The Suicide Thread

r5V98.jpg

I was just playing that song. How strange and cool.

Am I Realitybites?

IMG_3114.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came across this video tonight when I Googled the name David Lewin... saw his name posted on a thread. Very touching and sad tribute to Margaret Dale. Puts a human face on a fan... who I otherwise never knew. Any death is a tragic loss. Especially one by suicide. I never, ever mocked Margaret's death... as was insinuated. I simply felt it was insulting to assume she was in a better place. It is tragic that she was not in a good place here, on Earth, with us. The idea of heaven is just not something to shoot for. Life is a better option because we know it is real... for certain. So sad. I am posting the video so that others can see it. And remember her. Everyone deserves to be remembered.

I am a suicide survivor. It is all too close to home, too near the bone. I don't share my story here because I don't want it to be exploited by certain people who use personal tragedy to hurt others.

I reacted angrily with Moz when he posted that message on True to You because I felt he was advocating suicide. I am firmly against it. Margaret was estranged from her family... according to her mother. No one should be alone. No one should be lonely. Depression is tragic and deadly. Reach out to someone if you can. Reach out if you need to talk to someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bullshit.

Just came across this video tonight when I Googled the name David Lewin... saw his name posted on a thread. Very touching and sad tribute to Margaret Dale. Puts a human face on a fan... who I otherwise never knew. Any death is a tragic loss. Especially one by suicide. I never, ever mocked Margaret's death... as was insinuated. I simply felt it was insulting to assume she was in a better place. It is tragic that she was not in a good place here, on Earth, with us. The idea of heaven is just not something to shoot for. Life is a better option because we know it is real... for certain. So sad. I am posting the video so that others can see it. And remember her. Everyone deserves to be remembered.

I am a suicide survivor. It is all too close to home, too near the bone. I don't share my story here because I don't want it to be exploited by certain people who use persona tragedy to hurt others.

I reacted angrily with Moz when he posted that message on True to You because I felt he was advocating suicide. I am firmly against it. Margaret was estranged from her family... according to her mother. No one should be alone. No one should be lonely. Depression is tragic and deadly. Reach out to someone if you can. Reach out if you need to talk to someone.

I, too, have been touched by suicide, and the threat of it.

'Asleep' sung by a 23/4 year old survivor of 8 years of underemployment and depression is not the same context as the song sung by a 54 year old Hollywood millionaire entertainer. Morrissey has dubiously flirted with suicide motifs once too often. However, when he faced recent health challenges he used his privilege to ensure top class private medical attention. He has had the time and money to access the very best therapists to resolve his 'issues'. Instead, he seems to cling to his dysfunction as a badge of honour, or it's a sham brand.

Given his recent illness and decision to treat it rather than allow it to run its' course, he will surely be circumspect before tritely indulging this flirtation again. I thought the 'tribute' to this woman was reprehensible, given it ended with another tiresome attack on fellow celebrities.

I have recovered from depression and I am aware that it was partly due to my privilege (postcode lottery-I live in an area with excellent public health, not all NHS treatment is the same) and partly due to sourcing nourishing art that did not indulge Thanatos blithely. Morrissey chose not to follow Kurt and Richie and, indeed, was facile enough to state he felt 'jealous' of Kurt, as if that act of abandoning a baby daughter was some signifier of existential courage rather than drug-addled dislocation and vanity.

Morrissey loves Switzerland. If he tires of life again, and finds his Anomie untreatable despite his wealth and privilege, he can arrange his voluntary extinction at Dignitas or another such facility:

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss_news/Mental_illness_tests_assisted_suicide_norms.html?cid=29585264

regards.

Brummie...don't be fooled by realitybites pitiful attempt to set the the record straight that she is a "kind" person with this pathetic post. It's not about suicide. It's not about Margaret Dale. It's not about David Lewin. It's about HER. The purpose of this post is to drop the idea that Margaret was ESTRANGED FROM HER FAMILY so her calculated dismissal of a COMMON CONDOLENCE that "she is in a better place" could be rationalized as NOT AS COLD AS IT APPEARS. She forgot in her zeal to be an Atheist Bible Thumper that maybe her family would be reading as she completely derailed the thread for the glorification of HER OWN CAUSE, NOT THE MEMORY of Margaret Dale. She is an egotistical, selfish, hateful woman who is more interested in ALLEGIANCE than anything remotely resembling discussion or talk. She found allegiance with halfwits, now they're gone. But while they were here, she enabled them, who in the same thread DID mock suicide, DID ask if Morrissey's mother was dead yet, DID put the W in SOLOW, she stood back and laughed, never stopping them or asking them to do what's "kind." She had more at stake to let them ruin the memorium thread, her friends, than to say, "Oh, maybe this is all inappropriate." And she'll do it again. At the end of the day she wants to be thought of as the smartest, skinniest, funnest person, EVEN if it means telling herself that she is, EVEN if it means ripping apart a condolence thread. She is the epitome of a piece of shit masquerading as an intellectual.

Brummie...don't be fooled by realitybites pitiful attempt to set the the record straight that she is a "kind" person with this pathetic post. It's not about suicide. It's not about Margaret Dale. It's not about David Lewin. It's about HER. The purpose of this post is to drop the idea that Margaret was ESTRANGED FROM HER FAMILY so her calculated dismissal of a COMMON CONDOLENCE that "she is in a better place" could be rationalized as NOT AS COLD AS IT APPEARS. She forgot in her zeal to be an Atheist Bible Thumper that maybe her family would be reading as she completely derailed the thread for the glorification of HER OWN CAUSE, NOT THE MEMORY of Margaret Dale. She is an egotistical, selfish, hateful woman who is more interested in ALLEGIANCE than anything remotely resembling discussion or talk. She found allegiance with halfwits, now they're gone. But while they were here, she enabled them, who in the same thread DID mock suicide, DID ask if Morrissey's mother was dead yet, DID put the W in SOLOW, she stood back and laughed, never stopping them or asking them to do what's "kind." She had more at stake to let them ruin the memorium thread, her friends, than to say, "Oh, maybe this is all inappropriate." And she'll do it again. At the end of the day she wants to be thought of as the smartest, skinniest, funnest person, EVEN if it means telling herself that she is, EVEN if it means ripping apart a condolence thread. She is the epitome of a piece of shit masquerading as an intellectual.

Crystal, even if RB is this massive piece of pseudo intellectual shit, why are you SO bothered about the supposed insincere cack that she posts? I mean its not as if any of this shit matters in the grand scheme of things, I think 95% of people on here seem f***ed up but what's the point worrying about it? Honestly CG you just need to let it go, even if you're right. Nobody really gives a f*** about each other on here. A least I don't.

Crystal, even if RB is this massive piece of pseudo intellectual shit, why are you SO bothered about the supposed insincere cack that she posts? I mean its not as if any of this shit matters in the grand scheme of things, I think 95% of people on here seem f***ed up but what's the point worrying about it? Honestly CG you just need to let it go, even if you're right. Nobody really gives a f*** about each other on here. A least I don't.

I think this thought every day. I dunno, mozza. Some people bitch about Conservatives and Liberals. Some people bitch about the economy. I bitch about a person floating around spinning a web of phoniness like an ego-monster ghost in SOLOman's temple. It's not even particularly about her or the shitheads she's convincing, it's about her actions. They speak to a certain uneasy falsehood rampant in society itself.

The whole point of suicide needing an assist, is that the person presumably is too physically incapable of doing the deed him/herself... and does not have access to the means--the drugs. The latter is the central point here. There is gatekeeping going on. Controlling the means--the drugs--is a way of deciding who gets to have a quick and painless death and who will have to resort to more gruesome methods. Bedridden, terminally ill persons have limited means. Most likely, death by hanging, gunshot, or jumping are not viable options. If they had a stockpile of barbiturates handy, no doctor would be necessary.

Doctor assisted suicide is overkill... an elaborately orchestrated drip of death. All the person really needs is a gram of one of the three major barbiturates (10-15 pills), an empty stomach, and an antiemetic suppository. Of course the drip may be the only option for persons who cannot swallow or stomach pills.

Hospice assists in death as well. It's called the ten day morphine drip. Morphine given in small doses shuts down the brain. The patients stop eating and drinking. They die of starvation. These patients would not die if not given the morphine. They could live for many more weeks or even months. Wouldn't one quick lethal dose of morphine be preferable? A quick and painless death from the drug and not lack of nourishment? Oh no, that would be murder. Please! Semantics. Give me the lethal dose if I am at death's door. Write me a prescription for the barbiturates so I have access to them when I need them. Because I am all for suicide when one is terminally ill or very old. Everybody should have a stockpile of barbiturates available in case they need them. Just be sure to check for expiration dates. May need to replace the old pills with new ones.

But in the case of a person suffering a crisis, suicide is not the solution. It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Intervention is the solution. Put hope back in the depressed person's life. Do everything possible to help him/her see that there is even the tiniest possibility that they will not feel despondent in the future. Things may change. Many of the 26 persons who have jumped off the Golden Gate bridge and survived stated they regretted their decisions midair. And many, if not most, suicide survivors are glad they were not successful. Many go on to live more meaningful lives and never attempt suicide again.

2h5ves6.jpg

If you knew your source material, you would know this statement is facetious. Sarcasm. So you are pondering what I said and want to hear more? Use your words, not other people's gifs.

Back
Top Bottom