smiths song was a perfect fit.

I know some people get bent out of shape when I mix genres like this, but I don't understand why. It's all good music. What's the problem?

Last edited:
Saw this yesterday. Didn't post it as I don't like it. Not that it is violating anything sacred. It just doesn't work for me. The mix is not good.

Mark Vidler is the king of mashups. If you can find his Smiths/Derstiny's Child mashup, How Soon Is Independence, you'll be amazed. If might be somewhere on this page...

http://www.gohomeproductions.co.uk/mp3.html

I think Marr objected a few years ago and had it taken down, so it's difficult to find, but worth the chase.

P.

I like the certain parts that totally come together with MJ's voice.
Some other sections... not so much..

it's just the piano bit, the rest is Jackson, it's cerainly not Bad... just nice hearing.

I take a bow for the person who mashed it

'and they say he's mentall' ... smooth fatty....

Last edited:
I didn't like this mash-up that much, but I must admit - his other one, "This Charming Mash", is gorgeous and went into my "special" mix-tape. And the one Uncleskinny mentioned is also lots of fun, thank you for that!

To me, it just sounds like Oscillate Wildly is being played while Michael Jackson's song is playing...it doesn't seem like much of a mashup...just two songs being played concurrently; which, yes, I understand...that is what a mashup is...but this just seems like lazy mixing.

Back
Top Bottom