"This Is Morrissey" vinyl released today (Aug. 31, 2018); also: US CD, streaming services

Advert with Russian text:
20180831_142124.jpg
20180831_142505.jpg

The promotional advert (clue in the name) is still available on FB official page, but some marketing genius has limited the audience.
https://lnk.to/ThisIsMorrissey2018FP
(Link resolves to a digital portal for Apple Music, Deezer & Google Play).

Not so much a 'release' in the US, but Amazon and indie stockists are supplying the vinyl as an import:

Kaos:
20180831_140252.jpg

Amazon:
20180831_141537.jpg

Amazon, despite still using the Sire cover have added a picture of the back of the record which is the Parlaphone version - the picture isn't brilliant, but the French liner notes can be made out:
51bTOkDtKTL._SL1500_.jpg

(They also have the CD now tagged as 'UK edition').

So, it looks like all vinyl buyers gets the 13 track version.
To help collectors, does anyone have a different version?
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited:
Jesse apologists are now going to chime in with, “But it was Morrissey’s decision! He wanted it played that way, and anyway they were doing the Death Cab for Cutie version!” Ask yourself this: what choice did Morrissey have? If he had said “Ok Jesse, I want TCM in it’s original form, off you go”, could Tobias do it reliably? Some of his flubs and f***-ups can be easily covered by the rest of the band, but not flubbing the intro to TCM.
My friends and I tried convincing ourselves he was just doing it differently after the first butchering, but no, he’s horrible in different ways at different times.
Speaking of butchering, if I had to hear him do that everytime I was bout to bite into a yummy dead animal, I’d be a vegan tomorrow :rolleyes:

The CD edition from Brazil.
Thank you to Orteras for being kind enough to photograph/share it:

20180901_235015.jpg 20180901_235102.jpg 20180901_235041.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

is it just me or do posters Amy, G23 and Peppermint make you feel like re-enacting that scene with Brad Pitt in the movie inglorious bastards with that baseball bat? God if I ever met them in public I would paste their heads into pulp!

Unfortunately we can’t do that to you because you have shit for brains.

Years ago, Morrissey said Marr's playing could make you "cry for hours and hours and swim in the tears". It's true for Jesse as well, it's just that you're crying for him to stop :lbf:

I think Morrissey said in the importance of being Morrissey that he would hear this incredible sadness in his songs. I believe he hears the same sadness with Tobias the Sadness of how talentless this guy is no matter how much and how hard he tries. His style of playing if you can say he has one does not fit in with Morrissey, I think Morrissey keeps him around as a f*** boy.

is it just me or do posters Amy, G23 and Peppermint make you feel like re-enacting that scene with Brad Pitt in the movie inglorious bastards with that baseball bat? God if I ever met them in public I would paste their heads into pulp!
Have you considered counselling? I really think you should.

I think Morrissey said in the importance of being Morrissey that he would hear this incredible sadness in his songs. I believe he hears the same sadness with Tobias the Sadness of how talentless this guy is no matter how much and how hard he tries. His style of playing if you can say he has one does not fit in with Morrissey, I think Morrissey keeps him around as a f*** boy.
There are a few explanations for this baffling set-up, but that's possibly one of them.

Have you considered counselling? I really think you should.

I can't quote this Anon post because for some reason I can't see it, but it made me smile - can you imagine someone loving Jesse to such an extent? :lbf: "I'm not shit, you're all bastards!"

I can't quote this Anon post because for some reason I can't see it, but it made me smile - can you imagine someone loving Jesse to such an extent? :lbf: "I'm not shit, you're all bastards!"
Actually, that's a scenario I hadn't considered - I was more taken aback by the violence, tbh. But yes. Pipe down, sausage fingers, we've rumbled you :lbf:

My friends and I tried convincing ourselves he was just doing it differently after the first butchering, but no, he’s horrible in different ways at different times.
Speaking of butchering, if I had to hear him do that everytime I was bout to bite into a yummy dead animal, I’d be a vegan tomorrow :rolleyes:
ludovico-technique-clockwork-orange.png

Guitar lessons are available on YouTube these days.

Last edited:
I can't help but notice that the only contribution on this album involving Morrissey's modern band is a Lou Reed cover.

Mind you, that was the same gig where Moz was apparently completely shit-faced so maybe the band was as well.

Strange. He seems a bit "out of it" there, but perfectly fine on other performances from the same night.

Tags
this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom