The world's oldest music store Spillers Records bans Morrissey albums

Morrissey banned. Let the book burning's begin..

Spillers Records bans Morrissey music over his support for the far right - Wales Online
The world's oldest record store said it was 'saddened but not surprised'

Excerpt:

The world's oldest record store Spillers Records in Cardiff has banned Morrissey records from its store.

The shop, in Morgan Arcade, is refusing to stock the singer's releases because of his continued support for the far-right.

However, one place you won't be able to buy the album is Cardiff's much loved independent record shop Spillers.

Ashli Todd, the owner of Spillers said: "I'm saddened but ultimately not surprised that Spillers is unable to stock Morrissey’s releases any longer. I only wished I’d done it sooner.”

full

Spillers owner Ashli Todd (Image: WalesOnline/Rob Browne)

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I know you genuinely enjoy winding people up on here (it's your time to spend as you see fit, so go for it!), but:

Obviously Bowie shagging a minor doesn't incite hate;
Obviously the Beatles taking LSD doesn't incite hate;
Obviously Phil Spector being a nutcase and killing someone doesn't incite hate;

Andy Partridge from XTC, however, extolling various Holocaust denial theories, is 100% feeding into a culture of anti-semitism and hate crimes against Jewish people. So unless Spillers bans XTC records then either Ashli Todd is a publicity-seeking hypocrite with her moral outrage about Morrissey, or she simply doesn't care about the rise of anti-semitism in the UK. Neither of which is a terribly good look.

(And please don't give me your delightful "I really don't keep up with those artists" nonsense - if that's the case, then a polite suggestion might be to spend less time arguing with people on the site of an artist whose views you despise, and instead discover some other music to fall in love with. Perhaps try the last track on the new Waterboys album out today? Genuinely one of the most gorgeous things I've ever heard!)

Oh here we go. Are we arguing or debating? I actually like a lot of things about this forum, so I’ll carry on posting. And I’m set for music thanks! Do you want me to send you my playlist?

I genuinely dont follow XTC, I didn’t have a clue what you were talking about. I’m sorry if you thought I was winding you up, I actually enjoying reading your posts, and tried to give a respectful. well thought out response. But if you wanna be a dick about it ..

Oh here we go. Are we arguing or debating? I actually like a lot of things about this forum, so I’ll carry on posting. And I’m set for music thanks! Do you want me to send you my playlist?

I genuinely dont follow XTC, I didn’t have a clue what you were talking about. I’m sorry if you thought I was winding you up, I actually enjoying reading your posts, and tried to give a respectful. well thought out response. But if you wanna be a dick about it ..

Please do send me a playlist - thank you! I'd like that very much.

Bowie wasn`t a paedo Morrissey isn`t a nazi thank you and have a nice day :):):)

PJW posts about Morrissey. Reading the comments it looks like a lot of new fans will be purchasing the new album.

PJW posts about Morrissey. Reading the comments it looks like a lot of new fans will be purchasing the new album.

Just scrolled thru all 147 comments, didn’t take long. Couldn’t find a single comment of anyone claiming to be a new fan or rushing to buy this record.

Just scrolled thru all 147 comments, didn’t take long. Couldn’t find a single comment of anyone claiming to be a new fan or rushing to buy this record.

There are 10 comments, not 147. (Are you watching snooker?)

All are broadly supportive, but only one suggests actually supporting Morrissey commercially:

"He's right about multiculturalism. I think I need to support him with some purchases."

There are 10 comments, not 147. (Are you watching snooker?)

All are broadly supportive, but only one suggests actually supporting Morrissey commercially:

"He's right about multiculturalism. I think I need to support him with some purchases."

sorry, what?

C1D0524D-5D15-4E1C-8B7E-BCCFFB2865B0.jpeg

Ah, OK - my misunderstanding. I was looking at the linked article, not Twitter. (Have never been anywhere near Twitter...)

Turns out we're both right - hurrah!

Hilarious you claimed you looked through all 147 comments. Here's a few you missed shit eyes.
Screenshot_20190524-113332_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20190524-113538_Twitter.jpg
20190524_113656.jpg
Screenshot_20190524-113944_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20190524-114019_Twitter.jpg

Hilarious you claimed you looked through all 147 comments. Here's a few you missed shit eyes. View attachment 49840 View attachment 49841 View attachment 49842 View attachment 49843 View attachment 49844

Wow!!!!! 5 comments, 2 of which kinda hint at already being Morrissey fans. So that’s 3 new fans. Whoop whoop. I’m sure you can dig out one or two more if you look hard enough. Want me to absolutely thrash your point with dozens and dozens and dozens of screenshots from ex fans and boycotters.

Wow!!!!! 5 comments, 2 of which kinda hint at already being Morrissey fans. So that’s 3 new fans. Whoop whoop. I’m sure you can dig out one or two more if you look hard enough. Want me to absolutely thrash your point with dozens and dozens and dozens of screenshots from ex fans and boycotters.
Trash my point? How exactly can you do that when I've presented proof that you refuted? Now you've failed in your initial statement you're now looking to find an alternative victory in boycotters an such. That's irrelevant to my point. Anyone that's followed him knows he's lost fans. My point is he's gaining new ones as an antidote to soft boys like you and Skinny.

Trash my point? How exactly can you do that when I've presented proof that you refuted? Now you've failed in your initial statement you're now looking to find an alternative victory in boycotters an such. That's irrelevant to my point. Anyone that's followed him knows he's lost fans. My point is he's gaining new ones as an antidote to soft boys like you and Skinny.

Your proof being that a lot of new fans will be buying it? If 3 is a lot, then I guess you’re right. My bad.

Your proof being that a lot of new fans will be buying it? If 3 is a lot, then I guess you’re right. My bad.
5 mate, just on that thread. I've seen a lot of Twitter, Facebook posts, forums, YouTube comments, all from non Morrissey fans saying they're digging his music and will support him.

5 mate, just on that thread. I've seen a lot of Twitter, Facebook posts, forums, YouTube comments, all from non Morrissey fans saying they're digging his music and will support him.

One said they’d been buying albums for 20 years, im assuming they meant moz albums, another said, “guess I’ll be buying another Morrissey album. Can’t call them new fans can we. Let’s not split hairs tho, 3, or 5, out of 147. That’s a brilliant return.

:straightface:

when the record hits the top of the charts, the puppets will boycott it.:lbf:

One said they’d been buying albums for 20 years, im assuming they meant moz albums, another said, “guess I’ll be buying another Morrissey album. Can’t call them new fans can we. Let’s not split hairs tho, 3, or 5, out of 147. That’s a brilliant return.
Oh look, you lost hombre. You can be as pedantic and petty as you like. The fact remains I showed you proof Morrissey is gaining new fans, the fans he's lost like you and Skinny can't tear yourselves away from a fan page dedicated to him. Just demonstrates the fans he's lost are weak and mentally unstable. Any well adjusted music fan would simply move on and find another artist to be fanatical over. Yet, you stay. You're like an ex that spreads malicious gossip but still wanks over old nudes.

Oh look, you lost hombre. You can be as pedantic and petty as you like. The fact remains I showed you proof Morrissey is gaining new fans, the fans he's lost like you and Skinny can't tear yourselves away from a fan page dedicated to him. Just demonstrates the fans he's lost are weak and mentally unstable. Any well adjusted music fan would simply move on and find another artist to be fanatical over. Yet, you stay. You're like an ex that spreads malicious gossip but still wanks over old nudes.

He hasn’t lot me as a fan, I bought two copies of the LP today. And nah my ex was a bit of a dog tbh, not worth a wank and not with the gossip.

Tags
california son info morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom