There's more to life than books you know

Paulc

On holiday by mistake
But not much more....

Some recommendations please! I am off on hols in mid Feb and know that i will have loads of time to read. I need two or three really cool books to take with me. Can you guys recommend some stuff please - i always waste so much time in Borders!

I like most things especially crime thrillers, science fiction, biographies, history, horror, travel...you name it.

Read any good books lately? Ta muchly.

thelist.jpg

&
thirty.jpg

But not much more....

Some recommendations please! I am off on hols in mid Feb and know that i will have loads of time to read. I need two or three really cool books to take with me. Can you guys recommend some stuff please - i always waste so much time in Borders!

I like most things especially crime thrillers, science fiction, biographies, history, horror, travel...you name it.

Theres a book called from punk to grunge out now whcih looks an entertaining read.

Also Stuart Macconie Cider with Roadies. Good holiday read.

Society, Ecology and Life Style- by Arne Næss. I cant understand half of it, but it's great:D

Hmm sounds a bit heavy! I just finished a book about the environment - Planet Earth The Future which has depressed me no end! Think i want something a little less about the end of the world! Thanks though!

Er thanks Robby....any that you would particularly recommend???

I have read the Dark Tower series, the Dune Trilogy, F451, Catch 22, 1984, Lord of the Rings, Do Androids dream...., Trainspotting.

The second list seems to be not that much fun for a holiday read!

Thanks though!

Hmm sounds a bit heavy! I just finished a book about the environment - Planet Earth The Future which has depressed me no end! Think i want something a little less about the end of the world! Thanks though!
It can be really depressing. But it's important to know about this

Withnails - R.E.Grant Red carpet and banana skins - R.Everett Easy reading and enjoyable.

It can be really depressing. But it's important to know about this

Yep i completely agree - the book i just read - "Planet Earth - The Future" did have some optimistic views that it wasnt too late to save the word - but in general unless we as a race take some pretty dramatic and radical steps then this planet has got no chance!!! There are 6 billion people on the planet - the book reckons the planet cannot support more than 3 billion....

Withnails - R.E.Grant Red carpet and banana skins - R.Everett Easy reading and enjoyable.

Withnails - yep read it (my favourite film - the finest film available to humanity!):D

Will look up Red carprt and banana skins - thanks!

Yep i completely agree - the book i just read - "Planet Earth - The Future" did have some optimistic views that it wasnt too late to save the word - but in general unless we as a race take some pretty dramatic and radical steps then this planet has got no chance!!! There are 6 billion people on the planet - the book reckons the planet cannot support more than 3 billion....
Yup. Næss had many of the same theories. There Must be a rervolution. Soon:)

Tell me about it, I just came here for a break from Marxism. Interesting as it is, I think I'm going to overload due to some kind of full-brain syndrome.

I never read books, apart from when i do, which is very rarely. My favourite book is "Adolf Hitler, My Part In His Downfall" by Spike Milligan. It made me laugh very much, but possibly the humour could be partly lost on you if your'e not British..
"Slaughterhouse Five" by Kurt Vonnegut.

Andrew Collins wrote a book called 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now' which is a very good, funny read about his late teenage years and the music they were influenced by. The title gives you a clue... Also, '31 Songs', 'High Fedelity' and 'A Long Way Down' by Nick Hornby. Don't read 'How To Be Good' which is also by him, it is awful!!!!

Er thanks Robby....any that you would particularly recommend???

I have read the Dark Tower series, the Dune Trilogy, F451, Catch 22, 1984, Lord of the Rings, Do Androids dream...., Trainspotting.

Thanks though!

the 1st is largely fiction
and ranked somewhat

the 2nd list is non-fic
and really they are all really great
it just depends on your field enquiry

But not much more....

Try "A Scanner Darkly" by Philip K. Dick. If you haven't alredy read it. It's brilliant! :)

Back
Top Bottom