This site!

Danny

I've just been viewing the main board and almost all the most recent comments are anti-Morrissey posts with a level of English that I'd describe as moronic.

Par for the course maybe, so I thought I'd visit this forum for a bit of balance. The first thread I click on and here we go again, a string of comments moaning about how he doesn't release an album a year and how he's on the slide.

In the the last couple of days we've had a fantastic Q&A but my impression is that the responses from the fanbase has been one of negativity and nitpicking. Surely he must wonder why he bothers when he gets such a reaction.

Maybe I'm overreacting but I'm just wondering whether I'm cut out to be a Morrissey fan. I'm not bitter, nasty and negative enough.

Most of the posts on the main board are "Anonymous" because people are either too lazy to register for an account there...or too ashamed to put their name behind the idiocy they spew..

Remember what some people were writing after The Cleveland show???

I haven't wanted to read any concert reviews since I saw that crap

There is a sick side to being a fan. At it's extreme this is shown in people like Charles Manson getting secret coded messages or Mark David Chapman wanting to kill John Lennon after first trying to be him.

When people get so involved and expect the star to have the same devotion in return, or to do what they want and maintain that level that they felt when they were first fans, it can be sick. When thye start to feel that they have given so much to the star that he owes them something in return it gets twisted.

That's my take on it.

I agree with DANNY....... I hate when people bitch, moan, and complain about MORRISSEY....What more can people want? he's touring all over the country, in some of the most remote places and people still aren't satisfied :rolleyes:

PS: People need to avoid those kind of negative threads and visit the official HE-MAN is REALLY GAY thread instead :p

Last edited:
Don't get too hung up Danny, I can't remember the last time I even read anything on the main board. The beauty of the forum is good old fashioned debate - it's all about opinions at the end of the day, none of us are experts - and we've all got something to say, which can only be good......and you have to assume that, being Morrissey fans, we're all quite intelligent................................I find it all quite fascinating!

There is a sick side to being a fan. At it's extreme this is shown in people like Charles Manson getting secret coded messages or Mark David Chapman wanting to kill John Lennon after first trying to be him.

When people get so involved and expect the star to have the same devotion in return, or to do what they want and maintain that level that they felt when they were first fans, it can be sick. When thye start to feel that they have given so much to the star that he owes them something in return it gets twisted.

That's my take on it.
It's just the constant moaning I can't stand. There were even people moaning because their particular gig wasn't on his list of favourites. How pathetic is that!

Personally, I couldn't care less if the show I went to was on Morrissey's favorite list...

It's not like he knew that SNS was there and that's what made it suck....

Personally, I couldn't care less if the show I went to was on Morrissey's favorite list...

It's not like he knew that SNS was there and that's what made it suck....

I agree. As long as Morrissey had a good time at his shows, that all that matters...to me anyways.

What Really Matters is which show got FILMED for A DVD Release... :p

I agree. As long as Morrissey had a good time at his shows, that all that matters...to me anyways.

I apologize to anyone at the Hollywood Bowl, if me being there made their night any less enjoyable...

I might say that I AM NOT

And I also might say I'm quite close to my 4800th post...

I consider that to be a milestone

That didn't really work for you Danny, but......Don't lose Faith!

DAnn - could you remove that cartoon character please, the children and animals concept is getting on my nerves

Any sensible child will know what this means.....

That didn't really work for you Danny, but......Don't lose Faith!

DAnn - could you remove that cartoon character please, the children and animals concept is getting on my nerves

Any sensible child will know what this means.....

The mods allowed it to be on after a quick discussion..... you can turn it off though if you go to UserCP :)

At the risk of this being a waste of my 4800th post....

Just how did you bribe them, Dann?

Is it my imagination or is this a whining about whining thread? :)

Back
Top Bottom