This charming man? England is Mine explores a younger Morrissey to reveal lesser seen shades

This charming man? England is Mine explores a younger Morrissey to reveal lesser seen shades - The List (film.list.co.uk).
by Kirstyn Smith - 9th June, 2017.

Excerpt:

"Ahead of Morrissey biopic's world premiere at Edinburgh Film Festival, The List's music editor and self-confessed fan takes a look at the man behind the myth and the devotion he arouses.
It's awkward being a Morrissey fan. It's even more awkward to be a Morrissey fan with a couple of very visible tattoos related to the singer. People are inclined to greet you with the phrase: 'What's that say? Morrissey? Aw, he's a c**t.' "

Regards,
FWD

Oh, and own up... who was it!? :)

“For this article, I reached out to a well-known figure in the Morrissey fan community for their opinion on the Morrissey of today vs the Morrissey portrayed in England is Mine, Mark Gill's Morrissey biopic. They prefaced an interview with the proviso that they would contribute to 'any article that portrayed Morrissey in a positive light."

Last edited by a moderator:
you can tell "pernilla"--she of the "mia farrow looks" (rigggghhht) and of the fondness for your "fuzzy legs" *puke*--that people are put in mental institutions, not on them.

and while im at it, you dont watch pictures you look at them.

c0ee37853d52f0c12c4c8796cb98f23d.jpg

skinny on his high horse again.theres 20% off all clothing at mporium,away and buy yourself a tshirt to cheer yourself up.
It's his riding boots you should focus on. Polished to perfection.

Class!

It's funny -and sad- how people who write about Morrissey in England feel obliged to express at least three insults or critics for each good thing they write about him. Even when you notice they truly like or admire him, they make a big effort to prove the contrary in public. That does't happen in any other place in the world with the exception maybe of muslim countries. You just like him or not, but it isn't mandatory to treat him as heretic. That's a British privilege. Maybe -and I'm guessing here- people know Trump can't last more than eight years.

I'm probably overthinking it, but at what point does it go from troublemaking to troublesome?
I'm not disparaging any one way of life or thinking, but surely it leads to personal discomfort- not to mention the discomfort it causes in others. It's one thing to rouse the rabble, but another to make others feel less than.

troublemaking to troublesome, I guess it may depend on you would define those.

personal discomfort? yes, as I said, there are penalties.

discomfort to others? well it depends if the discomfort that they are put into makes them think about their wrong doing,etc.

to rouse or to be made to feel less than, again these outcomes could make one/them think about their wrong doings, etc.

It's funny -and sad- how people who write about Morrissey in England feel obliged to express at least three insults or critics for each good thing they write about him. Even when you notice they truly like or admire him, they make a big effort to prove the contrary in public. That does't happen in any other place in the world with the exception maybe of muslim countries. You just like him or not, but it isn't mandatory to treat him as heretic. That's a British privilege. Maybe -and I'm guessing here- people know Trump can't last more than eight years.
Welcome to Sweden, we have that here every day. If they write about swedes or our culture there are at least 3 insults added to weigh it up.

When they played our national song at the Sweden game versus France the speaker had to make an excuse for it by having to add what the song should be about. Then some wonder why the nationalist party is doing so well.

As for Trump he will probably be able to do more when not the president but age is against him of course.

It has to be something connected to the role of the press in general in England. I am not condemning it but there is this notion of power in the British press. Whenever people become successful in any region they want to be part of it, saying they created it and they also want to be responsible for breaking them down thus showing their power and influence. Remember when Moz was the darling of the press?
A prophet is never honoured in his own country. Its just a saying.
Mind you, I'm not saying he is actually a prophet.

It has to be something connected to the role of the press in general in England. I am not condemning it but there is this notion of power in the British press. Whenever people become successful in any region they want to be part of it, saying they created it and they also want to be responsible for breaking them down thus showing their power and influence. Remember when Moz was the darling of the press?
Spot on!

The people at Fleet Street are all about building up and knocking down, just look at the England national football team.

Sure Quando, but I'm sure all this vilification of Morrissey does not make more than help him because in the long run people tend to put on the side of the victim when they notice the press is crucifying someone. Surely they know what they do and they must have explicit or implicit directions from someone. Just an opinion.

Sure Quando, but I'm sure all this vilification of Morrissey does not make more than help him because in the long run people tend to put on the side of the victim when they notice the press is crucifying someone. Surely they know what they do and they must have explicit or implicit directions from someone. Just an opinion.
I dunno if there's any directions to vilify Morrissey. A lot of people are of the opinion that he has made great music, but his personal statements are in poor taste. He's made himself a pretty easy target. Which I honestly think is a sort of game he plays to stay in the press.

I dunno if there's any directions to vilify Morrissey. A lot of people are of the opinion that he has made great music, but his personal statements are in poor taste. He's made himself a pretty easy target. Which I honestly think is a sort of game he plays to stay in the press.

Maybe. One way or another, they are playing his game.

Really? It got bad enough in the 90's that my standard reply was "That's Mister f*****, thank you very much."

This is great. I will borrow this line from you if I may.

closer to the truth would be... "That's Mister Humasexual, thank you very much."

:thumb:
Dammit, Ketamine! It was the 90s! We didn't have all of these options that we do now, like some kind of all you can eat sexual buffet! You were either gay, straight, or gay but confused! No huma-puma-trans-poly-in-betweenist!

Dammit, Ketamine! It was the 90s! We didn't have all of these options that we do now, like some kind of all you can eat sexual buffet! You were either gay, straight, or gay but confused! No huma-puma-trans-poly-in-betweenist!
Yeah, that was long before the confused marxist students took over the uni's from the lecturers. The 90's still makes more sense than the current era does.

to the anonymous f*** above if your going to reply at least put in the full comment so we can get a bit of context,was also one of the worst put downs to appear on here.

It was the 90s! We didn't have all of these options that we do now, like some kind of all you can eat sexual buffet! You were either gay, straight, or gay but confused! No huma-puma-trans-poly-in-betweenist!

Thank God we have now been recognised as a valid part of the LGBTIH community (that's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex & Humasexual - in case you didn't know). The huma-struggle is real.

that's why I was telling 12''on the slack that he has to update the label.:thumb:

them were dark times, now we have much more variety and people brave enough to name themselves what they want and not what society wants.

'KICKING
AWAY
FROM
THE
MUNDANE
EVERYDAY! '

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom