"The Uncle Is Dead" Live in Dallas 1991

spazrock

I got this from another site online, I have never heard this or seen the "Live in Dallas" video, I wish it would get released in the USA on DVD. Also, the day this show was recorded was my 10th birthday!!! :) Enjoy!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CYSWQY4O

320kbps

From http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/

17 June 1991
Starplex, Dallas, TX

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
Interesting Drug
Piccadilly Palare
Trash
Sing Your Life
King Leer
Asian Rut
Mute Witness
November Spawned A Monster
Will Never Marry
Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends
That's Entertainment
Our Frank
Suedehead
/Everyday Is Like Sunday
This concert turned out to be one of the wildests of this tour. Morrissey and the band were in their element, feeding off the energy and enthusiasm of the fans which almost equalled that of the California fans. However the concert had to be cut short by one song because of a massive stage invasion, something that didn't happen in California. This has very likely prompted Morrissey's decision to release this concert on video.
In "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys", Morrissey made the usual changes but actually sang "Ronnie Kray do you know my ways", which was completely new. The first fans to make it up on stage did so on "King Leer". From then on the flow would almost be constant to the end. Sometimes people would make it up on their own, but occasionally they were given a hand my Morrissey himself. In "Mute Witness", the man illustrated the subject of the song by lying on his back on the front monitors, as if he was dead, with a flower on his crotch. During "November Spawned A Monster" there were even more fans on stage, sometimes 2 or 3 at a time... the audience's excitement was building up and at the end of that song, it broke into a chant of Morrissey's name.

The live arrangement of "That's Entertainment" still ended in a frantic drum and guitar outro, and at the end of this date's performance, Boz trashed his guitar. Fan-favourite "Suedehead" brought another big surge of fans up on stage. One of them even jumped on Morrissey and wrapped her legs around him while bouncing up and down. Surprisingly Morrissey seemed to handle this perfectly well without falling over or losing his lines. This marked the end of the main set.

After a short break, the band was cheered back on and Morrissey said "We would like to say thank you to everybody, but a very special thank you to the brave ones...". This was certainly aimed at the stage invaders and the message was not lost. The first planned encore was "Everyday Is Like Sunday" but the song was never finished because within a minute or two the stage was flooded with fans. Morrissey managed to escape in the melée, leaving his band to finish the song as an instrumental while fans were dancing on stage. Alain picked up singing duties for the chorus but soon the band put an end to the song and also escaped. They left the whole stage filled with people running around, showing off and jumping back into the pit. The planned second encore "Disappointed" was obviously forgotten. The house lights went back on and the outro music signalled that it was time for people to leave the venue, something they eventually did after chanting Morrissey's name in vain for some time.

This whole concert was officially released in 1992 on video under the title "Live In Dallas". The quality of the performances and the events described above make up for the fact that it was shot from only two angles. The video is currently in print on DVD.

The audio from the "Live In Dallas" video mentioned above has been transfered to bootleg cds and MP3 files. The quality of the latter is thus excellent. Some of the cds go under the titles "The Uncle Is Dead", "Dallas Live" or "Live In Dallas".

Yeh great DVD pity about him been dragged off like that though I mean its a nice calm vid with people getting up and hugging him one guy gives him a chain takes it off and puts it over moz's head but towards then end it just gets crazy im surprised he didnt get hurt.

yes it was an excellent gig but a pity those twits at the end had to ruin it.

is this the dvd? i have the soundboard recording (i think, it might've been the audio from the dvd) and it didn't sound too horrible.

Back
Top Bottom