The Smiths YT/Rhino: "Top Of The Pops Performances, HD Remastered Videos + Competition" (July 6, 2020)

20200706_192636.jpg

Links to:

20200706_192653.jpg

Links to:

20200706_192752.jpg

"Follow The Smiths and the 'The Smiths Best Of' playlist on Spotify and be entered for a chance to win a set of LPs, ‘Rank’, ‘Hatful Of Hollow’, ‘Louder Than Bombs’ and ‘The World Won't Listen’."

Links to:

Via promotional email.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Of all the things to *cough* Remaster..."Ask"?
í was annoyed by that 'film' then, í hate it soundly now. Twee naff awful student film crap. Jarman used The Smiths, but he never 'got' them. Probably barely listened to the songs.

But yeah, sure, if that's HD, í am now Richard Gere's hamster...

Can we get a HD remaster of November Spawned A Monster, please?

It's important. For science.

I’m in the process of remastering some 70mm, 16fps WWI footage. It’s gonna be 8K HD, when I’m done. LOL!

Is anyone around her not a complete and utter nutter?

Oh - wait... This is a Morrissey site for his 14 fans. Not a single shred of knowledge or integrity among them.

Fak Arf.

Can I get an HD remaster of Melvis driving the wrong way down the street in Italy, getting pulled over and then acting like he was owed something for the trouble? ...preferably with audio?

Thanks and regards,

The Management.

Would love to see those Smiths backstage videos in HD! The quality of the videos on YouTube looks like it was shot in 1895.

I remember vividly as a young child watching this performance of HKIMN on Top of the Pops. I didn't know what to make of it to be honest. Like a visitor from another planet. It was around this time I think that The Smiths became big enough to parody. By 1986 this was shown on the late-night Channel 4 sketch show 'Who Dares Wins' and it's clearly a parody of HKIMN. You know you're big when you're parodied on TV. Sorry for the squirm factor but thought I would share...

Hey! What a great competition.

Nobody around here is entering because we all know that Marr, Rourke and Joyce have NOTHING to do with Uncle Mester’s raving sales and reviews as a solo artist, of late.

He’s done it all on his own and ended up swimming in cashmere, accolades, vodka and Kerrygold.

...and the 14 wonder why we come here. There’s nowhere else in the world that we can watch scrapers pine and opine for a cartoon character. The studios may be on hiatus, but Melvis is doing his level-best to let you know that he’s got something up his sleeve.

*Shhhhh. Nobody’s supposed to know that it’s a fake-ass vegan, PETA-felching, dead-star and poet raping conspiracy.

Fak Arf.

I remember vividly as a young child watching this performance of HKIMN on Top of the Pops. I didn't know what to make of it to be honest. Like a visitor from another planet. It was around this time I think that The Smiths became big enough to parody. By 1986 this was shown on the late-night Channel 4 sketch show 'Who Dares Wins' and it's clearly a parody of HKIMN. You know you're big when you're parodied on TV. Sorry for the squirm factor but thought I would share...

That was great fun to watch as I’ve never seen that before... I had a mate who always took the piss and he always sung that line about people in Russia who never had nice shoes and I always thought where did he get that line from, well know I know, you have solved a 25 year mystery.. thank you. Like you also I can remember heaven knows on the pops and knew it was really odd and I never took to it either at first.. as they say... the rest is history...

That Melvis parody is spot on! ...although the music doesn’t even faintly resemble the sound of Marr, Rourke and Joyce. They were magical together. Incomparable. Shame about slow-burn of the ponce up front.

Moz's songs are all funnier than that! And he looks a bit too Bono.

Moz's songs are all funnier than that! And he looks a bit too Bono.

yeah - the voice and lyrics are definitely a bit Mozzeresque but the look is way off. like a weird combination of 80s indie and synth bands.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom