Morrissey Central "THE WORLD IS APPARENTLY LISTENING …" (July 29, 2020)

I still absolutely love it. His ultimate Summer-song. In hindsight it should have been the first single and should have been an international smash.

Nothing you say has any importance. You’ve been caught out lying on occasions and all you state is pointless stats.
Basically, you talk out your arse. Nonsense.

The theme is good ,but it is very popular there are hundreds of songs better than that ,like it but, as he sings it.
Moz is known all over the world but he is not popular luckily he is cult like The Smiths.
I would not like that Moz was popular,!!!!!
I am very selfish😁😁😁😁❤❤

Late-night vodka-fuelled Youtube trawl - "Remember when people bought my product? *sniff*"

We get it, Morrissey hurt your feelings. Shut the f*** up and move on. If you acted like this over an actual relationship breakup you'd probably be arrested for stalking.

Late-night vodka-fuelled Youtube trawl - "Remember when people bought my product? *sniff*"

As compared to your 24/7 trawling & shit-posting on a website devoted to a pop star you’re clearly still obsessed with.

Remember when anybody gave a shit what you thought about anything? No? Exactly! Cos it has literally never happened.

I'm pleased with its popularity, but surprised at that tbh; it's never been a favourite of mine.
I feel the same—I could never quite get over the bullet-gullet couplet. But it’s very catchy.

I still absolutely love it. His ultimate Summer-song. In hindsight it should have been the first single and should have been an international smash.
I had some bootleg version (perhaps from Janice Long?) for some time before its original release. It felt very familiar by the time it hit the shelves. As a consequence, I didn’t buy my copies until the second week of its release. Perhaps I wasn’t alone?

I had some bootleg version (perhaps from Janice Long?) for some time before its original release. It felt very familiar by the time it hit the shelves. As a consequence, I didn’t buy my copies until the second week of its release. Perhaps I wasn’t alone?
I recorded that interview with moz on the Janice long show, if I remember she played crashing bore, when she asked what the song was about , moz layed into Elton John.... think she played two more songs from Quarry, could have been Irish blood, but not to sure...

Perhaps, but I don’t mean in terms of first week-sales. More in terms of radio airplay and general appeal, it could or should have sold Moz to the masses.

It is quite telling that 16 years on if you compare First of the Gang to Die to most UK number 1’s from 2004, it clearly outperforms them, a sure testament to its lasting appeal.

Perhaps, but I don’t mean in terms of first week-sales. More in terms of radio airplay and general appeal, it could or should have sold Moz to the masses.

It is quite telling that 16 years on if you compare First of the Gang to Die to most UK number 1’s from 2004, it clearly outperforms them, a sure testament to its lasting appeal.

He's never been plugged enough - but he also has a habit of self-sabotaging.

I have to say, First of the Gang got loads of UK airplay.

I don't remember seeing him that often on tv though???

When I was small I had no idea that the lead singer of The Smiths & Morrissey were the same person. He was so burly & croony & The Smiths guy was skinny & yelpy. 😁

He did TOTP with this song I think.

In general he certainly played the game more than ever before or since in 2004, and was there ever an opportunity to have a UK number 1-single it was in that year.

I don't remember seeing him that often on tv though???

When I was small I had no idea that the lead singer of The Smiths & Morrissey were the same person. He was so burly & croony & The Smiths guy was skinny & yelpy. 😁
So at what point did the penny drop and you realised ???? I can remember the smiths getting plenty of air play even on radio 1... I vividly remember William, panic , ask , Sheila, bigmouth all being on radio and they were always on top of the pops as well..

He did TOTP with this song I think.

In general he certainly played the game more than ever before or since in 2004, and was there ever an opportunity to have a UK number 1-single it was in that year.
Actually he stood a better chance and got closer in 2006 with You Have Killed Me despite the dullness of the song. Had it been released the week before it would have sold enough for #1. Between 2004 and 2006, singles sales dropped quite a bit, and streaming had yet to begin so it was the best chance ever for a heritage act like Steve to hit the top spot.

So at what point did the penny drop and you realised ???? I can remember the smiths getting plenty of air play even on radio 1... I vividly remember William, panic , ask , Sheila, bigmouth all being on radio and they were always on top of the pops as well..

I wasn't alive!

It was my drama teacher who told me it was the same person.

Yes, Suedehead has 54 Million and Sunday 40 Million. A matter of time and First of the Gang will catch up with Sunday.
Suedehead (much) more popular than Sunday? I’m genuinely surprised.

Actually he stood a better chance and got closer in 2006 with You Have Killed Me despite the dullness of the song. Had it been released the week before it would have sold enough for #1. Between 2004 and 2006, singles sales dropped quite a bit, and streaming had yet to begin so it was the best chance ever for a heritage act like Steve to hit the top spot.

He's not a heritage act.

I'd sell him like an art house/exploitation film - he's too feel bad & off-kilter to be Sting.

Music marketing struggles with darkness unless it's packaged like Alice Cooper or Metallica. Or they bounce onto sofas to tell everyone about their coke habit & 500 girlfriends.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom