this article really pissed me off

Oh dear.

"Morrissey thanks fans, rejoices in decade past:

In a beautifully worded, heartfelt message to his fans, legendarily reclusive singer Morrissey expressed gratitude to his audience for their continuing loyalty, stating that he was 'astounded' and 'repeatedly honored and speechless by their dedication.'

He also thanked the hospital staff for showing him great kindness after his troubling collapse onstage in Swindon, and stated that he brazenly disobeyed doctors' orders and would let nothing, not even his health, prevent him from shaking hands with his dedicated admirers.

Elsewhere, Morrissey ruefully lamented the lackluster chart performance of his latest offering, sharing some harsh words for now-estranged label Universal's handling of Swords, and noted that one's response to the 'death of culture' should be to 'raise whatever it is you do to a higher plane...' Lofty words, indeed.

Still, the man is clearly satisfied with his latest work, noting that his last three albums 'will allow me to die in peace,' and most thought-provokingly insisting that 'the past is not me.'

So, what does the future hold for Morrissey? 'It all rests as ever on determination' insists the singer 'that which springs from somewhere deeper than the body. Record label interest is zero, but the sun will creep back into the room one way or another. It always does.'

Well, to Morrissey we wish to express the hope that he will remain an always inspiring, occasionally controversial, and eminently quotable presence on the pop cultural scene - here's to a sun-filled future."

Fixed.

"Morrissey thanks fans, rejoices in decade past:

In a beautifully worded, heartfelt message to his fans, legendarily reclusive singer Morrissey expressed gratitude to his audience for their continuing loyalty, stating that he was 'astounded' and 'repeatedly honored and speechless by their dedication.'

He also thanked the hospital staff for showing him great kindness after his troubling collapse onstage in Swindon, and stated that he brazenly disobeyed doctors' orders and would let nothing, not even his health, prevent him from shaking hands with his dedicated admirers.

Elsewhere, Morrissey ruefully lamented the lackluster chart performance of his latest offering, sharing some harsh words for now-estranged label Universal's handling of Swords, and noted that one's response to the 'death of culture' should be to 'raise whatever it is you do to a higher plane...' Lofty words, indeed.

Still, the man is clearly satisfied with his latest work, noting that his last three albums 'will allow me to die in peace,' and most thought-provokingly insisting that 'the past is not me.'

So, what does the future hold for Morrissey? 'It all rests as ever on determination' insists the singer 'that which springs from somewhere deeper than the body. Record label interest is zero, but the sun will creep back into the room one way or another. It always does.'

Well, to Morrissey we wish to express the hope that he will remain an always inspiring, occasionally controversial, and eminently quotable presence on the pop cultural scene - here's to a sun-filled future."

Fixed.

that's more like it

Back
Top Bottom