These forums: more pro-Moz or more anti-Moz?

Vegan

There's some definite real Moz fans here but does anyone else get the impression this website is dominated by those who have a negative opinion of him? Or are the anti-Moz folk just more zealous? If so.....why? Why waste precious time bashing someone you've likely never met or no longer enjoy? Okay you don't like him. What do you get out of the constant negativity? I'm not talking about simple criticism of his art or political views. It's the stuff that goes beyond the pale and is just plain hate.

Well it's a forum dedicated to Morrissey so what better place to discuss him, whether you are pro- or anti-Moz? It would be dull if we were all slavish in our unalloyed admiration of him. I try not to be too negative about the old fella but it's becoming increasingly difficult to ignore all the things he has been saying and as many of us disagree with his right-wing world view we will discuss that fact.

There's some definite real Moz fans here but does anyone else get the impression this website is dominated by those who have a negative opinion of him? Or are the anti-Moz folk just more zealous? If so.....why? Why waste precious time bashing someone you've likely never met or no longer enjoy? Okay you don't like him. What do you get out of the constant negativity? I'm not talking about simple criticism of his art or political views. It's the stuff that goes beyond the pale and is just plain hate.

BECAUSE THEY ARE LOSERS WITH NO JOB ON THE DOLE.
HAIRDRESSERS ON THE DOLE. FUHRER SKINNY RUNS
THE THING HERE.:crazy:

THEY HATE THE FACT MOZ IS RICH WHILE THEY ARE LOSERS.:thumb:

Thats really the truth in as few words.:straightface:

Well it's a forum dedicated to Morrissey so what better place to discuss him, whether you are pro- or anti-Moz? It would be dull if we were all slavish in our unalloyed admiration of him. I try not to be too negative about the old fella but it's becoming increasingly difficult to ignore all the things he has been saying and as many of us disagree with his right-wing world view we will discuss that fact.

LOL
:crazy:

OP was asking about DH like you. If they 'OLD FELLA" is so bad you would think you
would vamoose on out of here. Not run to a Moz forum.
But you know, when you got nothing going:laughing:

Use to be lots of both hate & love for old mozzy baby to be found here, but as older fans die off and aren’t replaced as much, I really don’t sense much of either here anymore...

I was quite pro Moz, I don’t post here much TBH but I’ve been a fan since the early 90’s and have seen him live many many times. I’m leaning more anti Moz now, terrible last gig, fed up with him being a gobshite when he has an album to promote, and the icing on the cake the cancelled tour...I’d been lucky so far and managed to avoid his cancellations, not lucky this time.

Its no different than his official facebook page, positive and negative comments on every post whoever runs the page makes.

I was quite pro Moz, I don’t post here much TBH but I’ve been a fan since the early 90’s and have seen him live many many times. I’m leaning more anti Moz now, terrible last gig, fed up with him being a gobshite when he has an album to promote, and the icing on the cake the cancelled tour...I’d been lucky so far and managed to avoid his cancellations, not lucky this time.

Exactly the same for me.

I’m in the middle and this prefer not to engage with the extreme loud people on either side of whatever issue (the skinny’s and the reelfountains) as I think there is little point in it. I think his opinion on various subjects to be ill informed and isolated in there logic but I still love the albums and have enjoyed the shows I’ve been to

Exactly the same for me.

LOL yeah same but you forgot to mention you agitated for the cancellations. What a twat you are Skinny dont play dumb under your dumb Surface persona. doh:

less Moz, more James for me. I actually need to find some new music to like, I still listen to/see live, all the people I loved in the 90’s. I’ve not moved on at all :lbf:

Will you go to another gig surface? I’m pretty sure I won’t.....very sad.

No, i was only going as my 14 year old daughter really wanted to me to take her. I used to love his gigs and am actually on the Introducing Morrissey video but the February one in Birmingham was really flat with no energy from him or the crowd, although his voice was great.

On a positive note I managed to get tickets to see Buzzcocks at The Royal Albert Hall today!

less Moz, more James for me. I actually need to find some new music to like, I still listen to/see live, all the people I loved in the 90’s. I’ve not moved on at all :lbf:

Similar, Im going to see Sleeper in November at the Ritz. Have seen them 3 times since the reformed last year and they've been great each time. I think The National are one of the best bands around at the moment.

I'm here for the soap opera, the interesting conversation (okay, sometimes) and the vain hope that he might, just, surprise us by pulling something decent musically out of the bag before it's all over. I didn't think much of his new album but it was better than WPINOYB. I don't feel he's done anything really good musically for years, and his band are turgid. The political comments don't send me into apoplexy, but the ignorance and clumsiness do make me cringe. Worst of all, for me, are the public charades (Rome, Paris for Profit, Der Spiegel Tapegate, weird self-centred comments about the Manchester bombing, cashmere-cardigan-gate, forcing Alley Palley staff to dress according to his demands, etc etc). These issues transcend politics and show what sort of a human being he is - and it's not a pretty sight.

So I suppose all that makes me anti... and yet... he remains quite fascinating. He's fascinating when he's great and he's fascinating when he's a complete tool. I suppose I'm just loitering just to see how it all turns out.

There are many of us here who have been lurking/posting occasionally for years; I have been coming to this site since 1999. I think that the issue is that a lot of fans, myself included, no longer have the same opinion about him as we used to, even just a few years ago. He has really pressed the self-destruct button more than ever in the last year or two. So, there are many of us that are here to rubberneck the car crash, as I guess it's human nature to want to watch all of this unfold after devoting so many years, time, money, etc. on him. Sometimes it's hard to let go of certain things, even if you now find them repellent, after investing so much emotionally in them. I think that this is the case with some of us here when it comes to Morrissey. I think he is an absolute moron now, whereas I would have never imagined myself saying that even three years ago. But I can't help letting my curiosity get the better of me and rubberneck the crash!

There are many of us here who have been lurking/posting occasionally for years; I have been coming to this site since 1999. I think that the issue is that a lot of fans, myself included, no longer have the same opinion about him as we used to, even just a few years ago. He has really pressed the self-destruct button more than ever in the last year or two. So, there are many of us that are here to rubberneck the car crash, as I guess it's human nature to want to watch all of this unfold after devoting so many years, time, money, etc. on him. Sometimes it's hard to let go of certain things, even if you now find them repellent, after investing so much emotionally in them. I think that this is the case with some of us here when it comes to Morrissey. I think he is an absolute moron now, whereas I would have never imagined myself saying that even three years ago. But I can't help letting my curiosity get the better of me and rubberneck the crash!

Its 'you know how' again.:straightface:
How many times are you going to post the same thing pretending to be a different poster?:crazy:

theres more pro mozz but the anti mozz seem to post more,its been fractured on here for the last few years and it will never go back because the world is changing and will never go back to the relatively peaceful world before 9/11.

Back
Top Bottom