Morrissey Central "THE WORLD IS APPARENTLY LISTENING …" (July 29, 2020)

Between 40 and 50 seconds, Skinny loves it. And you can spot him throughout, dancing away.

what a dick,he looks even worse than i thought.skinny,c u next tuesday.

if its MANY then you can share them with us.
is morrissey to live the life of an altar boy,i will be out booz
Marr mentions him drinking pint after pint when they met up in 2009. The Israeli film-maker who wrote recently about his meeting with Morrissey in a hotel bar mentioned he drank a fair bit. Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. I'm sure Google can offer you further evidence. Even this website has a few topics on the very subject.
As for living like an altar boy, no-one but you has suggested that as an option. I am indifferent as to how much Morrissey drinks and how much you drink. If your life is so psychologically punishing that you need to drink heavily at the weekend that's your business, I'm not going to judge you on it, not least because I've packed away a fair few litres myself over the years.

I keep saying this - but Morrissey's main publicity problem is that he's withdrawn entirely from the media & isn't on the showbiz circuit. He doesn't even post or interact on social media.

No one really knows where is head is at & no one is talking to him so it's easy to buy into the idea that he's aggressive or bigoted.

He's not said anything he couldn't walk back from. There's no hate-filled diatribes & the conspiracy theories are mild repetitions of things floating round the internet.

Anne Marie Waters has gone to the far right - but is extremely peculiar & batshit. She appears to believe she's saving us from racists by being sensible about issues other parties are ignoring - which was nearly true a couple of years ago, but isn't now.

& I have no idea how she can convince herself that using the power of the state & the law to classify & monitor skin shade to keep Britain majority white (a marker we have never defined ourselves by) & stop citizens from expressing themselves in UnBritish ways isn't horrifying fascism - but she has.

And I would hope Morrissey would finally twig that if he hates the police, the police turning up at your door because your skin & being alive might violate our skin colour quota laws or because you have an UnBritish belief, is terrifying.

For Britain is literally everything Morrissey hates - so I don't know if it's denial or a nervous breakdown.

Anyway - if he pulls himself together, he'll be fine.

And if he doesn't, this weirdness will eventually be forgotten, because politics is always in its day & art goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marr mentions him drinking pint after pint when they met up in 2009. The Israeli film-maker who wrote recently about his meeting with Morrissey in a hotel bar mentioned he drank a fair bit. Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. I'm sure Google can offer you further evidence. Even this website has a few topics on the very subject.
As for living like an altar boy, no-one but you has suggested that as an option. I am indifferent as to how much Morrissey drinks and how much you drink. If your life is so psychologically punishing that you need to drink heavily at the weekend that's your business, I'm not going to judge you on it, not least because I've packed away a fair few litres myself over the years.
please,judge me.i thought we left this subject 2 hours ago,you have obviously been doing a bit of detective work.i like a few pints on a friday night and thats me till the next friday,can take it or leave it.

People who have become infamous are not heritage acts & don't get nostalgic audiences.

He'll get people who love the songs & who aren't easily swayed by media or social media & who don't care about out of context misquotes.
You seem a little muddled here. When radio stations stop playing your songs, you attract only a tiny number of new/young fans, and you effectively become a heritage act with everyone cheering for the old stuff and largely unfamiliar with the new. Other acts from steve's era have suffered a similar fate eg lloyd cole, the wedding present etc. Virtually no-one under 45 at the shows, and no one interested in the new songs. Steve has avoided this up to now thanks to radio support and accompanying decent sales of new releases. That has ended abruptly because of we-know-what and he now joins his peers on the 'heritage act with aging fanbase' circuit.

You seem a little muddled here. When radio stations stop playing your songs, you attract only a tiny number of new/young fans, and you effectively become a heritage act with everyone cheering for the old stuff and largely unfamiliar with the new. Other acts from steve's era have suffered a similar fate eg lloyd cole, the wedding present etc. Virtually no-one under 45 at the shows, and no one interested in the new songs. Steve has avoided this up to now thanks to radio support and accompanying decent sales of new releases. That has ended abruptly because of we-know-what and he now joins his peers on the 'heritage act with aging fanbase' circuit.

Steve ?

You seem to not know what words mean.

Heritage act doesn't mean no one under 45 remembers you because you're not on the radio.

And the last gig he played in the uk had plenty of under 45s including myself.

You hate him regardless, so drop dead.

I'm interested in him & his publicity - not your pathology.

Has there ever been a more self-referencing artist than Morrissey? Every post is some pun or play on one of his lyrics, song titles, or album titles. Rather than appear cute or charming, it reeks of narcissism. His emotional and intellectual development appears to have halted in the teen bedsit from which he sprang.

Has there ever been a more self-referencing artist than Morrissey? Every post is some pun or play on one of his lyrics, song titles, or album titles. Rather than appear cute or charming, it reeks of narcissism. His emotional and intellectual development appears to have halted in the teen bedsit from which he sprang.
hold on tight,we have got another one,the new member who thinks hes it and a bit.

I keep saying this - but Morrissey's main publicity problem is that he's withdrawn entirely from the media & isn't on the showbiz circuit. He doesn't even post or interact on social media.

No one really knows where is head is at & no one is talking to him so it's easy to buy into the idea that he's aggressive or bigoted.

He's not said anything he couldn't walk back from. There's no hate-filled diatribes & the conspiracy theories are mild repetitions of things floating round the internet.

Anne Marie Waters has gone to the far right - but is extremely peculiar & batshit. She appears to believe she's saving us from racists by being sensible about issues other parties are ignoring - which was nearly true a couple of years ago, but isn't now.

& I have no idea how she can convince herself that using the power of the state & the law to classify & monitor skin shade to keep Britain majority white (a marker we have never defined ourselves by) & stop citizens from expressing themselves in UnBritish ways isn't horrifying fascism - but she has.

And I would hope Morrissey would finally twig that if he hates the police, the police turning up at your door because your skin & being alive might violate our skin colour quota laws or because you have an UnBritish belief, is terrifying.

For Britain is literally everything Morrissey hates - so I don't know if it's denial or a nervous breakdown.

Anyway - if he pulls himself together, he'll be fine.

And if he doesn't, this weirdness will eventually be forgotten, because politics is always in its day & art goes on.
Nerak, I really wish you understood Morrissey more. There is no nervous breakdown or weirdness. Moz simply feels how most British people currently feel - that their country is, piece by piece, disappearing and being handed over to people who have no love or attachment to it.

Moz despises both Labour and Tory - he made this clear in 'Irish Blood English Heart' and had said so many times since. This makes him no different to most working class people. Look at the North - working class Northeners voted Tory last time round not because they love or even like them, but because they now hate Labour (as Labour has ignored their concerns and shown nothing but contempt for them.)

Anyone socially and politically aware (which despite being famous Moz certainly is) is going to be looking for alternatives. For Britain is among the list of these alternatives. It's not a hate group or a Neo-nazi party - in fact it seems very sensible. Yes, it wants to reduce the high immigration that is currently swamping the country and changing it irrevocably - but even Labour was anti-immigration at one stage recently with their mugs (or at least pretended to be).

I understand implicitly why Moz has turned to Anne Marie Waters and her party - yet you still seem mystified as if Moz should have "woken up" by now and realised he was somehow "mistaken". But it's not going to happen.

You really need to get your head around it by talking to more people who share his views about how the country is not changing for the better. Only this will help you to understand that most British people now despise all the main parties and - if they haven't already - will soon be looking elsewhere for alternatives.

In our "1984" climate people may not be shouting their true opinions from the rooftops, but it's obvious that people are dissatisfied and the results show every time there is a vote. Get talking to the public on a strictly "off the record" basis and you will learn things that may surprise you.

Last edited:
Only this will help you to understand that most British people now despise all the main parties and - if they haven't already - will soon be looking elsewhere for alternatives.
That must be why, at the 2019 General Election, Labour and Tories between them secured over 75% of votes cast, over 24 million votes. And the far right parties got almost no votes at all.

I

Nerak, I really wish you understood Morrissey more. There is no nervous breakdown or weirdness. Moz feels how most british people currently feel - that their country is, piece by piece, disappearing and being handed over to people who have no love or attachment to it.

Moz despises both Labour and Tory - he made this clear in Irish Blood English Heart and had said so many times since. This makes him no different to most working class people. Look at the North - working class Northeners voted Tory last time round not because they love or even like them but because they hate Labour (as Labour has ignored their concerns and shown nothing but contempt for them.)

Anyone socially and politically aware (which despite being famous Moz certainly is) is going to be looking for alternatives. For Britain is among the list of these alternatives. It's not a hate group or a Neo-nazi party - in fact it seems very sensible.Yes, it wants to reduce the high immigration that is currently swamping the country and changing it irrevocably - but even Labour was anti-immigration at one stage recently with their mugs (or at least pretended to be).

I understand implicitly why Moz has turned to Anne Marie waters and her party - yet yo still seem mystified as if Moz should have "woken up" by now and realised he was "mistaken". It's not going to happen and you really need to get your head around it by talking to more people who share his views about how the country is not changing for the better. Only this will help you to understand that most British people now despise all the main parties - and if they haven't already - will soon be looking elsewhere for alternatives..

He hasn't said that.

If you mean talk to people like you & the people you admire, then I have - they're racist, fascist, Neo-Nazis & if he agrees with you then he's a racist, fascist, Neo-Nazi, he's wasting his time denying it & he's supporting people who hate him for his sexuality & don't give a shit about animals.

Anne Marie is all over the place like a lunatic.

Central has been focusing on animal rights & opposing the police.

That must be why, at the 2019 General Election, Labour and Tories between them secured over 75% of votes cast, over 24 million votes. And the far right parties got almost no votes at all.

Those total bastards jump on every wedge issue & think them pretending to agree with reasonable points is the public coming over to their side.

It doesn't matter how many times they say 'only the far right are talking about x, y, z' - any real issue will eventually get mainstream support & very few people will ever agree with their disgusting racist bullshit.

The reason for this is several. Firstly, if you want to vote for a "far right" party, how do you do this? Go down to your voting booth and most likely there will be no "far right party" box to tick.

Secondly, advertising. Labour and Tory are financed by super-rich patrons and companies etc. They do this strictly for "favours" of course, which is akin to the illegal practice of "backhanders" - but that's straying off the subject. My point is, it is very difficult to get the financing to start a promote a political party unless you have millionaire/billionaire backers.

Labour and Tory are the only parties that can afford to promote an promulgate their message - which is why there has been a two-party system in this country for almost 100 years now. In other words unless the whole voting political system changes, we will only ever be governed by Tory or Labour 9and it's looking now to only ever be Tory as (proper left wing) Labour have not been voted in since 1974.

This is the way the establishment likes things. No other party had the funds to grow. Also the press are Establishment (either Tory or labour) so they will always loudly denigrate smaller alternatives. Therefore you never get a chance to vote for them.

The reason for this is several. Firstly, if you want to vote for a "far right" party, how do you do this? Go down to your voting booth and most likely there will be no "far right party" box to tick.

Secondly, advertising. Labour and Tory are financed by super-rich patrons and companies etc. They do this strictly for "favours" of course, which is akin to the illegal practice of "backhanders" - but that's straying off the subject. My point is, it is very difficult to get the financing to start a promote a political party unless you have millionaire/billionaire backers.

Labour and Tory are the only parties that can afford to promote an promulgate their message - which is why there has been a two-party system in this country for almost 100 years now. In other words unless the whole voting political system changes, we will only ever be governed by Tory or Labour 9and it's looking now to only ever be Tory as (proper left wing) Labour have not been voted in since 1974.

This is the way the establishment likes things.

No, it's because you're racists & you're incredibly bad politicians.

And your vision of British culture is shit.

He hasn't said that.

If you mean talk to people like you & the people you admire, then I have - they're racist, fascist, Neo-Nazis & if he agrees with you then he's a racist, fascist, Neo-Nazi, he's wasting his time denying it & he's supporting people who hate him for his sexuality & don't give a shit about animals.

Anne Marie is all over the place like a lunatic.

Central has been focusing on animal rights & opposing the police.
Hang about, are Diane Abbott or Boris Johnson and the rest of them not all over the place like lunatics? Mainstream politicians are the most odious liars and cheats out there. They change their views whenever it suits them. They promise something one day then forget all about it, or even deny it.

AMW seems grounded and very sensible compared to any mainstream politician I can think of.

No, it's because you're racists & you're incredibly bad politicians.

And your vision of British culture is shit.
If you really are a Labour party member I'll offer you some advice.

Desist from calling working-class people who love their country "racist".

This halo-wearing sanctimoniousness is probably the number one reason why the Labour Party flopped at the last general election and will not gain power in the foreseeable future.

Unless of course you want the Tories to be in forever. Me, I'm not bothered as I see Tory and Labour as two sides of the same Establishment coin.

Last edited:
Hang about, are Diane Abbott or Boris Johnson and the rest of them not all over the place like lunatics? Mainstream politicians are the most odious liars and cheats out there. They change their views whenever it suits them. They promise something one day then forget all about it, or even deny it.

AMW seems grounded and very sensible compared to any mainstream politician I can think of.

Grounded? In one video she's wailing that she's not a racist & in the next she's talking about how her government will permanently remove anyone non-white who isn't British enough in her government's eyes.

She's worried about demographics??? Her demented policies are aimed at vegan racists who want a police state - how many are there? 1? None?

It's unbelievable that you think a shy Indie singer who has been clinically depressed since he was 14 & a batshit Irish lesbian are your path to power.

But that's why you never get any.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom