Thelma Houston - "I Don’t Believe Morrissey Is Racist" - Pitchfork, Stereogum

Original quote from Pitchfork article:

Morrissey Announces New Album I Am Not a Dog on a Chain, Shares Song

Excerpt:

...When Morrissey announced his last album, California Son, with a slate of guests, some said they had been unaware of his far-right politics. When reached for comment, a representative for Thelma Houston sent Pitchfork the following quote from the singer:

I don’t believe Morrissey is racist. And I got involved with this track because I’ve known about his music for quite some time. Back in 2012, I was collaborating with an artist named Gabe Noel, and he suggested we try some covers. And when he mentioned a Morrissey song called ‘Suedehead,’ as soon as I heard ‘it was a good lay’ lyric - I laughed and was like… Ok let’s cut it!

Thelma Houston Joins Morrissey On New Single, Says “I Don’t Believe Morrissey Is Racist” - Stereogum

Morrissey isn't racist. We all know he isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Incredible how a website like Pitchfork in this day and age can come up and get away with this kind of questioning. Like The Guardian interrogating the CS-collaborators before that album’s release. Absolutely vile.

Agree. He's not a racist.

He's just not careful about the issues he wades into or the optics, alliances & discourses that go with those issues (& warp them). So he gets an absolute kicking for it.

I think he's mad for doing it to himself, but it's brave. I'd want him on my side if I was in trouble.

It's not exactly sympathy, more a kind of "interesting business" thing. Hard enough, that she has to answer such a question at all. I highly doubt, that this will be the liberation strike "team Morrissey" needs to get back on track in the UK and Europe.

We will only know when UK and European dates are announced. Until then it's all mere speculation whether he is on or off track in UK and Europe.

Incredible how a website like Pitchfork in this day and age can come up and get away with this kind of questioning. Like The Guardian interrogating the CS-collaborators before that album’s release. Absolutely vile.

I despise The Guardian for that. (Also despise them for their push-me-pull-you attitude to antisemitism in the Labour Party, which deepened our divisions & culminated in their antisemitic editorial the day before the election. It's gone lower than Vice).

I despise The Guardian for that. (Also despise them for their push-me-pull-you attitude to antisemitism in the Labour Party, which deepened our divisions & culminated in their antisemitic editorial the day before the election. It's gone lower than Vice).

The left are evil. Their time is coming to an end. Trust me.

Original quote from Pitchfork article:

Morrissey Announces New Album I Am Not a Dog on a Chain, Shares Song

Excerpt:

...When Morrissey announced his last album, California Son, with a slate of guests, some said they had been unaware of his far-right politics. When reached for comment, a representative for Thelma Houston sent Pitchfork the following quote from the singer:

I don’t believe Morrissey is racist. And I got involved with this track because I’ve known about his music for quite some time. Back in 2012, I was collaborating with an artist named Gabe Noel, and he suggested we try some covers. And when he mentioned a Morrissey song called ‘Suedehead,’ as soon as I heard ‘it was a good lay’ lyric - I laughed and was like… Ok let’s cut it!

Thelma Houston Joins Morrissey On New Single, Says “I Don’t Believe Morrissey Is Racist” - Stereogum

Morrissey isn't racist. We all know he isn't.

Morrissey IS racist. Anyone with a brain knows he is.

It's not exactly sympathy, more a kind of "interesting business" thing. Hard enough, that she has to answer such a question at all. I highly doubt, that this will be the liberation strike "team Morrissey" needs to get back on track in the UK and Europe.

It will be a slow process with him, because he's not actively engaged on any media platform & he won't or can't glad-hand. But it's on the turn, which is good.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom