Three brand new Morrissey songs to be released on 7th December

Nawibat is pretty good is vocally the catchiest and to me sounded the most complete. Lover to be I actually enjoyed in its quirky way. Whoever said it could be on la woman, I couldn't get that though out of my head. I though the music was fun but the song did sound a little disjointed. Like they hadn't quite smoothed it out. Almost sounds like a rough take mastered to be a bonus song. The song made me chuckle in a pleasant way. This song doesn't end has a really good vocal that did remind me of older smiths or solo songs but couldn't get into the music at all. Felt like a rough idea. Not bad altogether

Listening now...

"Lover-to-Be" is just, well - in my opinion - not very good... and it keeps bloody going. The rhymes are weak and the tone is kind of weird. Inspiral Carpets reference is very accurate haha - except they're better than this song is.

"Never Again Will I Be a Twin" is very bass-heavy and full of the electronic-y splurges first heard all over World Peace..., though lyrically it's pretty weak and plodding. Filler indeed. The cuss is unearned - 'lazy' writing this, imo. (Also the mix is way too left-heavy, no?)

I sigh going into this last one, because I'm just so meh about these last two... hoping, praying this song will end when it's over. The earlier comment about "Scandinavia" hits the nail on the head. This might also be an unfair bias - a manifestation of my apparently undying dislike for the blazing amateur that is Jesse - but the fuzz tone and panning on his guitars are all wrong. Like the vaguely melodic chorus, but the rhymes are pretty low-par again. As with a lot of his latter-catalogue, Moz also seems to revel in wasting the most melodic sections for bland lyrics, repeated over and over.

A solid 2-3/10 on these tracks from me. Just an opinion, obviously - but frankly, I'm depressed. I hope the digital release of these live tracks is worth the misery haha.

This is a spot on review - literally my exact sentiments

lover to be is one cool and crazy song! love it. gustavo is doing a great job there on the keyboard. i can imagine him playing the keyboard like the muppets' "the animal" used to play the drums. it all sounds as if they had fun recording it. if not, well, then at least i have fun listening to it. thanks to moz and co. it's wild. great beat of drums too.
some of the lyrics yet remain obscure though. the "oh pidgy kee" part, for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like he wants to have sex and that we was in a relationship with someone but got dumped. I didn't see any of that coming.

Paragon means something of excellence, the song is about someone he finds really attractive.

What is he saying in Never Again Will I Be A Twin - it sounded like "in the plastic arse" when I first heard it but now it sounds like "plastic arts" but surely that wouldn't make sense? Please could someone with better hearing work this one out for me!!

The first two are not good but This Song Doesn't End is staggeringly bad. He actually sounds half cut. I remember Joe C saying in an interview not long after LIHS came out about how they chose the tracks, and how some were jettisoned just because they didn't suit the mood and flavour of the album (not his words, but that was the gist). If these are the 'left-overs' it's not hard to see why we ended up with the tracks we did. I am astonished that he thinks it's okay to put these on a 'deluxe edition' then charge people even more money to hear them. It's frankly taking the piss.

Collins English Dictionary:
Definition of 'de luxe'
1. (esp of products, articles for sale, etc) rich, elegant, or sumptuous; superior in quality, number of accessories, etc

Oxford English Dictionary:
deluxe
Pronunciation /ˈlʊks/
ADJECTIVE
Luxurious or sumptuous; of a superior kind.

Surely some breach of the Trade Descriptions Act?

Paragon means something of excellence, the song is about someone he finds really attractive.

the paragon nose?

i think "this song" sounds kind of unfinished, production-wise, and morrissey a bit tired, but it has its charming moments like the ennio morricone beginning and the waltzy bit in the middle

Last edited by a moderator:
lover to be is one cool and crazy song! love it. gustavo is doing a great job there on the keyboard. i can imagine him playing the keyboard like the muppets' "the animal" used to play the drums. it all sounds as if they had fun recording it. if not, well, then at least i have fun listening to it. thanks to moz and co. it's wild. great beat of drums too.
some of the lyrics yet remain obscure though. the "oh pidgy kee" part, for example.

Gustavo does some of that Booker T and Moz does some of that Wild T.
Ya gotta love the combo.

Just thought you might like to know that "born to post anonymously" has the same IP hash as the anon holocaust denier and jew hater in the politics thread. You're welcome.

You're such a Swede. Soon that'll be a pejorative all on its own: "dude, stop acting so Swedish!", "bro, we were having such a good time at the party last night until you started going all Swedish and ruined it for the rest of us."

Here you go, busybody, I also wrote the following posts under the name 'Born to post anonymously':

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/any-idles-fans-here.142871/

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/pete-shelley-has-died.143287/page-4

I wrote this anonymous post too, which I was fond of, in response to @StalinsPipe who spoke about 'destroying the state'. Add it to the file you're compiling on me, I'm sure the ADL or Hope Not Hate will be delighted to receive it.

"'Smashing the state', LOL! Could you be any more of a cliché? Smash it all you like, but what will you do when you're placed in prison and non-whites start being deported and there's no state to protect you or them? There will be armed militias out in the streets shooting at each other. Try to disarm Bubba and he with his camouflage wearing buddies will hunt you down like The Most Dangerous Game. That's 'Sir Bubba' to you, by the way. He's made for that kind of stateless scenario, you're not. The fate of you and your comrades would be nasty, brutish, and short.

And guess what: after they begin deporting non-whites and the white population begins to show a healthy increase again, do you know what they'll do then? Re-establish the state. LMAO! And all your hard work will have been for naught.

But how little you realize, that the state being destroyed and replaced with something else is even less likely in our new multi-racial countries than it was in our relatively homogeneous countries of old. So don't worry, your dream/nightmare scenario will never come to fruition, and that's no one's doing but your own along with everyone else who encouraged mass immigration into our countries. So you'll have to get used to capitalism, big business, deregulation, non-nationalized institutions, ethnic tensions, corruption, that's the future that you and your ilk set out for us.

The fact that you're allowed to "teach" anyone is a frightening thought, but it's not really "teaching" is it, you're just inculcating them with the same lies you were inculcated with. You really have no idea what the future has in store, do you? I always knew the left were short-sighted but this is just yet another stark reminder of it. Living in a total fantasy world, as I indicated earlier, your shallow view of history has left you with zero insight into the world we're living in. You're due a wake up call."

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...al-fb-by-peter-katsis.142757/page-20#comments

Now run along, I want to marvel at @A scanty bit of thing doing her high kicks for me :rabbitface: (while I wear my Aztec mask), you'll never know the joys of a woman doing high kicks for you, will you? No wonder you're so bitter, it was such an alien notion to you that you immediately had to try to put a stop to it.
I'm not a "Jew hater" either, show me where I ever said that. You can't because I never did, as you're aware, and once again you show your pitiful understanding of complex topics. You look for shortcuts and easy explanations, "this person is [insert phobia/ism here], now stamp it and file it away, it's solved." Since we're throwing around names to beat the band, you should forever be branded as a slanderer for your wanton accusations, a term which is almost as damning as being branded a 'Swede'.

After 1 listen to each once:

“Lover to be” I like it OK, but imma Doors fan :cool:

“Never again will I be a twin” love it, especially the opening, actually second listen now, my mind already telling me gonna be playing this bunch for a while, can see myself listening as I drive up and down curvy dirt roads in my old Suburban, gonna have to watch my foot on the pedal during this one for sure :rock:

“This song doesn’t end when its over” just no :straightface: well, the title is a warning, still, I like the music, but yeah, too much of a downer even for me these days o_O

Have you seen me?
I am your lover-to-be
You might run into the street
You look back for one more peep
It’s OK by me

Oh, I am your lover-to-be
Never before
Never again
Will you see such a specimen
Oh, peachy keen

You can trust me
I am your lover-to-be
You act afraid
And nervously coy
Because I’m someone you might enjoy
Oh, that’s me

I am your lover-to-be
You say:
“God, spare me this corruptor”
God says:
“You don’t know how lucky you are”
The paragon knows

I have nothing to say
I am your lover-to-be
Might not be Thursday
Might not be Friday
But soon I’ll have you my way

Of good Italian stock
Lover-to-be
The way you girlishly/boyishly hide
Is not very much to describe
Ohh

I have nothing to say
I am
What is money compared to love?
It is Godless, sexless, stupid and sequestered

Finally
Oh, finally
I am your lover-to-be
I have trashed all the booses in town
And it’s your turn now

Never again
Will I be a twin
The operation went well
But the patient died

Never again
Will there be a smile
To wipe off my face
Once is too much
In the twin-like realm
In the plastic art
Of falling in love
What a joke that was

Never again
Because the human race
Is obsolete
Has faded away
Just like it faded in
Let the blood now freeze
What’s that supposed to

Fed at the breast
Outcast in the bath
Shit on the heads
Of the working class
Who must die in the dark
At ten past ten
The outcome remains
Always the same
It’s always the same

This song doesn’t end when it’s over
This song doesn’t end when it’s over
Oh no, it goes on in your mind
I sing and it stings you
And now my work is done

Do you recall when I was in love with you?
Do you recall the lengths I would go to?
I must have been out of my mind

This song doesn’t end just because it’s over
No, it goes on in your head
In your hospital bed
You hear me instead of drip, drip, drip

And oh, it goes on in your mind
I sing, it stings you
And now my work is done

I must have been out of my mind

Oh, no, it goes on in your mind
I sing and it stings you
And now my work is done

No mountain too high
There were miles of smiles
No repulsive expense
Could ever not make sense

It’s great to be out of your mind

Remember Alain's God-awful "Ganglord" rehash from the other thread? Well "This Song Doesn't End..." makes that look like Last Night I Dreamt. My God.

And "Lover to Be" makes me think he'd had a bottle of vodka, decided to mess about and someone recorded it. The weird, breathy vocals - "Oh, OH, I have nothing to say." You're not kidding!

These tracks should have stayed buried. Awful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom