Things that you wish you could do but cant

Speak French...
I think I am going to flunk out of grad school because of this.:tears:

Really?? I always did well in school, but learning other languages was
tough. I could learn the vocabulary easily enough, but could never understand
all the different 'tenses' etc....

Finish something.

I can't finish anything.Food,films,books,DIY,simple tasks.When I snuff it my headstone will be unfinished.:rolleyes:

I'm kind of the same way. :o Can we share a headstone? :p

I really want to finish this book but it's kind of boring right now.

it's considered a "classic" so I will keep reading, hoping it will improve but I dunno yet.

I wish I could draw, people say there's no such thing as not being able to draw but they're liars. :p

And I wish I could play an instrument, which is really just laziness.

I wish I could draw, people say there's no such thing as not being able to draw but they're liars. :p

I can draw and I love it. I too would love to be able to play an instrument

10,000 hours worth of practice is all you need to be great at anything... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outliers_(book) & http://www.gladwell.com/outliers/index.html

No, I can't be arsed either :)

But if you were to halve the time you waste on the internet and spent it learning a new task - you'd pick it up in no time.

Dave

1. play piano (i am an awesome learner and I can play by ear... but that's not enough.. I wish I had jazz training.. or classical... anything, really)
2. play guitar (again... lol)
3. ballet <- i was a gimnast for some time but I think what I really would've liked to do was dance... even if not only ballet... ok, just dance.
4. walk on heels <- i have a stupid foot.

I really want to finish this book but it's kind of boring right now.

it's considered a "classic" so I will keep reading, hoping it will improve but I dunno yet.

I hate when that happens. It makes me angry at the author at the same time as being in love with him/her. :o

I wish I could play an instrument. Guitar, piano? Read music.

But my biggest dream was to be a theatre actress in England. I'm not an actress and I'm not British :tears:

Sometimes I wish I were a man, too. I'd be so gay :D

Sing ON key and have a natural gift for drawing and painting, and learning new languages. :(

Be able to speak english without my strong french accent.

Play guitar like Jimmy Page. Or Johnny Marr. Or even just as well as I can. I need to get crackin' on that 10,000 hours of practice. If I practice one hour per day, it shall only take me... um 10,000 days which is ... over 27 YEARS?! Jaysus, I'll be an old woman. :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom