'This Is Morrissey' details - liner notes by Fiona Dodwell; vinyl release date Aug. 31, 2018

I just got this email from Crash Records, apparently it’s on Cd too.

Good morning Moz fans,

As you know we like to keep you posted about new releases and there is a new Morrissey compilation coming out on CD and vinyl on Friday 6th July.

It's a brand new compilation curated by the man himself ahead of his summer tour dates. The CD album is £4.99 with a 4 page booklet and liner notes by author Fiona Dodwell.

Those same liner notes are also on the LP (£18.99) only this time in French!

It's available to pre-order now and can be be posted out or collected from our Leeds city centre shop.

Cheers,
All at Crash

http://www.crashrecords.co.uk/product/morrissey-this-is-morrissey-cd-album-black-vinyl-lp-pre-order/

Posted by an anonymous person:

The CD has a track less according to Crash, Angel is missing. Obviously that makes a load of sense as normal, but I suppose we should be grateful the CD collectors are being considered at all.

Famous when dead adds the Piccadilly Records description:

Morrissey is never one to do things the accustomed way, instead throughout his career he’s carved a niche in the musical landscape which only he can occupy. And his decision to curate a brand new compilation at very short notice ahead of his tour dates, with new liner notes and a few surprises in the tracklisting, shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone.

So here it is, This Is Morrissey. A collection of studio classics, live tracks and the alternative Mael mix of the ever-popular ‘Suedehead’, all chosen by the man himself. He explains all on this brand new interview for tremr.com, with this neat little summary of the tracks he’s chosen:
“The album is so full of life, and worthy questions, and great choruses, and quite playful.”

Housed in a standard single CD jewel case, with a four page booklet and brand new liner notes by author Fiona Dodwell, there will be two versions of the CD product, a twelve track version for the world outside of North America and a ten track version for North America, final detail of which will be confirmed on a separate note at a later point. The digital version worldwide will reflect the twelve track CD release.

There is also a thirteen track vinyl edition, with the additional track ‘Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together’, complete with identical liner notes only this time written in French, another of Morrissey’s little curio’s.​

...Looks like Piccadilly were correct.
Note: vinyl release date:

This Is Morrissey release dates - Morrissey Central

43245_43243_Vinyl_withdate.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just before the fog machine kicks on for "Ripper".

"Er.... we have a new long player out that 6 of you will buy. And, er. ah. um."
[Fog engulfs stage and entire facility]
And then the rotted ghost sailors from The Fog start ripping people apart with meat hooks and rusty swords.

imgres

Morrissey is never one to do things the accustomed way, instead throughout his career he’s carved a niche in the musical landscape which only he can occupy. And his decision to curate a brand new compilation at very short notice ahead of his tour dates, with new liner notes and a few surprises in the tracklisting, shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone.

So here it is, This Is Morrissey. A collection of studio classics, live tracks and the alternative Mael mix of the ever-popular ‘Suedehead’, all chosen by the man himself. He explains all on this brand new interview for tremr.com, with this neat little summary of the tracks he’s chosen:
“The album is so full of life, and worthy questions, and great choruses, and quite playful.”

Housed in a standard single CD jewel case, with a four page booklet and brand new liner notes by author Fiona Dodwell, there will be two versions of the CD product, a twelve track version for the world outside of North America and a ten track version for North America, final detail of which will be confirmed on a separate note at a later point. The digital version worldwide will reflect the twelve track CD release.

There is also a thirteen track vinyl edition, with the additional track ‘Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together’, complete with identical liner notes only this time written in French, another of Morrissey’s little curio’s.

...Looks like Piccadilly were correct.
Note: vinyl release date:

Liner notes written by an bloody awful horror writer.
I miss the time when Chrissie wrote the liner notes.

He still has the Suedehead mix on this even after Russell Mael's (accurate) comments on Morrissey? I wonder how that went down. Was the tracklist sent to production before Mael's comments or does Morrissey not care?

To be fair, it's a great mix.

Last edited:
..I'm happy to see " Satellite of love" on here... I think it was mentioned before but I do not believe this is on any other CD release?

..I'm happy to see " Satellite of love" on here... I think it was mentioned before but I do not believe this is on any other CD release?
Correct - different availability for different countries, but:
Digital download 1-3 trk, 7" pic disc, 12".
(There was a promo CD though - same as the Mael Mix and both worth owning).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the genuine release date for this album? Morrissey Central states the 6 July for the cd and 31 August for the vinyl (why have different release dates?), whereas according to Crash records, the only release date they give is 6 July. Piccadilly Records claim both will be released on 31 August? There is no mention at all on amazon or HMV which is a bit strange?

Also do any of our American friends know which online record shops are selling the US cd?

Does anyone know the genuine release date for this album? Morrissey Central states the 6 July for the cd and 31 August for the vinyl (why have different release dates?), whereas according to Crash records, the only release date they give is 6 July. Piccadilly Records claim both will be released on 31 August? There is no mention at all on amazon or HMV which is a bit strange?

Also do any of our American friends know which online record shops are selling the US cd?

Don’t worry, you’ll get a copy. There will be plenty in stock for a very, very long time.

This is just another way of making easy money, as he knows most fans will buy it even when they have the songs already. Also another way to keep his name out there so he's not forgotten, specially after so many screwed up moments.

Tags
fiona dodwell this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom